Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Finally raided again with the rogue - Thok, Siegecrafter, Klaxxi and some Garrosh tries - i think next week if we raid enough we can finally tackle him down.

Here is the log.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

when i looked though your logs i noticed that your ambush dmg is realy behind, so on thok for example you have 18 ambushes whil you have 5 dances and 4 vanishes ...
    Normaly you get 3-4 ambushes from a dance and 2 ambushes from a Vanish... worst case you should have atleast 21 Ambushes in that kill, i cant seem to find your mistake but thats something you should look into.

Not always true - delaying SD for a full energy bar often results in less total damage on the long run; well, at least from my tries. Will look at that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Oh no no, now I see where the disconnect is. What I'm saying is to refresh it early IF you're current SnD doesn't have enough duration to carry you through FW uptime. So say you have 3 seconds left before vanish comes off of CD, you have 9 seconds left on SnD and you're sitting at 3 CP's. It's better to pool some energy, refresh SnD early (with probably 4 CP's now from HaT) and then vanish. The other way you can do it is to delay vanish, but if you delay vanish too many times during a fight, you're going to end up losing a vanish.
    I don't think you're getting his point. What if instead of using those 4cp before you enter FW so that you can use them during FW you do a 1cp SnD during your FW to keep it up or something like that. Thats an extra 3cp you have for evis during FW, now granted it costs you energy during FW, but not even enough energy for a single extra cp.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not always true - delaying SD for a full energy bar often results in less total damage on the long run; well, at least from my tries. Will look at that anyway.
    True thats why 21 ambushes would have been with 3 ambushes per SD witch you can do if you pop SD with 0 energy (and not even cp cap) + 1 ambush per Vanish.

btw. i found this fix for your logs, http://www.mediafire.com/download/l6...imv/WOLFix.exe just run it through and reexport you will have your melee swings back!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think you're getting his point. What if instead of using those 4cp before you enter FW so that you can use them during FW you do a 1cp SnD during your FW to keep it up or something like that. Thats an extra 3cp you have for evis during FW, now granted it costs you energy during FW, but not even enough energy for a single extra cp.
    I get the point, refreshing SnD early means you're using combo points on a SND that could have been saved and used during FW. However, I find it to be more energy and combo point effiecient to refresh early and use every bit of energy and cp generation during FW towards evicerates. Yes there will be some wasted CP's by refreshing early, but I have at least seven CP's after a vanish ambush spam so its better, IMO, to move that SND out of the FW window.

About the WoL issue.
    They have solved the problem. They did a retroactiv So you can read the previous, it includes melee attacks.

That's reeeeeaaaally nice Thok performance is way better than expected, being second due to downtime. I literally opened like a tin can Blackfuse XD

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I get the point, refreshing SnD early means you're using combo points on a SND that could have been saved and used during FW. However, I find it to be more energy and combo point effiecient to refresh early and use every bit of energy and cp generation during FW towards evicerates. Yes there will be some wasted CP's by refreshing early, but I have at least seven CP's after a vanish ambush spam so its better, IMO, to move that SND out of the FW window.
    Why exactly? Go back and look at your example and how I told you that it can be better done by moving SnD into the FW period. Please point out how your way is at all an improvement. My way definitely moved more special damage into FW than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Why exactly? Go back and look at your example and how I told you that it can be better done by moving SnD into the FW period. Please point out how your way is at all an improvement. My way definitely moved more special damage into FW than yours.
    Because your extra 3 CP are normally wasted unless you go ambush, evis, ambush after your vanish. If done correctly both methods will produce the same amount of eviserates during FW, but refeshing early means you get an extra ambush and doesn't waste any globals on non-damaging abilities.

Deleted
    That's reeeeeaaaally nice Thok performance is way better than expected, being second due to downtime. I literally opened like a tin can Blackfuse XD
    You'd have beaten your pesky mage if you'd gone Shuriken Toss or Burst of Speed (couldn't see the Shuriken in your logs) on Thok.

Upload it to Warcraftlogs Coldkil, it's what I've been toying with since WoL went derpy with melee hits. It works well and is quite easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnarius View Post
    You'd have beaten your pesky mage if you'd gone Shuriken Toss or Burst of Speed (couldn't see the Shuriken in your logs) on Thok.
    I know, will definitely use them next time, if they let me stay on boss and ignore the add.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Upload it to Warcraftlogs Coldkil, it's what I've been toying with since WoL went derpy with melee hits. It works well and is quite easy to use.
    They fixed the melee hit issue - now the reports are correctly including them.

They fixed the melee hit issue - now the reports are correctly including them.
    Oh right... So they are. Well I guess it's back to WoL... Goodbye pretty Warcraftlogs graphs. :'(

I know, will definitely use them next time, if they let me stay on boss and ignore the add.
    If you can stay on boss then shuriken toss is quite unnecessary, just go burst of speed regardless, as shadowstep kills you on this boss(totally dint do that tehehee ) .
    Here is my log for the boss,I was tunneling him 24/7 as the dps on jailor was more than enough.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3954&e=4241
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

Nice damage last time the other rogue was assigned to add, but he got targeted by thok, i needed to switch, and obviously thok started to think a panda was a suitable snack more than one time

Added yesterday's log to main post and here.

Some wipes due to deconcentration especially on nazgrim which could been easily avoided; our first try at shamans ended mid-fight due to them disappear and reset without no appearent reason XD

EDIT: Malkorok seems a good single-target fight, but it's much "harder" than IJ - more on the level of shamans. A lot of tank and boss movement which leads to constantly run behind the boss to BS; getting in the void zones can result in dps loss (depending on the place they spawn); phases in which you must stay on front of the boss and rely on Hemo. Combat would pull much better numbers here imho - for sure it wouldn't be so messy to play.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-11-07 at 08:04 AM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1hyzay6r5n3rs1ut/

For comparative purposes.

I am a semi-raid leader and I find it detracts more when I'm sub than when I'm combat.

I only played sub on Norushen, IJ and Thok.

I have to get in the melee circles on Malkorok so always being behind the boss is a tad hard - also have to stack for blood rage. I perform better as Combat on the fight I think.

For Malkorok you can ask your tank to always turn the boss the same way between breaths. It will be much easier to be behind the boss.
    Moreover use the CoS during breath allows you to attack from behind even if you're not in the safe zone.
    In Heroic it won't be the same, however. Play sub if you don't have to get the voids.

@coldkill, played sub on shamans hc this week, really challenging to play in midst of all that chaos, but it was great fun to keep the rotation going while keeping track of all the crap that was being thrown at melee. We executed the split boss tac with 3 tank while that reduced difficulty considderably had we done it both of them in same area, but a fun fight nonetheless.
    Far from perfect execution , could have got in couple more shadowdances, screwed out of some of dances with tank moving(rather sprinting away) to avoid the crap.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g2ibv7kce1roof4x/
    No rank on iron jugg tho, as we use the stand away from boss and twiddle your thumbs tactic for Phase 2 .
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced