Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573

    Tired of Overly-Healthy-Nazgrim

    It's lovely that they nerfed the packs of adds in LFR that required 15 sec too long to kill, but the DPS available to a typical LFR group is still basically never enough to take Nazgrim down without 1-2+ stacks of determination.

    I'm freaking tired of zoning into the instance on the last boss and when I should think "yay, quick 15 min valor!" it's a 48 minute clusterfuckfest.

    Just lop 100M health off the dude already and be done with it. What is the fucking point, seriously, Blizzard? The groups don't have the DPS. I don't know why. But they don't.

    No amount of setting the bar higher is going to raise the floor higher.

  2. #2
    Ok here is a better idea? as soon as you go into LFR the bosses are dead and all you need to do is run around and loot the bodies??? And as to not been able to down in LFR, Avoid doing LFR get a group of 10-25 people and run flex. that way you know that they are able to handle his HP
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,166
    Given how borderline brain dead the majority of the lfr playerbase is I wouldn't be opposed to this

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Ok here is a better idea? as soon as you go into LFR the bosses are dead and all you need to do is run around and loot the bodies??? And as to not been able to down in LFR, Avoid doing LFR get a group of 10-25 people and run flex. that way you know that they are able to handle his HP
    Don't be a twat.

    As a healer I can't significantly influence the DPS that 24 other people are doing.

    The only thing I get from running on flex is having to put up with a 3rd party web site and a bunch of elitist pricks.

    I just want LFR to work how it is supposed to work.

    But thanks for your nonconstructive, braindead reply.

    Infracted; Don't attack other posters.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-10-31 at 06:00 AM.

  5. #5
    Sometimes you get groups that do terrible DPS and hit enrage. That's just the way the dice roll.

    I've only hit enrage on him once I think, and it was mostly because people died to adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Don't be a twat.

    As a healer I can't significantly influence the DPS that 24 other people are doing.

    The only thing I get from running on flex is having to put up with a 3rd party web site and a bunch of elitist pricks.

    I just want LFR to work how it is supposed to work.

    But thanks for your nonconstructive, braindead reply.
    Well lets see.. You have a choice of brain dead idiots who couldnt dps to save their own life. OR you can choose to have elitiest pigs who will down the boss and prob tell you how to play your class?... Hmmm what choice would you pick? People who ARE going to down it. OR people who ARENT going to down it.

    The biggest problem i have found with Nazgrim is that people dont attack the adds. Now if they dont kill the Shaman. He will heal Nazgrim... and you can guess what happens there. That is where your DPS problem is.
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  7. #7
    Great way of starting off a thread by calling people names, and Nazgrim has already been nerfed in lfr so I dunno what you're on about.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    Well lets see.. You have a choice of brain dead idiots who couldnt dps to save their own life. OR you can choose to have elitiest pigs who will down the boss and prob tell you how to play your class?... Hmmm what choice would you pick? People who ARE going to down it. OR people who ARENT going to down it.

    The biggest problem i have found with Nazgrim is that people dont attack the adds. Now if they dont kill the Shaman. He will heal Nazgrim... and you can guess what happens there. That is where your DPS problem is.
    So then blizzard should nerf Shamman healing in LFR

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    So then blizzard should nerf Shamman healing in LFR
    Idk. i think its fine where it is. It doesnt take much to take charge and lead the group...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  10. #10
    Leave the Shamans as they are, maybe try and "buff" the LFR-audiences brains a little by implementing some built-in DBM-equivalent?

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Great way of starting off a thread by calling people names, and Nazgrim has already been nerfed in lfr so I dunno what you're on about.
    The reason people wipe, Nazgrim's health, hasn't been nerfed on LFR.

    It's not actually excessive, except that the strategy meme is to "DPS OFF BOSS" during defensive phase, which is stupid because of how thoroughly nerfed defensive phase is in LFR, and this stupid behavior is reinforced by DBM. The math is that if you stay off Nazgrim during defensive phase with the typical DPS available to a LFR group, he will not die or even get close to death on the first pull.

    However, the (incorrect) strategy meme is set in concrete, and the boss needs less health. If you follow the strategy meme with a typical group, ONE MONTH after the wing opened, you CANNOT kill the boss on the first pull.

    Encounter is broken.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    The biggest problem i have found with Nazgrim is that people dont attack the adds. Now if they dont kill the Shaman. He will heal Nazgrim... and you can guess what happens there. That is where your DPS problem is.
    That's not at all where the problem is when the group wipes at 20-30% and a shaman hasn't even got past the middle of the room.

    But I do appreciate the creative insight of people, like you, who haven't ever done this encounter in LFR.

  12. #12
    and Normie.. Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups... Why would you assume that i haven't done LFR this teir? And you must be one unlucky person... My groups i get are good
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

    General George S Patton

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Don't be a twat.

    As a healer I can't significantly influence the DPS that 24 other people are doing.

    The only thing I get from running on flex is having to put up with a 3rd party web site and a bunch of elitist pricks.

    I just want LFR to work how it is supposed to work.

    But thanks for your nonconstructive, braindead reply.

    Infracted; Don't attack other posters.


    Don't be ridiculous then, LFR is so easy now a days its retarded. Your complaining about what 3-4 wipes. My guilds wipes all the time on heroics fights. How much easier do you wants this game? I am sick of people demanding epics for nothing else besides hitting level 90

  14. #14
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Encounter is broken.
    No, a lot of people are just bad. It's perfectly doable without any Determination stacks if you get an okay LFR group. Stopping DPS on defensive stance seems to be the right way to do it, so don't complain that people want to do it right rather than just ignoring mechanics. Doing it right is the only way they'll ever get better.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    But thanks for your nonconstructive, braindead reply.

    Infracted; Don't attack other posters.
    Maybe other posters shouldn't be nonconstructive trolls.

  16. #16
    I've rarely wipe on Nagrim.. And when I have it hasn't been more than once... Even when dps insist on attacking through defensive stance....

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    No, a lot of people are just bad. It's perfectly doable without any Determination stacks if you get an okay LFR group. Stopping DPS on defensive stance seems to be the right way to do it, so don't complain that people want to do it right rather than just ignoring mechanics. Doing it right is the only way they'll ever get better.
    You don't seem to grasp that LFR encounters can't be designed for "okay" groups. They need to be designed for "typical" groups.

  18. #18
    The biggest problem in LFR groups on nazgrim is that people are STILL asking others to stop DPS during defensive. It's -1 rage- per attack and can't happen more than once every second and his cooldown between using abilities is 15 seconds - do the math (Not to mention there's someone always attacking anyway so he's getting the rage regardless). As long as you don't mess up tank swaps you will NEVER get ravagers. Just keep attacking during defensive and you will never wipe to enrage regardless of how bad the DPS is.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    The biggest problem in LFR groups on nazgrim is that people are STILL asking others to stop DPS during defensive. It's -1 rage- per attack and can't happen more than once every second and his cooldown between using abilities is 15 seconds - do the math (Not to mention there's someone always attacking anyway so he's getting the rage regardless). As long as you don't mess up tank swaps you will NEVER get ravagers. Just keep attacking during defensive and you will never wipe to enrage regardless of how bad the DPS is.
    That is correct. By and large whenever I see a ravager, it is because a tank got to 5, or 9, or whatever stacks.

    There's almost always someone attacking during defensive stance, and basically 1 person is the same as 20. So everyone might as well do it. And, as you point out, the consequences are minor. They were minor BEFORE the nerf.

    So, as you also point out, the problem is that the strategy meme is that the group shouldn't DPS Nazgrim during defensive stance. You are correct; it's the wrong thing to do, and a group with typical DPS will always fail if it follows the "correct" strategy on its first pull. The problem is that that strategy has been in place for a month and despite the nerf that (should have) made it obvious that defensive stance was harmless in LFR, the guaranteed-failure strategy continues to be "the" strategy.

    I don't know how Blizzard can fight this virus that has infected the population in LFR other than starting the boss at 75%. So that's what should be done.

  20. #20
    Moderator Azshira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,920
    They already have tackled his health by 10% in the past. They just finished around of HP nerfs on other bosses there. LFR is at its most demanding in my opinion now so than ever. However, you do meet some really good groups who do listen and can do their role effectively. I do find these generally on the same day of reset though.
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •