Deleted

Hemo Sub PvE - worth it?

So I wonder is it worth trying go Subtlety with slow weapons.
    At this moment I own Protector's fist heroic and Juggernaut mace from normal.

Not that I don't like Killing Sprees every 30-40 seconds but I really wonder will Hemo go harder on single target fights like Juggernaut HC or even Malkorok/Nazgrim.

Deleted
    Theoretically no, it's not worth swapping to Hemo from your current build (assuming my Shadowcraft optimization isn't terrible). I also doubt that switching to Backstab will be even a noticeable difference unless your kill time favors Subtlety significantly.

My advice would be stick with what your doing right now, particularly if you're referring to Malkorok & Nazgrim HC which can have decent cleave potential. That, and it will also save you a lot of effort reforging and gemming several times a week.
    Last edited by mmoc577502f578; 2013-12-08 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for your insight flimflop

Hemo is a bit slow and other specs would give off more dps than the time it would take for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some checking a while ago for a "general" checkup on the loss of using a 2.6 hemo build in place of Backstab; the loss was high enough to be a "no" for any serious progression, but if you're fooling around, it wasn't 20%+ (if you want to hunt through some of my old posts this was... a couple of weeks ago? A month maybe? iirc it was in the 9% area).

So to answer your question, for heroics, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    So I wonder is it worth trying go Subtlety with slow weapons.
    At this moment I own Protector's fist heroic and Juggernaut mace from normal.

Not that I don't like Killing Sprees every 30-40 seconds but I really wonder will Hemo go harder on single target fights like Juggernaut HC or even Malkorok/Nazgrim.
    Most info so far says no. But I would be interested to see what a mastery gemmed/reforged sub spec with slow weaps could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a sub profile in Shadowcraft. Change combo builder to hemo. Change mainhand (and off, based on your post) to 2.6 weapons. Go to custom stat weights and set mastery above the rest, then reforge with custom weights.

Read results, feel silly.

Nevermind that going with a slow weapon hemo build means you get no benefit from T16 4-set, and that's pretty significant.