Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Last time I remember being really scared of any movie I was probably 10 years old. After that jump scares don't really work and the only thing that might get to me is extreme gore. This girl was 13 years old, was it her first scary movie?
    I have the problem that the music/sound gets me the optic doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    at first i was "not my german brothers nooo"

then i was "lol americans, of course"
    I don't know what it is, and who those people have been in the past. But it's funny how almost every US State has a small nest named Hamburg. Those German migrants sure lacked a lot of fantasy.
    I got one here too in Iowa.. At least we also have a funny one, called Bettendorf.

I also never understood how they call it Hamburger. They eating people?
    Credited with the dish is a migrant from Denmark.... Rival claims pointing towards Hamburg, Germany.. How could that be, when (if at all) such dish from Hamburg would feature fish, and not meat. There's a reason why we call them fish heads... hehe.

So my complaint was really genuine... Should have mentioned either no town name or add the state to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Last time I remember being really scared of any movie I was probably 10 years old. After that jump scares don't really work and the only thing that might get to me is extreme gore. This girl was 13 years old, was it her first scary movie?
    As a kid, I had 2 movies that scared the living shit outta me....

1. Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte
    2. Es geschah am hellichten Tag (It happened in broad daylight). On that one, I mean the original German movie, not any of the 2 remakes of which one is in English.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I'm honestly more offended by the atrocious "journalism" on display by the author of the article than the fact that yet another parent is being overprotective. Yes, the children are special needs, but they still have to learn about this stuff, since they'll inevitably be exposed to it somewhere.

The author, however, has no excuse. Psycho still "chills hardened horror afficionados?" Since when? I know plenty of horror afficionados, and the only chills they get are from excitement over seeing one of the best crafted scenes in horror history. She could also have countered the special needs child's claim that she saw a nude woman getting stabbed, since no such thing is actually shown on screen. All-in-all, very shoddy work on the part of the journalist.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Oh, I thought this was happening in Hamburg, Germany. Then it would have been news as it would be uncommon for something like this to occur. But it happened in the US, so I'm not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater View Post
    I suppose we should all just stick to watching reruns of Barney and Sesame Street.

Not so sure that's a good idea.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    at first i was "not my german brothers nooo"

then i was "lol americans, of course"
    Can't stop laughing.
    But yeah, I also thought this was about Germany. When I noticed it was about America I lost all interest, it's just more of the same stuff.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to add that

My JH prinipal was a real B!@#$ because she try to BANNED obscene book & movies work from Steven King and Eagar Allen Poe and movies that are rated PG / R but the board was mix so they left up to the teacher/principal decision

But in HS is was no problem !

- - - Updated - - -

Off-Topics

And i remember that in michael moore movies " bowing for colombine " when marilyn manson come to colorado they try banned him " serious " by holding protest but is get bizzard after that !

South Carolina & Utah can BANNED him from state-operated venues
    http://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/Maril..._and_criticism
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn...29#Controversy
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2013-10-31 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    ...i grew up watching horror and sci-fi film and tv show...
    Surely that's evidence in favour of the outraged parents' argument.