Poll: What do you think of this class concept?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hero Class Concept: Titanborn

Wrathion: I promise you this. I will stop at nothing to prepare this world for the battle to come.
    Wrathion: Next time, I will leave nothing to chance.
    Wrathion: NOTHING!

Wrathion's efforts to create a united army on Azeroth to face the pending Demonic threat have failed. His frustration with the mortal races has led him to conclude that he must form an army of his own. One more like himself, purified of any corrupting influences and a manifestation of the Creators' power. Armed with the Eye of the Watchers from the Tomb of the Watchers, the same Titanic artifact that was responsible for his creation, Wrathion has been reassembling members of Alliance and Horde alike to be free of Old God corruption and impowering them with Titan technology from ruins found across the four continents. His Titanborn will reunite with the races most similar to them, and lead both factions towards the common goal of saving Azeroth.

Wrathion: You are Titanborn!
    Wrathion: You have been created, as I have, with great purpose.
    Wrathion: Together, we will learn from what this planet has to teach us, we will grow in power, and we will defend Azeroth from the Burning Legion!"

Races:
    Due to the effects of the Eye of the Watchers, the Titanborn are only allowed to be played by the following races, using the following skins representative of their forms from before the Curse of Flesh:

Alliance Ambassadors:
    Humans: Iron Vrykul
    Dwarves: Earthen
    Gnomes: Clockwork Gnomes

Horde Ambassadors:
    Tauren: Proto-Tauren
    Trolls: Proto-Trolls
    Goblins: Proto-Goblins

Unplayble Races:
    Efforts to purify Night Elves and Blood Elves resulted in reoriginating them into proto-Trolls (Wrathion found this fascinating).
    Worgen and Undead had their curse impurities removed, regresessed beyond their human state, and resultantly became Iron Vrykul.
    Draenei and Orcs were not of Azeroth; any knowledge the Eye of the Watchers needed to purify them was unaccessible.

Gear:
    To increase their knowledge and skill with Titan artifacts, while also enhancing their natural metallic forms, Titanborn use Intellect Plate. Strength and agility do not enhance their inherent powers. Their weapons are mostly ceremonial, so any Intellect weapons (swords, shields, maces, staves, etc) to help transcend their baser limitations are equippable.

Resource: Mass
    Titanborn manipulate and reconfigure matter. To this extent, they have a secondary bar called Mass. All three specs involve applying a DoT called Disintegrate on a mob, which removes mass from the target and increases their secondary resource bar. This mass is used to build duplicate Titanborn and regenerate the wounds of allies. Mass does not degenerate out of combat. All specs use mana as a primary resource.

Hero Class Starting Zone: Ulduar
    All Titanborn start at level 75. You will spend your first five levels in a phased zone of the Stormpeaks around Ulduar, where you research Titan artifacts and learn from Wrathion and the Ulduar Watchers. You will end the zone testing out your Legion-fighting abilities repelling the beginnings of an invasion headed by a vengeful Mal'Ganis.

Specs:

Ranged Tank: Replicant
    The tank spec operates by removing mass from the target, and then using that mass to create a Replicant of themselves fixed at the player's current location. The Replicant then performs all agro generation and defensive abilities that the player activates. It is immune to AoE effects, but not single target damage. Meanwhile, the player is encouraged to move and perform ranged DPS abilities, while generating more mass to construct another replicant should the target need to be moved to a new location. Distance gained from the Replicant increases damage and shielding abilites.

Mastery: Kinetic Transfer
    Increases the damage reduction of the Replicant's Kinetic Shield by X%, increases your chance to block melee attacks by X%. Also adds X% to your Kinetic Beam damage, modified further as your distance from the Replicant increases.

Kinetic Shield
    The Replicant maintains a matrix shield of energy which decreases damage taken by 25%. Significantly increases threat generation. Also causes 45% of the damage your Replicant absorbs to be converted to Kinetic Beam which is fired from the ranged player. This damage causes no threat.

Fusion Punch
    An attack infused with energy from the Replicant that inflicts X Arcane damage and an additional X Arcane damage per second. Increases movement speed of the ranged player with each stack.

Memory Transfer
    The ranged player explodes in a torrent of AoE damage, and player control reverts to the Replicant. Generates a large amount of threat which is transferred to the relocated player after detonation.

Ranged Summoner DPS: Runemaster
    The Runemaster is a summoning class that uses Titanic knowledge to perform ranged DPS. While casting direct damage to a target, the Runemaster constructs disposable clones which do additional ranged damage and can be instructed to sacrifice themselves for further damage.

Mastery: Triangulate
    A target caught in the ley-lines between the caster and a clone suffers an additional X% damage. This damage is doubled if caught in the area created between the caster and two clones.

Rune of Summoning
    Places a Rune of Summoning at range at a targetted location. The player uses Mass to cause the Rune to contruct a fixed clone with 10% of the player's health which begins firing Repulsor Blast at the target every three seconds. Two Runes may be placed at once, each summoning a new clone at a cost of 100% of Mass. If a third clone is summoned, the eldest clone will automatically sprint to the target and place a Rune of Detonation on the target(see below). Runes of Summoning disappear when reapplied or after 5 minutes.

Rune of Detonation
    Causes all current clones to sprint at their target to place a Rune of Detonation on the target. Clones explode upon impact causing single target damage, and the Rune of Detonation explodes after 5 seconds, causing AoE damage.

AoE Disintegrate
    Blast the target with an arcane blast, dealing Arcane damage to that foe, and Arcane damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, applying Disintegrate on all targets. Each application of Disintegrate increases Mass generation for quicker clone summoning.

Rune of Teleportation
    Places a Rune at the caster's current location and immediately swaps positions with an existing clone. The clone resumes DPS at its new location, and the Rune of Summoning at the player's new location will be consumed. 3 minute cooldown.

Healer: Reoriginator
    The Reoriginator redirects mass gained from Disintegrate to recontruct friendly players. It also harnesses the power of the cosmos to protect its allies.

Mastery: Solar System
    You have a X% chance when you heal to summon a small planetoid that encircles your player and provides a passive healing bonus for each sphere. This planetoid will automatically launch itself and heal a nearby player when they fall below 30% health. Up to three planetoids can be created at once.

Re-integrate Mass
    Heals the target for X and an additional X every 3 sec for 12 sec. Cannot be cast unless Disintegrate is on at least one target.

Dark Matter Barrier
    Draws on the power of the cosmos to shield a target, absorbing spell damage. Lasts 15 sec. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

Gravity Well
    Places a large, stationary field that drains mass from the caster and absorbs physical damage done to party or raid members inside it by 40%. The Gravity Well lasts for as long as the caster has the mass to maintain it.

Herald of the Titans
    Take the form of a Cosmic Observer for 15 seconds. All abilites costing mass are resource free and Solar System mastery increases chance to summon a small planetoid when you heal to 100%.

Interesting concept. I give you points for originality and not bothering us with yet another tinker or demon hunter class.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very complex, great to see your efforts.

But it feels to me more like a race concept that was shoehorned into a class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    not gonna lie. I dont buy into alot of these create your own class threads. But this one sounds cool. 10/10 would play
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I'd be down for a clockwork gnome. Very neat. Thanks for the read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Great idea to give intellect plate more value!

I like this a lot! The mass concept is really cool, and it makes sense with the titan theme. If you could visibly see enemies deteriorate, that would be awesome.

My only "negative" thought is that the tanking spec seems like it might be a bit tricky. You have your replicant tanking and using defensive abilities as you use them, and then the player is off collecting mass. So, a player will have to be actively monitoring a replicant and using replicant abilities while trying to also manage their mass to make more replicants. It could work, but it would have to be balanced so that the player has enough time to do both of those tasks.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds interesting. I would really like to try the tank spec!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could actually see this happening.

I would love this. As a physics geek, the whole idea is so cool.

Good work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this idea. Specifically because it implies elves evolved from trolls, which quite frankly doesnt make a lot of sense. If anything elves bare an uncanny resemblance to humans, besides the ears and eye brows. But these are minor genetic mutation's if you will. I would make more sense for them to be traced back to a common vyrkul ancestor.

Besides that I think its a decent idea. Provided it caters to all races not just 3 per faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    I hate this idea. Specifically because it implies elves evolved from trolls, which quite frankly doesnt make a lot of sense. If anything elves bare an uncanny resemblance to humans, besides the ears and eye brows. But these are minor genetic mutation's if you will. I would make more sense for them to be traced back to a common vyrkul ancestor.

Besides that I think its a decent idea. Provided it caters to all races not just 3 per faction.
    The reason that implication is there is because a decent amount of lore suggests that Night Elves evolved from trolls living around the Well of Eternity.

This actually sounds really good, very well made and very interesting read! Good job 10/10 would definitely like to see this as a new class one day!

Deleted
    Very interesting change of pace from all the tinkers vs demon hunters race. Although I see it more as a pleasant distraction than a serious contender. IMO it doesnt have enough background or road for that matter to become a class on its own. But I could see it as part of another class. hmm...
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2013-10-30 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Pics or shens, as it were
    You don't read a whole lot, then. It's been posted on the wiki, and discussed here on MMO-C in depth, that elves evolved from Trolls. And why does it have to 'cater to all races'? Some classes already don't, why not this? Blizzard doesn't need to be pigeonholed into only doing things they've already done. Do you even play this game?

I really, really like this idea, OP. It would put INT plate to use outside of Pallies, which is much needed. It's definitely a unique idea, too. The tank spec especially piques my interest, it's just so far and away from current tanking. I would certainly be up for playing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually pretty cool. I'd definitely play this!

Deleted
    there werent proto trolls, tauren or goblins. 0/10

As far as we know night elves are mutated trolls that played too much in the sunwell. Well at least I didn't see it retconned away yet.

Deleted
    Yes please!
    This is close of what I had in mind tbh
    And I liked stormpeaks and ulduar, quite alote

Deleted
    I'm Really loving this Idea.

The only thing I'm finding a bit hard to digest, is the proto-Troll/tauren/goblin. Blizz might pull it off, If they went with an idea such as this, but I'm having a hard time imagening it.

Otherwise brilliantly imagined with Int Plate as the armot type, such so it has other uses than a single specc across the game, and the speccs seems reallt thought through.

9/10