Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Your post is confirmed for

I mean really, what legal claim exists on the name Grom when Blizz has used it since when.... the 90s?
    Rofl

also: http://www.grom.it/eng/index.php
    Grom is an actual family name in Italy
    Last edited by mmoc65ba707d63; 2013-11-02 at 03:19 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Rofl what, i have yet to see proof.

Hell, ive made the leak about the legion just by fixing grom to Garrosh and time travel to timewalking
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Its been trademarked, he was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowofze View Post
    Its been trademarked, he was right.
    Are you on drugs? The website has been around a month, it was posted on these forums a month ago!

And SoL actually nailed the name before it was trademarked.

Actually time travel makes sense...hear me out.

Blizzard has stated they want leveling to be more exciting and focused, and Caverns of Time overall was very successful. Also people are bored of the same old humdrum, not to mention that MoP was generally considered successful regarding storytelling (I am talking method not content).

So what if Chromie becomes our new "Cho" and "Chen" and leads us through 5 new leveling areas. Instead of simply being "new" lands, they are actually pockets of corrupted time. The content is focused on KEEPING our timelines intact, so no massive Lore retcons, but at the same time Blizzard can do some VERY different things for us the players. They can also make the single player leveling experience EPIC because there is no lasting impact beyond restoring the the baseline.

They could REALLY do some things that would sate players desires, and this was explored to some extent during the Thrall book.

Here are some examples of things that could be done (note just made up by me, think quantum leap with players being dropped into the middle of big events)...

- The player arrives during the somber crowning of King Arthas of Lordaeron, after his beloved father was killed by the traitor Jaina Proudmoore. Arthas is grief stricken over the loss of his father and that of his love, Jaina. You are part of a contingent sent by King Arthas, led by Uther the Lightbringer, to hunt down Jaina and bring her to justice. Jaina's general storyline follows that we are familiar with regarding the fall of Arthas, but Sylvanas joins the players group tracking down Jaina, and Calia takes her place as the Banshee Queen of Dalaran.

After following Jaina to Northrend (on a fleet commanded by Jaina's father!) the players witness the crowning of the new lich queen, and return to King Arthas in defeat. Privately the players are sought out by King Arthas, who has been convinced by the new court archmage/advisor Krasus that something is amiss...and you tell Arthas what is supposed to happen. Arthas then accompanies the players back during a harrowing trip back to Icecrown, and with him and others the players engage the Lich Queen. Sylvanas and Uther are killed, Krasus reveals himself as a red dragon, etc etc...but in the end Jaina is disabled. Arthas, understanding the eternal torment that comes with sitting on the frozen throne, takes Jaina's place, not wanting his love to suffer. Arthas, the noble paladin king, accepts his fate as the Lich King and the proper timeline is restored.

More to come, have to switch PC's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post

Blizzard has stated they want leveling to be more exciting and focused, and Caverns of Time overall was very successful. Also people are bored of the same old humdrum, not to mention that MoP was generally considered successful regarding storytelling (I am talking method not content).

So what if Chromie becomes our new "Cho" and "Chen" and leads us through 5 new leveling areas. Instead of simply being "new" lands, they are actually pockets of corrupted time. The content is focused on KEEPING our timelines intact, so no massive Lore retcons, but at the same time Blizzard can do some VERY different things for us the players. They can also make the single player leveling experience EPIC because there is no lasting impact beyond restoring the the baseline.

They could REALLY do some things that would sate players desires, and this was explored to some extent during the Thrall book.

Here are some examples of things that could be done (note just made up by me, think quantum leap with players being dropped into the middle of big events)...

- The player arrives during the somber crowning of King Arthas of Lordaeron, after his beloved father was killed by the traitor Jaina Proudmoore. Arthas is grief stricken over the loss of his father and that of his love, Jaina. You are part of a contingent sent by King Arthas, led by Uther the Lightbringer, to hunt down Jaina and bring her to justice. Jaina's general storyline follows that we are familiar with regarding the fall of Arthas, but Sylvanas joins the players group tracking down Jaina, and Calia takes her place as the Banshee Queen of Dalaran.

After following Jaina to Northrend (on a fleet commanded by Jaina's father!) the players witness the crowning of the new lich queen, and return to King Arthas in defeat. Privately the players are sought out by King Arthas, who has been convinced by the new court archmage/advisor Krasus that something is amiss...and you tell Arthas what is supposed to happen. Arthas then accompanies the players back during a harrowing trip back to Icecrown, and with him and others the players engage the Lich Queen. Sylvanas and Uther are killed, Krasus reveals himself as a red dragon, etc etc...but in the end Jaina is disabled. Arthas, understanding the eternal torment that comes with sitting on the frozen throne, takes Jaina's place, not wanting his love to suffer. Arthas, the noble paladin king, accepts his fate as the Lich King and the proper timeline is restored.

So what benefit does this have on the storyline? Or are we just hanging out in filler land for 2 years?

Are you on drugs? The website has been around a month, it was posted on these forums a month ago!

And SoL actually nailed the name before it was trademarked.
    I'm not talking about the website...

I don't see how people are so adamant that a time-travel based xpac means "no new lore". I guess seeing what corrupts the Bronze Dragonflight into the Infinite flight isn't new. And that took me all of 2 seconds to think of, for free, on my own time. Blizz is paying people to come up with new lore, and it's pretty obvious to anyone paying any attention whatsoever that at the absolute minimum, every xpac's major plot points are iterated on for years before they are announced.

Not saying it will be time travel but it's faaaar too early to bash the xpac's lore if it is time travel
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I don't see how people are so adamant that a time-travel based xpac means "no new lore". I guess seeing what corrupts the Bronze Dragonflight into the Infinite flight isn't new. And that took me all of 2 seconds to think of, for free, on my own time. Blizz is paying people to come up with new lore, and it's pretty obvious to anyone paying any attention whatsoever that at the absolute minimum, every xpac's major plot points are iterated on for years before they are announced.

Not saying it will be time travel but it's faaaar too early to bash the xpac's lore if it is time travel
    But that would interfere with my child-like ability to think only in absolutes.

So what benefit does this have on the storyline? Or are we just hanging out in filler land for 2 years?
    Why does the storyline have to advance dramatically?

10+ Year Old Account

It's more the implication of what would likely happen in the event of extensive time travel, not that there wouldn't be any new lore added.
    We'll see. I'm highly skeptical.

Or let's forget the part where Blizzard said we would be less focused on the Dragonflight to a few expansions, so this 'leak' would have next to nothing to do with the Infinite Flight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Because being able to make your gear look like ANYTHING AT ALL completely negates a large part of the fun factor of getting upgrades, getting "cool" gear, your character actually looking like they did well in the current tier by sporting the new look etc...plus Devs have stated numerous times they like how Xmog running old content became another timesink in the game on it's own.
    The OP stated "soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance"
    in other words, you still have to go out and get the pieces you want for xmog, and if you have them you dont have to hold on to them anymore, like now, thats all.
    you reading it wrong and making a big deal out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a different train of thought right now.
    Let's disregard the whole Grom business for now, and assume it's misquoted or just out of context.

Let's just look at the title, and what Blizzard promised us.
    Alleria and Turalyon will return, and we will need them for what's coming next.
    What are Alleria and Turalyon? Part of the Alliance warlords that invaded Draenor to stop the Horde.

"Warlord: a military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy"

While that definition typically would apply to the regional clan chieftains of the Orcish clans on old Draenor, in this case I think it matches the two expedition force characters better.

Bearing this in mind, it is ENTIRELY possible that we don't even set foot on Outland again or time travel to any part of Draenor, merely that these "Warlords of Draenor" are the focal point of the expansion and are leading/guiding us in what's to come. Maybe we do kill Grommash - in a CoT instance where Garrosh or the Infinite Flight tries to save him from dying to Mannoroth. Imagine a raid where we have to actually kill off Grommash while Thrall is out cold, only to preserve the timeline, full well knowing Grom just redeemed himself and would have deserved to survive - now that's an interesting time travel instance i'd like to play.

However, in this case Grom has nothing to do with the actual "warlords", which are Alleria and Turalyon, coming to warn us of the impending Legion doom, and likely taking us somewhere interesting along the way.

Just my random thoughts atm trying to make sense of the bits and pieces before Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    The OP stated "soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance"
    in other words, you still have to go out and get the pieces you want for xmog, and if you have them you dont have to hold on to them anymore, like now, thats all.
    you reading it wrong and making a big deal out of it.
    Been proven wrong on that and admitted it dozens of pages ago =)

I'm quite excited if this is the new expansion! Time travel sounds fun! I mean at a lore perspective, we'll get to go back in time and see those iconic characters that we only were able to read about! Now, we might actually get to see them in-game. That is what makes me super excited for this expansion if it really is true.

Deleted
    I have the feeling that if this is indeed a Timewalker expansion, it will begin with Azeroth being quite badly damaged by a Legion invasion, time-travel comes into play when Wrathion has his own brilliant idea of how to fix everything and screws up massively, we're sent to fix his mess...

... and at the same time we manage to find out just where Alleria and Turalyon have gone to. By now, they might possess some form of knowledge that would help avert the Legion's victory, so with that info we can return to a point just before the Legion's invasion, find the heroes and save the day.

This theory has totally not been shamelessly lifted from that one Stargate: Atlantis episode.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I'm on a different train of thought right now.
    Let's disregard the whole Grom business for now, and assume it's misquoted or just out of context.

Let's just look at the title, and what Blizzard promised us.
    Alleria and Turalyon will return, and we will need them for what's coming next.
    What are Alleria and Turalyon? Part of the Alliance warlords that invaded Draenor to stop the Horde.

"Warlord: a military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy"

While that definition typically would apply to the regional clan chieftains of the Orcish clans on old Draenor, in this case I think it matches the two expedition force characters better.

Bearing this in mind, it is ENTIRELY possible that we don't even set foot on Outland again or time travel to any part of Draenor, merely that these "Warlords of Draenor" are the focal point of the expansion and are leading/guiding us in what's to come. Maybe we do kill Grommash - in a CoT instance where Garrosh or the Infinite Flight tries to save him from dying to Mannoroth. Imagine a raid where we have to actually kill off Grommash while Thrall is out cold, only to preserve the timeline, full well knowing Grom just redeemed himself and would have deserved to survive - now that's an interesting time travel instance i'd like to play.

However, in this case Grom has nothing to do with the actual "warlords", which are Alleria and Turalyon, coming to warn us of the impending Legion doom, and likely taking us somewhere interesting along the way.

Just my random thoughts atm trying to make sense of the bits and pieces before Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Been proven wrong on that and admitted it dozens of pages ago =)
    why would blizzard call them warlords it's even a PvP rank for horde along with High Warlord (alliance equivalent is marshall)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    why would blizzard call them warlords it's even a PvP rank for horde along with High Warlord (alliance equivalent is marshall)
    Because technically it would work ^^
    And because it's one of the few scenarios i can imagine without time travel nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post

I agree that they could do some really cool things with alternate histories and the like. The problem is that if the entire expansion is based around preserving the timeline, it would feel like there would be no real progression in the overall story. Coming off of MoP, an expansion that sort of felt like it was largely a side story albeit one that I personally enjoyed a lot, I could see many players getting upset if the next expansion is like that again.

It would probably be more accepted if the time travel or alternate history stuff (if that is indeed going to be part of the next expansion) is only a small part of the story and not its main focus. Something similar to the end of Cata where we have to time jump in order to gain something (knowledge, experience, or the like) in order to face some other challenge that is the real focus of the expansion.

Time travel is always a difficult thing to pull off well in fiction. It is so easy to create plot holes even in a single, focused time travel story. In something like a persistent world MMO story, it would take one hell of a great team of writers and really careful planning and attention to detail to do it right. Not impossible, but I wonder if Blizzard's lore team is up to the challenge. I do hope so because if they can pull it off, it could be amazing. I guess time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in the belief that Warlords of Draenor doesn't imply that time travel. I think it was a misinterpretation, but who knows. Oh well, just hoping that time travel is a minor part. As much as I like Doctor Who I don't want my Who in my WoW.