Thread: So I'm back..

So I'm back..

But I have no bloody idea where to start.

There's LFR, LFG (does anyone even run these anymore?) and dailies and all that stuff, but where exactly do I start from.. Well.. Restarting. Quitting WoW was a nice break, but you know.. I'll never get that achievement of quitting WoW for good.

Any advice/help for someone who just came back from about 2 or 3 patches? I stopped back at around MSV, TOES and HoF.

Whatdo?

Timeless Isle until you hit 496 then off to Siege of Ogrimmar LFR. Keep farming TI for burdens to upgrade the 496 token that drop to 535.

Pretty much what Ulgrim said. I'd say do your cape.. but considering it takes forever dont do it lol.

How long exactly would it take to get the cape? Looks pretty cool to be honest.
    And I do like cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    And I do like cool.
    Couple of Months probably? depending on what part you're on..

Cape would take at least 2-3 months from scratch, not sure if you got all the sigils from MSV/HOF. Its a long grind, and partially RNG based.

Since you can get all items from the first 8 bosses of SoO as well as the raids they originally dropped from, it'll go a bit quicker than it used to. Think it's doable in 3-4 months.

3-4.. Months? Well :|
    So much for cool.
    Is it absolutely necessary for raiding etc etc?

So much for cool.
    Eh.. not really.. alot of people are elitest and don't take anyone that doesn't have it.. but then there's understanding people.

Not necessary, but I know a lot of guilds avoid recruiting people who haven't completed the questline.. its a huge boost in damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for cool.
    You won't be able to compete without the cloak + meta gem (for some classes it's more important than it is for others).

This late, I wouldn't expect to get into a high progression guild without having the cloak, if you found a casual guild/raid that may be better. There are also Flex runs, sorta the level between regular raids and LFR, those may be easier to get into without a cloak as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for cool.
    Be aware that the quest for the cloak is part of a very long chain that has numerous other legendary rewards along the way - could be worth your while to at least start it. It also gives you an excuse to do the pre-SoO LFR raids, which gave loot way more often now so it'll make gearing up quicker.

And I do like cool.
    Sigils: 1-3 weeks (pretty much every LFR boss drops these, so you'll be running MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT, and p1+p2 of SoO.)
    Test of valor is the next big gate: 3 weeks, VP cap every week after getting the quest.
    Afterwords, it's secrets of the empire (20?) Fairly common, but guarenteed to get 2/week from Sha (of pride)/Lei'shen (MAX 10 weeks, likely closer to 2-4) (tot+wing 1/2 of SoO)
    The next big gate are the titan runestones. Very Rare drop. Guarenteed 2/week from Sha (of pride)/Lei'shen. i'd say 3-6 weeks depending on RNG.
    After that, you can use OQueue to get your celestials down.

Overall, the fastest you're clearing this is probably in the range of 10 weeks(3 months). (1 week for sigils, 3 weeks for ToV, 3 weeks for secrets, 3 weeks for runestones.) The reality will likely be 15-20 weeks, assuming you can chew through the stuff in-between the gates in a timely manner. (BP Rep, PVP quest, Change of Command, Thunder Forge, Nalak Quest, etc.)

I'd gun for the LMG at least. Sigils are easy, secrets drop in SoO. then just do wings 3/4 of ToT and 1/2 of SoO and see how long it takes to get your runestones. Runestones are really the longest part. If you're planning on raiding anyway, it'll give you something tertiary to think about.

Well I wasn't planning to go all hardcore/competitive to begin with, just wanted to see some normal mode content before the big xpac explosion from blizzcon, sound viable no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Sigils: 1-3 weeks (pretty much every LFR boss drops these, so you'll be running MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT, and p1+p2 of SoO.)
    Test of valor is the next big gate: 3 weeks, VP cap every week after getting the quest.
    Afterwords, it's secrets of the empire (20?) Fairly common, but guarenteed to get 2/week from Sha (of pride)/Lei'shen (MAX 10 weeks, likely closer to 2-4) (tot+wing 1/2 of SoO)
    The next big gate are the titan runestones. Very Rare drop. Guarenteed 2/week from Sha (of pride)/Lei'shen. i'd say 3-6 weeks depending on RNG.
    After that, you can use OQueue to get your celestials down.

Overall, the fastest you're clearing this is probably in the range of 10 weeks(3 months). (1 week for sigils, 3 weeks for ToV, 3 weeks for secrets, 3 weeks for runestones.) The reality will likely be 15-20 weeks, assuming you can chew through the stuff in-between the gates in a timely manner. (BP Rep, PVP quest, Change of Command, Thunder Forge, Nalak Quest, etc.)

I'd gun for the LMG at least. Sigils are easy, secrets drop in SoO. then just do wings 3/4 of ToT and 1/2 of SoO and see how long it takes to get your runestones. Runestones are really the longest part. If you're planning on raiding anyway, it'll give you something tertiary to think about.
    Well this is a rather detailed post, along with everyone else, sounds like I got my work cut out for me.
    Gearing my Frost DK btw, so hopefully I can get that down, I think I have some vigils and what not already so that's alright.
    Let the fun (?) begin

Quote Originally Posted by Ponzoo View Post
    Cape would take at least 2-3 months from scratch, not sure if you got all the sigils from MSV/HOF. Its a long grind, and partially RNG based.
    Got all the Sigils in a week here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Yea, sigils won't be an issue. It's everything else after that point, the valor will take 3 weeks, then the secrets and runestones.. even still I would average it out to 2-3 months.