Poll: What do you think of this class concept?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty interesting concept I wouldn't mind seeing it ingame.

Deleted
    Great read m8!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Cool! Can I have a link?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ansion-concept

Look at the bottom for the abilities and explanation.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Thanks for redirecting me to your thread, OP I like your concept, like I've said in the 'choose your class thread', mainly because it's more differentiated from the existing classes than Tinkers, Demonhunters, etc.

One of the things I'd like to see different compared to your idea though, are the eligible races for the Titanborn classes. Even though you're correct and 'following the rule of WoW-lore'. Other than that, good idea. This beats the other class concept threads for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Very complex, great to see your efforts.

But it feels to me more like a race concept that was shoehorned into a class.
    These are my feelings toward it.

Titanborn sounds like a hero class which... to me, there should never be again. Death Knight failed at being a 'hero' class, and so there should never be another mistake like that again. Titanborn just feels like a hero class, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Titanborn sounds like a hero class which... to me, there should never be again. Death Knight failed at being a 'hero' class, and so there should never be another mistake like that again. Titanborn just feels like a hero class, in my opinion.
    It is meant to be a Hero Class Concept Look at the title of this thread Personally, I'm fine with hero classes, as long as there will only be a few of them in WoW.

Kind of an older thread, but it's one that's stuck with me!

I'm still not totally set on the name "Titanborn" yet, but the idea itself is fantastic. Give them more Greco-Roman inspiration, from their abilities to their Armor-designs, mixed with the more "celestial" nature of Titans we've seen thus far. I would probably abandon anything "robotic", though, for the most part. Also, I would personally envision them rocking Mail gear, and I would even do a little cross-over change with Shamans; give Shammies a 2hand-oriented spec that uses Strength-mail, along with certain specs of this new "Titanborn" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time i'm impressed with someone's suggestion about a new class. Tinkers always felt like OP engineers to me, demonhunters... well.... because hunters, rogues & warlocks. This totally feels like WoW, without being a ripoff from something else. The only problem i spotted is the ranged tank. Not because that wouldn't be cool, but how it would break the game. If the contructs you suggest to be created would behave similar to the JC statues, with a few adaptations perhaps, i'd be 100% on board. Now i'm just 95% on board

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    First time i'm impressed with someone's suggestion about a new class. Tinkers always felt like OP engineers to me, demonhunters... well.... because hunters, rogues & warlocks. This totally feels like WoW, without being a ripoff from something else. The only problem i spotted is the ranged tank. Not because that wouldn't be cool, but how it would break the game. If the contructs you suggest to be created would behave similar to the JC statues, with a few adaptations perhaps, i'd be 100% on board. Now i'm just 95% on board
    Yeah, really there are a number of things I'd change from the OP, but I think he really nailed a great "theme" to shoot for. The differences I'd have would probably be a 1hand+shield tank, a more traditional caster, and... maybe something similar to the Crusader in D3, as a mid-range melee-caster hybrid?

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually pleases me, as other posters have said the idea may need some tweaking to permit a proper faction bias. But all in all this idea, and the themes behind it could carry a patch or more on their own. Like 6.4 we find out whats been happening and this class is introduced prior to the legion expansion
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I mean it when I say - I don't think I've seen a better class idea before. It's fresh, it's original, it's interesting, it finds in with the lore of the game. Plus, who doesn't want to be a robot?
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

10+ Year Old Account
    A ranged tank idea is tricky in general. It looks like this one is based on pet tanking, but more involved. It would take time to get used to, since I assume moving both yourself and your Replicant at the same time would take skill.

It's a good-looking idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    I mean it when I say - I don't think I've seen a better class idea before. It's fresh, it's original, it's interesting, it finds in with the lore of the game. Plus, who doesn't want to be a robot?
    Agreed. Mechagnomes ftw!

Best one of these concepts that I've seen. Its original instead of just a variation of an existing class/profession.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting concepts, I do like.

I love this idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    there werent proto trolls, tauren or goblins. 0/10
    It can be lore-d into existence.