Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Thus why I specifically mentioned the current accepted connotation, which is overwhelmingly negative. Fantasy work operates on pretty even keeled stereotypes. We will not be warmongers out with a militia to overthrow good people. It would be ridiculous to even think that is why they would name if 'Warlords'.
    What if we're overthrowing the current inhabitants of Argus - AKA, the Burning Legion? We're Warlords of (from) Draenor, coming back to retake a planet with a large military force.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You should probably look up what the current accepted connotation of warlord is before you think that idea has any relevance. Heroes traveling to defeat an evil army would not be considered warlords. They would be the exact opposite. We would be going against warlords.
    I know exactly what "warlord" means. The thing is, as I read that user's idea I found it plausible as well. In fact "anything" is plausible in the days up to blizzcon. Who's to say we aren't going back in time/through space to help someone do something, which leads us to wage war on the native races of that planet/time, only to find out at the end on a later patch the person we're helping has a darker agenda and we're helping our own demise all along? Either way, if we travelled using the Exodar under the Draenei flag, to the people we're killing we'd be the warlords of draenor.

We just know the title of the expansion for a fact, not the actual content of it.

Here's what should happen next. Pull the plug on the server room. Make it all go away

Quote Originally Posted by Crucious View Post
    Here's what should happen next. Pull the plug on the server room. Make it all go away
    You're incredibly witty, and your distaste for the game is very impressive. I bet you were just too good for WoW, right?

At any rate, thank you for your contribution to these forums

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I know exactly what "warlord" means. The thing is, as I read that user's idea I found it plausible as well. In fact "anything" is plausible in the days up to blizzcon. Who's to say we aren't going back in time/through space to help someone do something, which leads us to wage war on the native races of that planet/time, only to find out at the end on a later patch the person we're helping has a darker agenda and we're helping our own demise all along? Either way, if we travelled using the Exodar under the Draenei flag, to the people we're killing we'd be the warlords of draenor.

We just know the title of the expansion for a fact, not the actual content of it.
    I still think that's a big stretch for Blizzard and would require some abstract thinking by the players (which, let's face it, is asking too much). You'll be less disappointed if you go into it with the common assumption that the Warlords are indeed the orc tribal warlords from Draenor's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ah nope. Nozdormu has already said point blank that he starts the Infinites.

And that we kill him during End Time.
    people keep bringing this up, but they keep forgetting he said that before he knew he was going to lose all his powers.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    Somehow, I doubt Blizzard would be that creative with their game title, not to mention the meaning isn't immediately clear. Besides, if we're going to Argus and fighting the Burning Legion head on, Blizzard would damn well be sure to put something about that in the game title.
    DON'T DESTROY A MAN'S HOPE AND DREAMS LIKE THAT BRO!
    I CAN'T TAKE IT!
    /bipolar

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    You're incredibly witty, and your distaste for the game is very impressive. I bet you were just too good for WoW, right?

At any rate, thank you for your contribution to these forums
    You are quite welcome.

The truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    DON'T DESTROY A MAN'S HOPE AND DREAMS LIKE THAT BRO!
    I CAN'T TAKE IT!
    /bipolar
    /pat

Just helping you to not get your hopes up too high. Nobody wants to see you /wrist on Friday.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is interesting to note that, while this thread is still staggering along at 90 pages as of this post, the OP still has posted a grand total of 1 time.

I think the people he outed (Whose names Boub has since removed) took the dude out before he could reveal any more!

/tinfoilhat

If they made Pandaria work with all its wonders, I have huge faith in Blizzard for pulling off a time-travel Orc focused space travel expansion. Not what I was hoping for given how great the story has been, but luckily if it does suck, heres to hoping Blizzard keeps their word on annual expansion packs.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Then, there doesn't need to be time travel in WoD at all. It's just a game which takes place between WC3 and WoW, which is at least some years, and can follow Turyalon and Alleria. DONE AND DONE.
    But Turalyon and Alleria has been gone since WC2. And if we started following them after WC3 up until WoW we'd still have a gap in the timeline of a few years between WC2 and WC3 wouldn't we?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think that's a big stretch for Blizzard and would require some abstract thinking by the players (which, let's face it, is asking too much). You'll be less disappointed if you go into it with the common assumption that the Warlords are indeed the orc tribal warlords from Draenor's past.
    That's what I've been saying, but people would rather entrench themselves in abstract thought of their own as if they've figured out some secret puzzle set forth by blizzard cryptographers. I'm honestly not trying to be insulting, but intentionally using a word against it's connotation would be a horrible naming convention.

It would be like calling this expansion Dictators of Pandaria and then we're the dictators. Not only would it be a tacky name, but it would be a misleading title. No, we're not going to be Warlords of Draenor. This is not even getting into the fact that 'of draenor' as a grammatical clause would be used ambiguously in that scenario which is another no-no for a naming convention. Anyways, I digress. The guy I quoted has the right of it.
    BAD WOLF

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys... anyone notice something weird about the OP? We can't private message him or add as friend and also all he has is 1 post which is this one. Might he as well be busted for what he has done? :P

Somehow, I doubt Blizzard would be that creative with their game title, not to mention the meaning isn't immediately clear. Besides, if we're going to Argus and fighting the Burning Legion head on, Blizzard would damn well be sure to put something about that in the game title.
    Just like Mists of Pandaria lets you know that it's going to culminate with the Siege of Orgrimmar?

My next biggest question is, if we're going back in time such as we did in Culling of Stratholme and Opening of the Dark Portal, will we all be transformed into races present in that timeframe? We got turned into Night Elves for Well of Eternity, Humans for Culling, surely they can't expect us to be Orcs the entire expansion.

Deleted
    what if we go trough other portal located in Outlands to the other remnants of Draenor and face those warlords

Yeah as an allaince player I really hope I don't have to be a Draenei for the entire expac

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Just like Mists of Pandaria lets you know that it's going to culminate with the Siege of Orgrimmar?
    You guys are really setting yourselves up to be disappointed.

When reading the title there is one word that is the most important when hypothesizing about the theme. In Warlords OF Draenor the most important word is of. This to me means one of two things, either the Warlords are from Draenor and the "of" is referring to their patronage or the "of" is referring to the Warlords ownership of Draenor currently. I think out of the two interpretations there seems to be much more "WAR" involved with the second, being the title is describing the current Warlords of Draenor. I think this expansion is going to be dealing with some very bad people running around remade outland plus all new zones added on.

p.s. Warlords from Draenor would be a less vague title.
    Last edited by Keepwatukill; 2013-11-05 at 06:03 PM.