Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc priest "CD"

Am i the only disc priest that feels our real CDs are no longer that important or necessary on PvE content at least?
    I don't remember any situation in which my pain supression was part of the strat or a CD that i had to pop if the tank needed it.

For power word barrier, a lot of classes have raid wide defensive cds now that it feels weak to have such a small range on PWB, other healers CDs just feel more helpful that ours.

Of course im not saying disc needs a buff at all, it just that i'd to have a cd that could sabe the raid or that could be part of the strat again...

What do you ppl think?

PW:B is pretty essential to my guild's Thok strat.

Otherwise, PS is used when a tank calls for it (ie. they are out of cooldowns), or PS/PW:B are used when I see fit.

Nothing really wrong with this design, because if PW:B isn't "needed", then neither is Tranq or Hymn or Revival (unless spread out). PS is comparable to Iron Bark, Cocoon, and GS.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Disc has probably the best defensive cooldowns in the game. SS, PW:B and PS are all incredible when used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mebiza View Post
    I don't remember any situation in which my pain supression was part of the strat
    Frostbite on H Council is the first thing that comes to mind. As far as external cooldowns go there was nothing better for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because Discs major CD doesn't show on meters, doesn't mean it's not good;P Would love to see some calculations on fights just how much it can absorb in 25m hc's! Besides PW:B SS is not to be neglected. I find this very cool at ST this raid (besides blanketing pre dmg), on tanks or for example Prisons at Shamans and to use on our group soaking Aim at Klaxxi. No other class has anything like this.

What?

Barrier is amazing. The only limitation is its requirement to group up, and many of the rights provide perfect times for that. I mean this isn't firelands when every fight was "when in doubt, just add more Barrier".

Between SS, PS, and PWB we're actually probably running around with 1 too many CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    What?

Barrier is amazing. The only limitation is its requirement to group up, and many of the rights provide perfect times for that. I mean this isn't firelands when every fight was "when in doubt, just add more Barrier".

Between SS, PS, and PWB we're actually probably running around with 1 too many CDs.
    Feels like we should also mention 30% more healing for 18s on a 30s CD. Other healers have to wait 2 or 3 mins ffor that kind of throughput buff.

I'm not sure what type of raiding you do, but PW: Barrier is a huge part of my gameplay. I'm expected to use it on quite a few fights this tier and it's INSANE. Truly, as the author of Healiocentric puts it, (Over)Power(ed) Word: Barrier. It does the most mitigation of any of the damage reduction raid CD's. And not just by a little, by a lot.

And I use Pain Suppression quite often in 25m to keep tanks alive. I use it at least every pull on progression fights, but afterwards generally at least once per fight regardless. A notable mechanic that Pain Sup saves you from is Iron Tomb on Heroic Dark Shamans. It also helps a Tank stay up through a debuff/bleed stacks after a taunt, taking the stress off of your other healers (it's really quite potent).

Spirit Shell, even WITHOUT the 4pc, is still extremely powerful. You can save a whole melee group from a huge portion of damage via SS.

pain sup is a stronger damage reduction than even tank cooldowns. idk, if you're just doing regs or something and incoming damage isn't an issue then yeah it might seem irrelevant, but in a lot of hardmodes a painsup is ~6-10 mil mitigated damage plus making vengeance easier to use. barrier is incredibly good both as a stacked raid cooldown, but save that it can also be used as a tank/melee cooldown with relative ease.

Immersius Corrosive Blasts.
    Inferno Strikes and High Stacks of He's Desperate Measures.
    AoE on Norushen.
    100 Energy ability on Sha.
    AoE Fireball on Galakras.
    Flame Vents, Soaking mines, and Knockback ability on Iron Juggernaut.
    High Stacks of frost debuff and the meteor on Dark Shamans.
    The % HP nuke and executes on Nazgrim.
    Both soak strats for Malkorok.
    The big mogu nuke on spoils.
    Acceleration on Thok.
    Stacking lighting debuff thing on Blackfuse.
    Aim, Scorpion, Whirlwind, Gauge, Cleave and w/e else on Paragons.
    Tank damage, Iron stars, whirls, and the other realm aoe on Garrosh.
    Seems to me like there are plenty of places PS and PW:B work.

I agree that sometimes its irritating on certain fights you cant really stack up to use PW:B to its fullest, but on the flip side on fights where you can stack tight for the massive damage phases (Thok, Sha, Malkorok at least) it's pretty godly. As far as PS goes its just as useful, in most cases I believe better, than GS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be out of your damn mind if you think discs CDs are just mediocre.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    You must be out of your damn mind if you think discs CDs are just mediocre.
    I´m sorry but i never said that, im a disc, and i consider myself a pretty good healer, i just feel those two CDs are not as important and no one calls for them, most times i just them when i feel they can fit in :P

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Feels like we should also mention 30% more healing for 18s on a 30s CD. Other healers have to wait 2 or 3 mins ffor that kind of throughput buff.
    It's more like 12s of ~25% less healing out of every 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Important to note, however, that it does cost us mana by making our Atonement spells cost more. It also reduces the damage of those spells. So it has its own drawbacks.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mebiza View Post
    I´m sorry but i never said that, im a disc, and i consider myself a pretty good healer, i just feel those two CDs are not as important and no one calls for them, most times i just them when i feel they can fit in :P
    Well -- then you're either not doing heroics, or your raid leader is a moron.

Made by Elyaan

Pain Supp is great, the issue is single target vs. aoe healing I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Would love to see some calculations on fights just how much it can absorb in 25m hc's!
    http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...owns-overview/

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this link! And wow... Just look at the PW:B's potential here. I honestly knew it could easily beat any Tranq or Hymn when used to the fullest, but that is by a lot. And honestly; those dps CD's are amazing to... That Banner. Gosh. Those Feral Tranqs potential;OThe dps'ers CD's are way too powerful.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this compilation, been wanting to see this for so long
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-11-01 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Thanks for this link! And wow... Just look at the PW:B's potential here. I honestly knew it could easily beat any Tranq or Hymn when used to the fullest, but that is by a lot. And honestly; those dps CD's are amazing to... That Banner. Gosh. Those Feral Tranqs potential;OThe dps'ers CD's are way too powerful.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this compilation, been wanting to see this for so long
    Those PW:B numbers are rather inflated. It's more often used when the raid is spread on Thok, which means that the actual numbers are around 40-50% of what's shown.

Inflated is not the correct term.

The numbers are for a theoretical perfect application. The purpose was comparison, and since the author compared all CD's against their theoretical perfect uses, the comparison is valid.

"Idealistic" would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Inflated is not the correct term.

The numbers are for a theoretical perfect application. The purpose was comparison, and since the author compared all CD's against their theoretical perfect uses, the comparison is valid.

"Idealistic" would be better.
    Semantics aside, those numbers are still far too high even under ideal situations. Each Screech certainly doesn't do that much per player. Also, the scenario assumes a fully stacked raid under PW:B for 10 seconds. If a raid able to keep him from transitioning for those 10 seconds, then that raid has some amazing healers (or lots of Divine Stars, mmm).