Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My Dad used a phonebook so the bruises didn't show up as bad.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm a huge fan of beating children. I encourgae all parents to beat their children, if nothing else it will make them feel better.

With that said, it just doesn't always work that way.I was fortunate enough to grow up while kid whipping was still considered the normal parental response and I recieved a healthy share of ass whippings, but I'd have to say embarrassment is a better deterrant than whippings.
    plus it makes em nice and submissive

sounds like a creative way to deal with a piece of garbage child.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    plus it makes em nice and submissive

all hail corporal punishment!

Well he had good intentions even if his solution was a bit unorthodox. He probably would have been better taking you to some martial arts class or something like that but maybe money was an issue, I suppose it cheaper to give a couple of kids 5 bucks than pay for classes all year. I wouldn't hold it against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    The end justifies the means. You turned out better for it, no harm done. I approve of his actions.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ Tradewind&co, i'm in fucking stitches - stop it you evil bastard

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it takes disgusting scum to beat people up for pleasure. The solution to your problem was kids beating you up in return for money which is not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post

all hail corporal punishment!
    don't forget it gives them some nice daddy issues you can work with...

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    don't forget it gives them some nice daddy issues you can work with...
    Strip Clubs gotta find replacements for their aging staff somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are making me more insane as each day passes and I see these kinds of threads.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it worked to me.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    It worked, right? I used to fight all of the time. Like you, very few (within a year or two of my own age) could beat me. My parents tried to stop me, but I was going to do whatever I wanted. Honestly, short of sending me away to some reform school there is nothing they could have done....

I stepped up to a kid about my size, and he beat my ass down. Would I be mad if my parents gave him a few dollars for doing that? No... Lesson learned. Things were a lot different in the mid-to-late 80's anyway. Get caught doing that now and the police and media would have a field day with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Your dad is a coward for not dealing with you himself, he also rewarded two other boys for being violent, sounds a real stand up guy.....
    I agree with Rich (i don't think your father is a coward), why? cause he may have make you less violent, but what about the other 2 kids? he gave them money to BEAT YOU so... what did you think they learned?

BTW RICH why did you intentionally left blank your signature?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I agree with Rich (i don't think your father is a coward), why? cause he may have make you less violent, but what about the other 2 kids? he gave them money to BEAT YOU so... what did you think they learned?

BTW RICH why did you intentionally left blank your signature?
    My signature is not blank.

Sometimes context is important. Beating your kid at home doesn't have the same context of being beaten up and humiliated at school.

Perhaps your father had a similar thing happen to him which straightened him out. Who knows.

I am, however, in favor of a proactive approach to parenting rather than the passive "its just a phase, it will pass" approach. I can't say I would have come up with such a brilliant solution myself so I will be adding this to my playbook for emergency uses only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your father sucks at "being a father". It is kinda sad to see so many people supporting his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Your dads also pretty fiscal. I mean 5 bucks. I'd have charged 20.
    Back then it was plenty, I think thats what I got every week from my parents until I was 12 and I remember I could always buy what I wanted (sweets etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Sounds like your father sucks at "being a father". It is kinda sad to see so many people supporting his attitude.
    When I was young and in my 20s I had the answer to everything and I knew all my answers were 100% correct and beyond reproach. But I got older and all my absolute answers left and the answers I had were not always black and white.
    Before becoming a parent, I absolutely knew the 100% correct way to deal with everything and it's easy because ALL children are exactly 100% the same. A stern, disappointed look will always correct a child's behavior 100% of the time. Anything more or less of a stern disappointed look is just failed parenting.
    I have two teenage boys who are almost exact opposites of each other, you can only imagine my surprise when what worked on one actually didn't yield the same results on another. Anyone who claims they have a single simple solution for all children's problems is full of some grade A shit.

You only fail at parenting when you stop trying to find a solution that works.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-10-30 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these topics, they bring out the internet tough guys.

Pridefully beating your son? One would take pride in beating their son?

I don't believe violence solves violence. There must have been another way to make you understand that getting into fist fights is not a good idea.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.