Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
36
... LastLast
  1. #501
    I find it pretty hilarious that 'hardcore' raiders are complaining that LFR is forced upon them and they hate it because it's easy.

    What did you do to gear up before LFR? Heroics.
    What are first tier raids balanced around? Heroic instance gear.
    What are you doing by over gearing the 'Normal' raid content with LFR gear? Making it easy for yourselves.

    Do you see the irony?

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Man LFR sucks, just a bunch of bads with welfare legendaries and welfare purples. ”
    (Guild) Raider, “Yeah, they should not allow them to have tier sets or trinkets, give a people areason to join raiding guilds.”
    (Guild) Raidleader, “Totally, oh BTW Healer1 can’t make it to raid tonight, you have any friends that can fill in as a healer? Without a Healer we won’t be raiding tonight.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I’ll check.”
    Raider whispers to friend, “Hey you have a healer alt right? Are they raid worthy because we really need a healer tonight to raid.”
    Friend whispers to Raider, “Yeah I have a mistweaver, all LFR gear including 4 piece set, BIS trinkets and legendary cloak.”
    (Guild) Raid, “I got us a healer for tonight!

    You guys don’t bitch and complain about LFR dropping this stuff when its helping you drop your raid boss. Hypocrits.
    Or you know, find a flex geared healer. I don't care about people without the time/desire to do organised raiding getting epics or even a legendary, just so long as it doesn't mean that normal mode raiders will benefit from doing it, so if you want to optimise your character you don't need to set foot there. I think it's a really good tool for seeing the content that you otherwise wouldn't which it is there for, but having done normal I personally really dislike doing it but sadly there are a few upgrades there for me.

  3. #503
    A lot of the people who want LFR removed want endgame to be only for others who think like them. Anyone who thinks differently is unworthy to them.

    i.e. They think "Endgame should be made for ME, not YOU"

    They also don't think of WoW as a business. They are too emotionally invested in the game to understand their own place in it.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    No you don't need to study to play...you need to study to play the harder difficulties. But people who aren't wanting to study to get better to do the harder difficulties are complaining they can't do it and feel it is unfair. Totally different.
    That's not what they complain about. The complaints are that there is not enough content at the easier difficulties. That's because Blizzard chose to exclusively invest in the harder difficulties. LFR is just their attempt to rectify the lack of easy content without having to take their focus off the hard content. That wasn't done to sate casuals' appetite for heroic raiding; it was purely done to appease them so that they could continue to meet the needs of the heroic raiding community. I don't know how many times we've been over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  5. #505
    Epic! schwank05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sanborn, MN
    Posts
    1,681
    I am a casual player doing our guilds Flex run once a week for 3-4 hours and that is it. The rest is LFR which I hate gimme Wrath/ Cata 5-mans spammable content that granted both Valor and gear. I dont want to do LFR more than once because of the toxic environment.

    Or use the new Down-leveling system so all content in game is current and have it drop gear good for your spec and level. I would love this GW2 style.

  6. #506
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    also on the cooking note...sure I know how to cook, but I want to make a chocolate mousse cake or whatever it is (I don't cook so laugh all you want). Now I ASSUME chocolate is involved in the recipe but have no clue what else. Now would you like me to come make you a cake or would you prefer someone who took the time to look up ALL the ingredients and prep time and cooking heat do it for you instead?
    Unless you're a professional chef chances are that you're going to follow a recipe with simple step-by-step instructions. That's a given, and takes all of 5 minutes to do for anyone who can use the index in the cookbook. Your example is ridiculous because no one would cook like that. The closest thing that matches what you've said is to use a store-bought chocolate mousse mix, and those are typically pretty good. Of course most of the time I would prefer a mousse cooked by a professional chef who has refined their recipe over the years, but the pre-made store-bought mix is almost as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    That's not what they complain about. The complaints are that there is not enough content at the easier difficulties. That's because Blizzard chose to exclusively invest in the harder difficulties. LFR is just their attempt to rectify the lack of easy content without having to take their focus off the hard content. That wasn't done to sate casuals' appetite for heroic raiding; it was purely done to appease them so that they could continue to meet the needs of the heroic raiding community. I don't know how many times we've been over that.
    really? because I see lfr players say they see the same content heroic raiders do in lfr all the time. what content does heroic raiders have that lfrs don't? it seems to me we have the same content just different difficulties. So I don't see how heroic changes anything for lfr people. I mean heroic raiders have a harder difficulty of the same thing lfr players see and can work towards..I don't see your argument being anything but a reason to bitch.

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Your example is ridiculous because no one would cook like that.
    I agree it's not a great analogy, however there ARE people who go into lfr without taking the time to look up the fight or even how to play their class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    The closest thing that matches what you've said is to use a store-bought chocolate mousse mix, and those are typically pretty good. Of course most of the time I would prefer a mousse cooked by a professional chef who has refined their recipe over the years, but the pre-made store-bought mix is almost as good.
    What sort of player are you comparing the this to? I don't think that anybody can do medium-good dps without learning the class or "looking up the recipe" in this analogy.

  9. #509
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I love all the LFR fanboys calling out how LFR is needed for casuals and when they are said we need alternatives they yell out NOOOOOOOO IT WILL KILL LFR
    Please cite a post that does that. This is the only constructive post to offer viable LFR alternatives:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    it's casual players who provide the vast, vast majority of the playerbase in this game and it's high-time they stopped being fed reconstituted and watered down "content", just so that Blizzard can justify making rock hard raids from normal up...
    All the other posts have ranged from "they don't deserve any content because they lack devotion" to "let them run flex" to "let them grind My Little Panda's Island Adventure for epix." Do you really think anyone will be happy with alternatives like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    If the dungeons were tuned at a Cata/TBC level on heroic, and Wrath level on normal, that would be absolutely awesome for both casual and hardcore alike.
    I mean as a heroic raider I really only needed a handful of truly difficult bosses to keep me entertained. Wrath was a fun expansion to raid in despite having about half of the number of heroic/hardmode bosses Panda does.

    So yeah. Bring on the dungeons!
    I think this very thing may happen. Blizzcon will be interesting this year.

    Q: I'd like to see 4 difficulties for dungeons. Leveling, Max Level, Heroic Max Level, and Challenge. Epics for H mode like TBC.
    "Yeah, we think tough heroics could work so long as they aren't the only route to gearing for LFR and flex raiding."
    Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 8/19/13
    I'm also interested to see how the new annual expansion is going to change things. If you consider a 4 month patch cycle, things start looking like this:

    Expansion1 -> patch 1 -> patch 2 -> Expansion 2

    If Blizzard can make changes to dungeons, scenarios, BGs, professions, brawler's guild, pet battles, etc. to accommodate a non-raiding progression system; Blizzard might finally be in a position to stop forcing everyone to raid.

    A crazy-talk side note: Blizzard might also want to consider changing LFR to be a 25 man scenario in the future. Tanking LFR is not pleasant. Don't misunderstand me, I'm OK with LFR, but think some improvements are possible.

  11. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Please cite a post that does that. This is the only constructive post to offer viable LFR alternatives:


    All the other posts have ranged from "they don't deserve any content because they lack devotion" to "let them run flex" to "let them grind My Little Panda's Island Adventure for epix." Do you really think anyone will be happy with alternatives like that?
    lol so its just the name as is said before that bugs you...no bitching would happen if lfr was called normal....then you would feel better about yourself. and no this thread doesn't have better alternatives...25 man for heroic only? many of us prefer 10 man heroic raids....why take away 10 man heroics? that makes zero sense, but so does any lfr persons argument so go figure.

  12. #512
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    really? because I see lfr players say they see the same content heroic raiders do in lfr all the time. what content does heroic raiders have that lfrs don't? it seems to me we have the same content just different difficulties. So I don't see how heroic changes anything for lfr people. I mean heroic raiders have a harder difficulty of the same thing lfr players see and can work towards..I don't see your argument being anything but a reason to bitch.
    So what? Who cares what they say because, not having been in there, they have no clue. So in essence you're mad because some casual player is able to successfully troll you? Let them think what they want. You know the difference in challenge between the two modes and you can choose to overcome it or not as you see fit. Don't let some ignorant boob get the better of you, and don't insist that Blizzard punish the vast majority of players who do LFR for what it is just to satisfy a grudge that you bear against a small population of trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  13. #513
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    So what? Who cares what they say because, not having been in there, they have no clue. So in essence you're mad because some casual player is able to successfully troll you? Let them think what they want. You know the difference in challenge between the two modes and you can choose to overcome it or not as you see fit. Don't let some ignorant boob get the better of you, and don't insist that Blizzard punish the vast majority of players who do LFR for what it is just to satisfy a grudge that you bear against a small population of trolls.
    not sure what you are saying here lolol.....I haven't been trolled at all? I never said to punish lfr players....my stance is lfr stays but quit begging for more changes due to lack of skill or desire to get better. it is really that simple.

  14. #514
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    lol so its just the name as is said before that bugs you...no bitching would happen if lfr was called normal....then you would feel better about yourself. and no this thread doesn't have better alternatives...25 man for heroic only? many of us prefer 10 man heroic raids....why take away 10 man heroics? that makes zero sense, but so does any lfr persons argument so go figure.
    The name has nothing to do with it. Saying, "let them run flex," demonstrates a complete inability to understand the who issue. Flex requires about 30-45 minutes to organize, minimum, unless you have a pre-existing schedule set up with your guild. Even so, that assumes that you're already at 530+ ilevel, and that's a pretty tall order for a casual player. With less than that you're looking at 2-3 hours to get into a Flex group via oqueue, and many of those groups fail completely at the first boss. This is not compelling gameplay for a casual player who only has between 45 minutes and an hour and a half of solid gameplay available at hours that are inconsistent with existing raiding guilds'. For these players Flex is just as unattainable as Normal. Flex solves a different problem. It allows those raids who have been held back by unskilled friends and/or family members to experience some form of organized progression again. LFR was too easy for those people and Normal was too hard. Flex is meant to be tuned between those two modes. Do you understand the difference?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    not sure what you are saying here lolol.....I haven't been trolled at all? I never said to punish lfr players....my stance is lfr stays but quit begging for more changes due to lack of skill or desire to get better. it is really that simple.
    No one has been begging for more changes. I don't know where that's coming from. The OP set up a hypothetical situation where LFR was gone and then challenged other posters to come up with good alternatives to it. So far the only credible post on this that I've seen is Zellviren's.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  15. #515
    Apologies if this has been adequately been answered previously.
    Why is repeatedly running LFR for gear better/more fun than repeatedly running 5 mans for gear?

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawry1 View Post
    Or you know, find a flex geared healer. I don't care about people without the time/desire to do organised raiding getting epics or even a legendary, just so long as it doesn't mean that normal mode raiders will benefit from doing it, so if you want to optimise your character you don't need to set foot there. I think it's a really good tool for seeing the content that you otherwise wouldn't which it is there for, but having done normal I personally really dislike doing it but sadly there are a few upgrades there for me.
    There is an advantage to doing things in a higher tier of challenge, PEFORMANCE. If you had to choose one healer and you had a choice in the guy with a full set of normals, normal tier, legendary cloak, normal trinkets and a guy in the same gear from LFR you would choose the guy in normal, but if you don’t have the guy in normal then the LFR geared guy is still a good enough choice that it won’t drag down your raid.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    You didn't see all the complaining about how LFR is forced and mandatory? Remove gear and everything solved.
    The game doesn't force anyone to run LFR. LFR isn't required, just like dailies weren't at the start of MoP. The only thing forcing players to do anything is other players. If your guild leader is forcing you to do LFR, or something else you don't want to do, then don't do it and look for a new guild. Don't blame the people who actually do what they enjoy, or the game for letting them.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Apologies if this has been adequately been answered previously.
    Why is repeatedly running LFR for gear better/more fun than repeatedly running 5 mans for gear?
    It's not. I'll be the first to acknowledge that for many players (including me) it absolutely sucks in comparison. It's only better for the developers at Blizzard because they can concentrate all their resources on creating bosses and architecture for raids instead of having to split them between raids and 5-man dungeons. I don't know why the blame for this is constantly being pinned on casual players.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

  19. #519
    Heroic and normal raids should be removed. Almost nobody cares for that stuff, except for a few basement-dwellers that are overall just bad for the community thanks to their unlikeable attitude.

  20. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    It's not. I'll be the first to acknowledge that for many players (including me) it absolutely sucks in comparison. It's only better for the developers at Blizzard because they can concentrate all their resources on creating bosses and architecture for raids instead of having to split them between raids and 5-man dungeons. I don't know why the blame for this is constantly being pinned on casual players.
    Because a subset of casual players were the ones looking for accessible raids, and an expansion of the LFD system to include raids. Obviously LFR offers very little to raiders who already have all the resources needed to organise raids themselves.
    So some casuals demanded LFR, perhaps without realising that it'd have such a negative impact on the number of dungeons.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Heroic and normal raids should be removed. Almost nobody cares for that stuff, except for a few basement-dwellers that are overall just bad for the community thanks to their unlikeable attitude.
    Yes, instead we'd be left with such charming individuals as yourself.
    Raiders are generally nice people. We have to be, or we wouldn't be able to spend several hours a week in each other's virtual company.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •