Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't know about this. I have girls, so I view it differently.
    Right away I turned it around and thought of how any kind of thing like this would apply to a girl. Wow, that would be jail time...

Quote Originally Posted by Weider View Post
    Right away I turned it around and thought of how any kind of thing like this would apply to a girl. Wow, that would be jail time...
    You pay the other girls $5 to give your daughter an eating disorder.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem at hand, it's the USA.... And child protective laws go further here than in many other countries.
    While it may be "okay" when you take your kid, lay it over your knee and give it a well deserved ass whoop, in most European countries. That is not the case in the US.
    A parent can easily find themselves arrested for child abuse and/or domestic violence.

I would never have done what the father in the OP did, but I do fully understand his intentions.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I hate these topics, they bring out the internet tough guys.

Pridefully beating your son? One would take pride in beating their son?

I don't believe violence solves violence. There must have been another way to make you understand that getting into fist fights is not a good idea.
    I'm guessing you must be one of those people who think that a single swat across the butt is a severe case of child abuse ?

I grew up in a community and time, where if you didn't whip your child you were considered an unfit parent. Now if you say a mean word to your child, you're emotional abusing them!
    There is just a gapping country mile difference between abuse and punishment..a country mile! By most of the hyper-sensetive types. My dad's ass whoppings would have been unbelieveable inhuman child abuse that many of you would swear would raise a broken demented person. But dad never just beat me, because I looked at him wrong or i had a show untied. All my whippings were well earned. It seems because there are these odd ball stories of abuse here and there, that anyone who ever strikes a child is just a horrible monster!

I'd argue that my well deserves beatings made me emotionally and mentally tougher. After going through Basic training in the Army, it was easy to tell which little jonny never got an ass whipping, they were mind boggling weak when things got the least bit tough.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-10-30 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Little background, when I was little I was pretty hyperactive and agressive, I would get into fights constantly and they get more serious as you get older. I was still getting into fights at the age of 11 and my parents were desperate for a solution.

Pretty much my dad just told me about 2 hours ago that he gave a couple of guys who were a bit older and tougher about 5 bucks each to beat me up when I was bullying other kids. I remember those two and they were the only ones who really could kick my ass and wether it was right or not what my dad did it worked. I stopped getting into fights because I was scared that the person I was going to fight would kick my ass and that I would embarass myself.

What should I think of this? I was pretty pissed off when my dad told me this, I just can't imagine doing this to my own son but then again, is it just tough love? I wonder in how much trouble he could've gotten himself into if this came out.... Also, my mom doesn't know lol
    your dad deserves a medal for creative parenting.

Deleted
    I wonder if the OP ever knocked a girl out cold or shoved a Cop? -,-

I think you should just call him an asshole and get over it.
    Shouldn't change who you are one bit, rite?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

maybe you shouldnt have been such a douchebag to the other kids.

[2]

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Problem at hand, it's the USA.... And child protective laws go further here than in many other countries.
    While it may be "okay" when you take your kid, lay it over your knee and give it a well deserved ass whoop, in most European countries. That is not the case in the US.
    A parent can easily find themselves arrested for child abuse and/or domestic violence.

I would never have done what the father in the OP did, but I do fully understand his intentions.
    I'm from the EU, GER to be exact.

Kill your dad in his sleep. Fist fights can easily turn deadly. Did he consider you couldve been knocked out, hit your head on the ground and died?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm guessing you must be one of those people who think that a single swat across the butt is a severe case of child abuse ?

I grew up in a community and time, where if you didn't whip your child you were considered an unfit parent. Now if you say a mean word to your child, you're emotional abusing them!
    There is just a gapping country mile difference between abuse and punishment..a country mile! By most of the hyper-sensetive types. My dad's ass whoppings would have been unbelieveable inhuman child abuse that many of you would swear would raise a broken demented person. But dad never just beat me, because I looked at him wrong or i had a show untied. All my whippings were well earned. It seems because there are these odd ball stories of abuse here and there, that anyone who ever strikes a child is just a horrible monster!

I'd argue that my well deserves beatings made me emotionally and mentally tougher. After going through Basic training in the Army, it was easy to tell which little jonny never got an ass whipping, they were mind boggling weak when things got the least bit tough.
    I grew up in the caribbean as a 90s kid and the moment I hit the states the difference was night/day. O.O Kids actually GET to throw tantrums in stores until they get whatever they want? and everybody ignores them? man pathetic and embarrassing. That's just one thing that made me go wide eyed.

It sounds like your dad needs a medal for innovation in the parenting department

Quote Originally Posted by AceGoodheart View Post
    I grew up in the caribbean as a 90s kid and the moment I hit the states the difference was night/day. O.O Kids actually GET to throw tantrums in stores until they get whatever they want? and everybody ignores them? man pathetic and embarrassing. That's just one thing that made me go wide eyed.
    back in the old days you could slap the kids right on their butts. heck my wife doesn't let me do that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I like his style.
    5$ seems kinda cheap to me. I would have asked for at least 10 if I were the other guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    I remember those two and they were the only ones who really could kick my ass and wether it was right or not what my dad did it worked. I stopped getting into fights because I was scared that the person I was going to fight would kick my ass and that I would embarass myself.
    Now you know how the people you attacked felt, sounds good to me. Walk a mile in the other mans shoes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Kill your dad in his sleep. Fist fights can easily turn deadly. Did he consider you couldve been knocked out, hit your head on the ground and died?
    I'm sure that'll solve everyone's problems...

I'm a strong believer in people being the product of the nurture. Thats another discussion, but regarding this, had his father given him a whooping; he could easily as a child chalked up the beating to the fact that it was boy vs. man. By making this a boy vs. boy situation; the child learned the lesson in a less escapable manner.

Also, if you pay a kid to beat your son, you at least know the person administering the beating isn't going to, you know, hopitalise them or something. I don't know; I get that violence rarely solves violence, but it seems like in this case it worked very effectively.

Kinda makes me think a little of the "My future self and me" episode of South Park though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Did your parents even try to confront you...? Didn't school try to stop you? This kind of seems like your dad can't solve things without violence tbh.
    I love people like you so warm and squishy thinking everything in life can be solved with speaking polite terms lol. Apparently you didn't pay attention in History class when America told the English to jump in a lake and then had to shoot a bunch of them to be a free country. Its no different when growing up and if you think it is you must live in a nice area or have parents with money. Those of us who grew up in public schools in rough cities know how to deal with punk bullies.

OT I'd say tell your dad thanks from myself and everyone else with an ounce of commonsense. Bullies usually (not always) don't learn until someone puts them in the same situation. Parents whipping their brats usually won't work in that situation since kids xpect and adult to be able to beat them up.

Good, you deserve it, bullies are spineless cowards (those other kids were more like Mercenaries big dif)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm a strong believer in people being the product of the nurture. Thats another discussion, but regarding this, had his father given him a whooping; he could easily as a child chalked up the beating to the fact that it was boy vs. man. By making this a boy vs. boy situation; the child learned the lesson in a less escapable manner.

Also, if you pay a kid to beat your son, you at least know the person administering the beating isn't going to, you know, hopitalise them or something. I don't know; I get that violence rarely solves violence, but it seems like in this case it worked very effectively.

Kinda makes me think a little of the "My future self and me" episode of South Park though.
    This whole thread is a pseudo answer to this one

I fail to believe that the age is exactly the same while being a coincidental match.
    Annecdotal evidence is useless probably fake ones even more so.

Violence is no solution and humans respond badly to it.

But if you take single cases as Evidence the scales are not in favor of stupid methods like the one executed by the father of the OP.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-10-31 at 12:32 AM.