Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I guarantee blizzard is creating this function for the next expansion.
    It's a possibility. All new MMOs that I have played have a party lookup system just like oqueue. Though wow is ancient so it might be hard to implement it. Perhaps in WOW 2.

    My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!


  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It's a possibility. All new MMOs that I have played have a party lookup system just like oqueue. Though wow is ancient so it might be hard to implement it. Perhaps in WOW 2.

    should be doable, all the tech is there jsut not together. we had queue system simmilar to that in wotlk, a little different but similar, and we got the cross realm tech. i hope blizzard does make their own one next expansion, oqueue is awesome
    Too cool for a signature

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    It will in due time it will end up like Gearscore did & they will implement their own system.
    It's funny because they already have a system like this in place but its absolute garbage.

    Go to the RAID tab and go to "Other Raids". You then get a list of all raids currently in the game including RBGs. But no one ever uses it. It's been in the game for as long as I can remember and even back in wrath, people actually used it until blizz removed it for a revamp. They then introduced dungeon finder (which reintroduced the new LFR (just not in the form we know it today))and it became irrelevant and people didnt even know the original LFR (Looking for raid channel) came back.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I highly doubt that. Considering that LFR and the Raid / Dungeon finder IS their current system, and they have specifically said that they would never do an oQueue style matchmakeing lobby because they dont want to promote the enforcement of exclusivitity (in LFR, anyone who qualifies for the iLevel cutoff gets in. In oQueue, the person makeing the group can be as exclusive as he wants).

    I mean, hell, they do have that "looking for raid / dungeon" thing that was implimented sometime back in wrath (i think) that literally no one ever uses (mainly because it is garbage).

    Honestly, the only thing Blizzard really needs to do is get off their ass and impliment a cross-realm addon data channel. 99% of the "problems" with oQueue basicly stem from the fact that it HAS to use Battle.tags to communicate with other realms because there is currently no other way for an addon to pass information from realm to realm.
    Where did they specifically say that?
    I really doubt this is true since when you look at how players are eating up Flex and oQueue/OpenRaid helps them a lot to do so... I do remember them saying they would like to have a better LFG tool than they have now. Well...this is basically it.

    I also don't understand why people make such a problem out of other people asking for certain requirements. Like there are no other groups or they have no access to making their own group with their own requirements. (There was someone asking me to join his flex raid. He was wearing 5 blue items and 4 of them were pvp items. No requirements at all!)
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-10-31 at 01:11 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    It's funny because they already have a system like this in place but its absolute garbage.

    Go to the RAID tab and go to "Other Raids". You then get a list of all raids currently in the game including RBGs. But no one ever uses it. It's been in the game for as long as I can remember and even back in wrath, people actually used it until blizz removed it for a revamp. They then introduced dungeon finder (which reintroduced the new LFR (just not in the form we know it today))and it became irrelevant and people didnt even know the original LFR (Looking for raid channel) came back.

    because that system is only on your server, its not cross server enabled.
    Too cool for a signature

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    because that system is only on your server, its not cross server enabled.
    But the time it was implemented, that wasnt really a thing aside from dungeons. It could easily be coded to work cross realm.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    If they ban oQueue, it will be the biggest way they've shot themselves in the foot since the old world revamp.
    Yeah, because a world full of outdated, scarce quests with little to no contingency between zones was clearly a better alternative.
    /s

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    But the time it was implemented, that wasnt really a thing aside from dungeons. It could easily be coded to work cross realm.
    It was actually implemented BEFORE Wrath and the introduction of crossrealm dungeons. And on at least one server I played on, it worked wonderfully.

    Crossrealm dungeons stopped its use because for whatever numb reason, Blizzard thought that listing yourself in a non-queue and queueing an hour for a dungeon somehow contradicted each other.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'd find that a strange reason as blue posters have recommended it to people on the official wow forums on more than 1 occasion recently. Think it's also been recommended by Devs on twitter too.
    THIS...I have seen it as well Blizzard employees specifically saying to use Oqueue. WTH

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also I know you cant get it on curse anymore but Oqueue still works in game. This really sucks if they ban it because instead of it taking days for me to find a group for say Ordos...I can log in and be ready too kill in 5 minutes. Talk about convenience. If they remove it they need to imediately roll out a bliz made function that has has the same if not better functionality.

  10. #70
    Can you still update it from oques website?

  11. #71
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    Can you still update it from oques website?
    You can, but for people like me I can't be assed to go to his website to update it.

    I'll keep it until it's broken from a patch and then get rid of it.

  12. #72
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    I think they didn't know about the donation button.
    From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1021053914
    On that note, I quote:
    3) Add-ons must not negatively impact World of Warcraft realms or other players.
    Add-ons will perform no function which, in Blizzard Entertainment's sole discretion, negatively impacts the performance of the World of Warcraft realms or otherwise negatively affects the game for other players. For example, this includes but is not limited to excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, and slow frame rates.
    For Christs sake ban that stupid RareCoordinator already..
    That addon is a pest.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  13. #73
    Curse removed it due to the donate button. Anything else is a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

    Regarding the banlist, perhaps it could store a hash of the battletags rather than the names themselves, so those people aren't exposed to harassment, etc?

  14. #74
    OQueue is an amazing add-on. I doubt it will say off the site or too long. They will probably work something out. It's just becoming too mainstream like Gearscore was. If people can't get it anymore then it's going to cause some backlash.

  15. #75
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    OQueue is an amazing add-on. I doubt it will say off the site or too long. They will probably work something out. It's just becoming too mainstream like Gearscore was. If people can't get it anymore then it's going to cause some backlash.

    I'ts been removed from curse for a few weeks now. This is the first thread about it.......



    Thats some backlash I tell you....

  16. #76
    This is not the first thread. It's the third I've seen on mmo-c alone.

  17. #77
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is not the first thread. It's the third I've seen on mmo-c alone.

    Links please.

  18. #78
    Nah, do your own search.

  19. #79
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Nah, do your own search.

    I did and didn't find anything. Which means you are wrong. Care to prove me wrong?

  20. #80
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I did and didn't find anything. Which means you are wrong. Care to prove me wrong?
    I can confirm there were several threads about the topic, some must have been locked/removed in the meantime because the discussion got quite heated at times.
    I Hate You All alone started at least one major thread just about the perceived policy violations of the Addon and how the author is a d-bag somehow. The discussion was about the removal of the Addon from Curse for the most part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •