Page 80 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest4 View Post
    Garrosh is just Grom 2.0 with the Sha/Old God possessing/corrupting him instead of the Burning Legion, minus the redemption at the end (which still may come for Garrosh, who knows). It would be incredibly stupid of Blizzard to have another bloodthirsty/possessed Hellscream orc as the final villain for 2 expansions in a row. Especially with Alliance players already feeling neglected. People don't want to face basically the same final villain twice in a row.
    Unless a bit of speculation is correct and we're sent to repair a changed timeline where Grom was warned about the Legion, kicked both Ner'zhul and Gul'dan in the goolies and decided to form his own Horde, one that stood against the Legion when it arrived on Draenor.

Because this would inevitably spell doom for Azeroth, we're sent back to do... highly unethical stuff supposedly for the greater good. Make the orcs drink the demon blood. Make sure they invade Azeroth.

As for how it could start, it could be that the pre-expansion event features a Legion invasion that's at least partially successful, so Wrathion and his associates take matters into their own hands and bust Garrosh free (he does still hate the demons and all). I've speculated before that Kairoz made sure Garrosh survived the siege of Orgrimmar for whatever purpose (he and Wrathion could very well be allies). Perhaps when Garrosh is told that, he secretly finds a way to manipulate the Vision of Time and returns to the past where he warns Grom, explaining to him what would happen to their people if he listens to Ner'zhul.

We might be sent after him by a disgruntled Wrathion who feels his trust was betrayed and a great weapon taken from him. Another option is that both the timelines begin to merge together and it's not exactly in our best interests to keep it that way. In either case, we'd better take care of the mess if we want to return to our own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    As for how it could start, it could be that the pre-expansion event features a Legion invasion that's at least partially successful, so Wrathion and his associates take matters into their own hands and bust Garrosh free (he does still hate the demons and all). I've speculated before that Kairoz made sure Garrosh survived the siege of Orgrimmar for whatever purpose (he and Wrathion could very well be allies). Perhaps when Garrosh is told that, he secretly finds a way to manipulate the Vision of Time and returns to the past where he warns Grom, explaining to him what would happen to their people if he listens to Ner'zhul.
    I think you're right about Kairoz and Wrathion, as Kosak has been hinting at a partnership between them. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/393787250447630336

It would be interesting to see Varian's take on things if this is the expansion theme, because he was a kid when Stormwind was sacked and everything burned around him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling this now, I believe the Tinker could be the next class added. This is coming from someone who would actually prefer the Demon Hunter next (or anything else for that matter) but considering our expansion is most likely Time based it would make sense to have a tech class added. Ghostcrawlers tweets about the Tinker from the summer and how Blizzard deliberately called Blink 182 a "punk trio" left me wondering that maybe we're getting a steam punk type of class added. Someone commented on that Blink announcement thread saying the same thing. It's a little too odd. Maybe i'm just reading in too much.

Here's a link to an interesting thread that kinda supports the idea.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post23208720
    Last edited by Bloodbaff; 2013-11-02 at 07:11 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is going to leave nothing to chance next time, so maybe he's the start of the Infinite Dragonflight? Goes back in time to make sure that Azeroth will be ready for the invasion of the Legion.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    Wrathion is going to leave nothing to chance next time, so maybe he's the start of the Infinite Dragonflight? Goes back in time to make sure that Azeroth will be ready for the invasion of the Legion.
    Ah nope. Nozdormu has already said point blank that he starts the Infinites.

And that we kill him during End Time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    plot twist

we help grom redeem himself

the lore is saved!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sthings View Post
    plot twist

we help grom redeem himself

the lore is saved!
    That sounds like a 5-man, not a 2-year expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That sounds like a 5-man, not a 2-year expansion.
    And there's the crux of the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    And there's the crux of the matter.
    Indeed Mr. FancyCat.

Wraithion will not end up as a killable villain. He is one of the only good anti-heros wow has. He might end up making our situation against the legion worse through his efforts in order to protect azeroth however.
    Chronomancer Club

Despite its flaws, Blizzard has always been able to take a so-so idea and make it great. For instance, people hated the thoughts of Panda's but it proved to be quite decent.

A time travel type expansion may not appeal to 100% of the population, but I highly doing they're going to make it as shitty as many of the propositions I see in this thread.

For someone like me though, who pays too little attention to the lore (I probably should pay more attention), it's the features that matter to me. If it's about time travel and ponies are a new class, it would make no difference as long as the features and content are meaningful. Hell, I wouldn't care if the last boss was a pony as long as the fight is engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Gospels View Post
    His name is German for secret so are you saying he's French who messed up his English and chose a German name after he overheard a conversation and then was stupid enough to name the people that he worked with? Or was it just MMO champ
    Why would MMO champ release the names of these employees only to edit them out later? -_- You're one of those "OMG ILLUMINATI!!!" folks, aren't you?
    If it seriously was a plant by this website then the names WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INCLUDED AT ALL.

I'm away from home so missed the release of this news. Checked in today on a break and BAM this.

I'm really sad I missed all the backtracking by people who believed this guy was wrong on every point.

I see so much negativity, but I would just like to say once more... at least its not pandas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That makes absolutely no logical sense.
    #1.*Rumor*
    #2. I will quit if the rumor is true.
    #3. So I choose not to believe the rumor.

And honestly I started out in the "OMG I'LL QUIT IF IT'S TIME TRAVEL" camp, but then I realized how stupid that is, so I took my head out of my ass and started pondering what such a storyline could mean, and I actually came up with some pretty cool ideas. So I'm keeping an open mind that some of those ideas will at least be reality. And the fact is I've always wanted to see pre-kaboom outlands in World of Warcraft style, and this might just be that chance.

I'd suggest you go into Blizzcon with an open mind, because I really doubt Metzen is so far off his rocker that he's going to give us CATACLYSM OUTLAND EDITION as an entire xpac.
    I'm willing to keep an open mind but my default stance at this point is planning not to play next expansion. If they wow me enough I'll change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    I see so much negativity, but I would just like to say once more... at least its not pandas!
    Never minded Pandas, enver will. And if you stayed away from MoP because of them, you're poorer for it.

If we do go back in time, I want to witness some major events. If we don't get to see the Titans and Old gods going at it, then I'll be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by kolston View Post
    If we do go back in time, I want to witness some major events. If we don't get to see the Titans and Old gods going at it, then I'll be pissed.
    Uhm... you do realize if this leak is legit we are not going back in time nearly far enough to watch this happen... right? Plus we aren't even staying on Azeroth... The old gods and the titans fought way before WCI even happened... way before the war of the ancients and that was 10k years before World of Warcraft. We're going back probably 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Uhm... you do realize if this leak is legit we are not going back in time nearly far enough to watch this happen... right? Plus we aren't even staying on Azeroth... The old gods and the titans fought way before WCI even happened... way before the war of the ancients and that was 10k years before World of Warcraft. We're going back probably 30.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, it's a pipe dream, nothing more, but it would be awesome. I'm not sure what reason we'd ever have to go back that far, but actually getting to interact with the titans would be cool, even if it's in the past.

I tend to agree that some of this doesn't make much sense for WoW. But I think if Boub is confident that it is actually Blizzard copyrighting WoD, then we can be pretty confident they did.

So what does that leave us with? I think it'd be pretty awesome if Metzen comes out on stage and is like, "HAI GUYS, U HEAR ABOUT WARLODS OF DRAENOR? U THINK ITS WOW? NOPE!" And then the room goes dark and he says something super Metzen-level dramatic, like "Blizzard entertainment is proud to announce....a game 11 years in the making...a return to the roots of the Blizzard games....I present to you, WARCRAFT IV: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR." Epic trailer ensures, rioting nerds burn down L.A./go comatose from all the nerdgasms.

I'm picturing it, man, I'm picturing it.

/conspiracyrant

Then, there doesn't need to be time travel in WoD at all. It's just a game which takes place between WC3 and WoW, which is at least some years, and can follow Turyalon and Alleria. DONE AND DONE.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-11-03 at 01:17 AM.