Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    927
    Monk jab. Hits for nothing its sad

  2. #62
    Banned Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    searing totem, doomguard, snake trap
    Yea, I don't even bother anymore dropping that totem after the 1st one expires on my shaman, unless there's some downtime when the boss is unattackable or something, it's such a waste of a GCD.

  3. #63
    Snake Trap

    It basically hasn't had any damage scaling since BC.

  4. #64
    Doomguard is garbage. It's a completely unrewarding 10 minute CD ability.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    blood strike.

    It's used for all of one level while leveling a death knight.
    I used to main a DK during Cata, and I've always played DK - ever since it was released in WotLK. Up to date, Blood Strike is still my main ability, the one I use the most and maybe the reason I like DK so much. Healing 20% of my HP or so with one hit...

  6. #66
    High Overlord Dezminion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I used to main a DK during Cata, and I've always played DK - ever since it was released in WotLK. Up to date, Blood Strike is still my main ability, the one I use the most and maybe the reason I like DK so much. Healing 20% of my HP or so with one hit...
    Hope you are talking 'bout two different spells there, Blood Strike heals very little

  7. #67
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I used to main a DK during Cata, and I've always played DK - ever since it was released in WotLK. Up to date, Blood Strike is still my main ability, the one I use the most and maybe the reason I like DK so much. Healing 20% of my HP or so with one hit...

    i think you confuscing blood strike death strike, blood strike does not heal you.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Travio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canuckistan
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Monk jab. Hits for nothing its sad
    My 20k jab hits say otherwise! But it's not meant to be a damage dealer anyways; it's meant to be a chi generator, for the most part. Your real DPS comes from other abilities.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    sanc pre 4 set has to be pretty high on this list
    Yeah, I seriously didn't use it til I got the 4pc. Too bad, it was kinda nice on some fights in Cata.

    Holy Nova

    its so bad its now a glyph
    Hey, I miss base holy nova. It was awesome for preventing flag caps.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Monk jab. Hits for nothing its sad
    I completely agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    My 20k jab hits say otherwise! But it's not meant to be a damage dealer anyways; it's meant to be a chi generator, for the most part. Your real DPS comes from other abilities.
    I completely disagree.

    ____________ (tada)

    My problem with Jab is that it doesn't do even 100% weapon damage. That's right. A Monk. A Monk punches you. In the face. But, his occasional strikes of opportunity during combat (autoattacking) do more damage every blow than an intentional, precision (yellow attack) strike.

    Somebody was asleep at the designing session. Make it equivalent to an autoattack and I'm good.
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

  11. #71
    From a pvp perspective i would say Templar`s verdict, in pve, either heroic throw or hammer of the righteous

  12. #72
    Bloodsail Admiral Cassidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Storm, Earth and Fire.

    1. Identify 3 targets.
    2. Tab targets by putting one clone on each
    3. Do your rotation for the appropriate situation
    4. Keep an eye on your clones buff so you notice if still have both out
    5. When one is gone, start looking for another target that doesn't already have a clone on it

    You know what, fuck that shit I'll just aoe with my spinning crane kick.
    Um..... Target one, Storm, Earth and Fire, Target two, Storm, Earth and Fire, Target three.... AOE with THREE spinning crane kicks...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    mindflay or mind blast
    You are kidding right? My mind blast frequently hits for 500k

  13. #73
    Holy Nova probably has to take the cake, the level 90 version of holy nova hits for less than what I remember it doing at level 80.

    Runner up: Earthquake. Been undertuned forever, and has hardly ever been worth casting.

    Third Place: Hurricane. Like... it's really bad.

    Honorable mention: Blizzard, Flamestrike, Starfall (srsly blizz y u nerf starfall so bad?), searing totem for elemental, that stupid death knight execute ability, Bloodthirst, and pretty much all of the "slow, mana efficient heals" like Holy Light, Heal, Healing Wave.

    Many other spells may have crap damage/heals, but have something else that benefits, like HotR gives holy power and threat (and really, if you are a tank, HotR is about threat, not DPS, unless you are pushing heroic progression for DPS, and if that's the case, you probably have vengeance where your HotR is hitting for 20-30x that 20k you posted).

    Most of the really undertuned ones are relic AoE spells that blizzard doesn't seem to want you to use, and for some reason they've kept them in the game for whatever reason.

  14. #74
    id have to vote death here, Death is the most under tuned ability in the game. You die and come right back along with npcs. It's a shame really that death is pointless poor guy.

  15. #75

  16. #76
    Flamestrike is lame. I don't even use it anymore because in most cases it is a dps loss... cooldown, cast time, low dmg! Would be great if it was instant cast even with the cooldown and maybe a bit higher damage!

  17. #77
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Flamestrike is lame. I don't even use it anymore because in most cases it is a dps loss... cooldown, cast time, low dmg! Would be great if it was instant cast even with the cooldown and maybe a bit higher damage!
    They got rid of blastwave/flamestrike talent with mop :/

  18. #78
    Campfire.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

  19. #79
    Holy Nova is really bad. It does abysmal healing, abysmal dps. It works at a tiny range that puts the caster at melee risk. And yeah, it is completely replaced by Mind Sear, a spell so bad that shadowpriests, with their massive shadow spell damage buffs, complain about its DPS a lot. The fact that healing priests still get more mileage out of Mind Sear than Holy Nova really says it all. I like to think that healing priests does not have an AOE attack.

    The only usecases HN has is
    - Unstealth rogues (nerfed away)
    - Prevent flag capping
    - Oneshot snakes from a snake trap

    The fact that this ability actually counters snake trap, and the fact that it is stil lnot worth casting to counter it, makes snake trap win this competition though.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  20. #80
    "Shoot" from a wand.

    I still have no clue why it's still in the game.
    Macphisto, discipline priest | Karuzo, mistweaver monk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •