Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
... LastLast
  1. #461
    High Overlord MadBloke101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    University of Mad
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Most people don't know they are doing something wrong and when the only experience they have of someone informing them of it is 'LOL, U SuX, L2PLY! BOOT!' They just assume your a jerk and pay you no heed. Find a way to get people informed without being insulting would go a long way towards people looking up how to play better.
    I can only give my experience - my help to improve is given... I get back - "it is my game time I play how I want" ... even proving grounds for people I have tried to say - go, have a go - we can chat about it and see how you perceive each challenge ... I get silence and then "it is my game time I play how I want"

    Helping someone who really doesn't want helping is tiring... so I don't do it anymore
    Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger - Elric - The Geometry of Shadows
    Pure Genius :
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good. It typically shows that on line competitive PC games are played LOOOOONG after they have been published.

  2. #462
    Flex Flex Flex

  3. #463
    Don't remove it, just make the rewards for doing it not attractive to actual raiders, such as making the gear 1 ilvl lower than previous normal e.g SoO - 521, ToT - 495 and remove the legendary item drops. That way if you raid, even casually (so not heroic) you won't need to go into lfr to get an upgrade, and people who don't want to do organised raiding can still see the content which is what it's there for.

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I made no assumptions that world first competitors would leave, I merely called out someone who suggested that the top 3 raiding guilds leaving would make blizzard stop and pay attention. To which I said Blizzard would not even notice it as a bump in the road. 75 people no matter their skill won't make Blizzard take notice.

    Try to not re-imagine what I actually say and keep up.
    Ok fine. You still made a bad comparison by comparing the 75 top world raiders leaving to every single non-raider. My point still stands.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    I can only give my experience - my help to improve is given... I get back - "it is my game time I play how I want" ... even proving grounds for people I have tried to say - go, have a go - we can chat about it and see how you perceive each challenge ... I get silence and then "it is my game time I play how I want"

    Helping someone who really doesn't want helping is tiring... so I don't do it anymore
    Exactly I don't know how many times i have been beyond nice in trying to offer...yes OFFER not force help and was met with very rude responses. It's not that people don't know that they are doing wrong, it's that they don't care they are doing something wrong. I love how people make bad players seem as if they are all genuinely good hearted trying to get better when that is vastly NOT the case.

  6. #466
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    You obviously are a wrath baby or later, because we (the casuals) never got sick of them because there were so many and they were challenging enough to sate our PvE endgame. Not to mention, alot of the gear back then was much closer power-wise (aka ilvl) than now. There wasnt a huge gap of a difference between Heroic Dungeon gear/epics/crafted than tier 5. Just because YOU don't want LFR gone doesn't mean it should stay. Endgame was just fine before LFR. Matter of fact, this community was much better/friendlier.
    Just because YOU want LFR gone doesn't mean it should go. Now that your argument has been exposed as toxic wind lets move on to the community. The community only punished noobs who didn't have friends, if you were a jerk and griefer but your friends had a good laugh at all your antics then you never saw 1 disadvantage of being a griefer. Not 1.
    Endgame was just fine before LFR as long as you were in the endgame, just like a night club that didn't allow a certain race to enter was just fine for you because you were not that race, you didn't like that race and you were already inside the club.
    Having LFD/LFG did not make the community worse, what made the community worse was now that you had a button to avoid making a community yourself you choose to avoid making a community. People act like a random group button ruined the community but don’t want to put effort into the community unless you are forced to. There is nothing stopping you from making friends with people on your server and queueing up with those people, in fact there are advantages in doing so. For every person you know that you bring along thats one less person that may be incapable/afk. If you befriend a healer or tank you get reduced queue times, if you are a healer or tank your friends get the benefit of short queue times and you get to enjoy an event togeather while socialising on vent. The queue button does not stop you from making friends and playing with friends, you do.

  7. #467
    They don't want us playing at all, just farming mats to give to them, and of course paying or subs so they get their new raids. A month strike by casuals would be frightening - a months strike by hardcore pains would be a yawn - who in game would even notice?
    well said.

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    I can only give my experience - my help to improve is given... I get back - "it is my game time I play how I want" ... even proving grounds for people I have tried to say - go, have a go - we can chat about it and see how you perceive each challenge ... I get silence and then "it is my game time I play how I want"

    Helping someone who really doesn't want helping is tiring... so I don't do it anymore
    The reason you get that reaction is because A: They have bad experiences with it in the past. B: Humans have a hard time understanding they may be doing something wrong by nature. C: Your approach was way off. I tend to say, "If you want I can give you some suggestions on how to increase your dps by 25% and if you don't like the suggestions you can always change it back to the way you like it." If they say no walk away, chances are in time they will start to get courious as to what it was that could increase their dps by 25% and come back to you.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-10-31 at 05:15 PM.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    well said.
    Guess what...they wouldn't care about either...know why? because in 1 month they would be back lmfao..blizzard looks at long term not short term. I love how people overestimate the amount of casuals that would actually do it to matter. you'd call for a strike and maybe 1000 would do it if that. Why? because casuals lack commitment and that means commitment to the game or a cause...

  10. #470
    The Patient Paladinne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England, guvnah.
    Posts
    234
    None.

    /thread
    [sic]

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    Since you're not raiding, take the time to study your class during your offline time and learn to play.
    Most people who want to spend their offline time studying are studying to get better at their school work or at their job. Just because you want to treat the game like a job and "study" for it when you're not playing doesn't mean everyone should be forced to do so. WoW is a recreational activity, not a career.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  12. #472
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    You obviously are a wrath baby
    A "wrath baby" as you idiots like to call them have been playing WoW now for 5 years. Longer than you were playing when Wrath came out.

    because we (the casuals) never got sick of them because there were so many and they were challenging enough to sate our PvE endgame.
    What a crock! The casual player's dungeon endgame was spamming "LF Strat group" in /lfg for 4 hours. Casuals never got sick of the dungeons because they never got to see them.

    Not to mention, alot of the gear back then was much closer power-wise (aka ilvl) than now.
    Another crock. The difference between Tier 0.5 and T3 in Vanilla or DS3 and T6 was no smaller than the difference between 502 and 570 is now. If anything it was even more pronounced.

    Just because YOU don't want LFR gone doesn't mean it should stay.
    No, it should stay because many, many people have put forth numerous valid reasons why it should while no one has put forth any valid (or even coherent) reason that it shouldn't.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Most people who want to spend their offline time studying are studying to get better at their school work or at their job. Just because you want to treat the game like a job and "study" for it when you're not playing doesn't mean everyone should be forced to do so. WoW is a recreational activity, not a career.
    well for a hobby some like to cook....you still need to research how right? how about rebuilding engines as a hobby? still need to learn how...how about knitting? still need to learn....the list goes on and on thus your point is somewhat invalid

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    well for a hobby some like to cook....you still need to research how right? how about rebuilding engines as a hobby? still need to learn how...how about knitting? still need to learn....the list goes on and on thus your point is somewhat invalid
    You can learn to cook by experimenting and you can learn to rebuild engines just by tearing one apart. If they required studying then none of these skills would be learned by a majority of the worlds citizens who still need stickers to understand that you should not mow your lawn with your baby crawling around in the high grass.

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can learn to cook by experimenting and you can learn to rebuild engines just by tearing one apart. If they required studying then none of these skills would be learned by a majority of the worlds citizens who still need stickers to understand that you should not mow your lawn with your baby crawling around in the high grass.
    ok so let me clear it up then as you hit a point.....ANYONE can raid (lfr) but if you want to do it better you must research. That goes with ANY hobby. Sure you can cook by experimenting but those that train and research techniques and ingredients and what not do it better. Its the same. If you don't want to get better don't expect to get the same results as those that actually try to get better and excel at their hobbies....ie raiding.

    You only can achieve goals of which you put forth the effort in any case of a hobby. Put forth little effort then your hobby is not done as well as someone who does the same hobby but takes more time to perfect it. Some are fine building go-karts...others desire building race cars.
    Last edited by pallyopness; 2013-10-31 at 05:28 PM.

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    well for a hobby some like to cook....you still need to research how right?
    Not really. Most of us know how to use knives and forks, how to measure out flour, how to pour, and how to use appliances. We've grown up learning to do that stuff because you typically have to cook to eat unless you're following some oddball diet. When I want to try out a new recipe I don't need to spend 45 minutes watching videos and reading strat guides so that I can teach nine other people how to help me barbeque ribs. I just follow the directions and get it done with no prep beyond what that recipe demands. Over time I will find ways to improve and/or expedite steps in the recipe, but that's done "on the job" and not through study.

    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    how about rebuilding engines as a hobby? still need to learn how...
    Long before you've taken up that hobby you've already learned to work with the tools required. From then it's just like cooking. You grab the manual, see what needs to go where, and just do it. No need for extensive preparation, and no need to find nine other guys to help you build your engine.

    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    how about knitting? still need to learn....the list goes on and on thus your point is somewhat invalid
    I learned how to cross stitch in third grade. My 11-year-old daughter is learning to knit. It doesn't require study. Someone shows you what to do and you just do it. The process of knitting itself is absolutely trivial.

    These examples you gave are the equivalent of saying you need to know how to press buttons to play WoW, and I'm pretty sure that all of us have at least that much competence. The suggestion that we need to "study" to "learn to play" has far larger implications than the examples you gave. Each raid boss is an entirely new game in and of itself. It requires a unique set of skills to be executed in a particular manner, and it requires a minimum of 10 people to do it. I personally do "study" and "learn to play" before raiding, but I'm not silly enough to expect every other WoW player to go that far. Blizzard needs to draw in far more than the number of players who are as enthusiastic about the game as I am to maintain their revenue.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  17. #477
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can learn to cook by experimenting and you can learn to rebuild engines just by tearing one apart. If they required studying then none of these skills would be learned by a majority of the worlds citizens who still need stickers to understand that you should not mow your lawn with your baby crawling around in the high grass.
    And you can learn playing WoW by trial and error. It is just less effective. Just as learning to cook by experimenting is.
    You are not and never will be required to study WoW.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Sure you can cook by experimenting but those that train and research techniques and ingredients and what not do it better.
    In that way it is like WoW. Sure you can succeed at Flex and LFR by experimenting, but those that prefer to train and research fights and what not do normal and heroic raiding. That's as designed. There's room for everyone, and you're being silly when you tell people that they absolutely must study in order to play. That's like telling people that they need to be master chefs before they're allowed to cook their own meals.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by silver9172 View Post
    WoW endgame only has 2 things that NEED to be challenging. That's raiding and PvP. We don't need hard 5 mans. You think that average players want to sit there for 2 hours wiping in a 5 man? We tried that in Cata remember? How did that go?
    Apparently they prefer wiping for 2 hours in a 25 man? The idea that 5 mans aren't allowed to be challenging even when they're tagged as HEROICS is bizarre.

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawry1 View Post
    Don't remove it, just make the rewards for doing it not attractive to actual raiders, such as making the gear 1 ilvl lower than previous normal e.g SoO - 521, ToT - 495 and remove the legendary item drops. That way if you raid, even casually (so not heroic) you won't need to go into lfr to get an upgrade, and people who don't want to do organised raiding can still see the content which is what it's there for.
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Man LFR sucks, just a bunch of bads with welfare legendaries and welfare purples. ”
    (Guild) Raider, “Yeah, they should not allow them to have tier sets or trinkets, give a people areason to join raiding guilds.”
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Totally, oh BTW Healer1 can’t make it to raid tonight, you have any friends that can fill in as a healer? Without a Healer we won’t be raiding tonight.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I’ll check.”
    Raider whispers to friend, “Hey you have a healer alt right? Are they raid worthy because we really need a healer tonight to raid.”
    Friend whispers to Raider, “Yeah I have a mistweaver, all LFR gear including 4 piece set, BIS trinkets and legendary cloak.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I got us a healer for tonight!

    You guys don’t bitch and complain about LFR dropping this stuff when its helping you drop your raid boss. Hypocrits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •