Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wouldn't mind Kill Shot having its travel time removed either, so I didn't have to weave another GCD before it resets (when it lands) and I can fire the 2nd, effectively making the CD 12s.

Double the damage, make it one GCD, 10s CD, no reset. That's my only wish list for this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyz View Post
    Not exaggerating numbers. I cant find in the WOL report where it says highest crit. It was more on the lines of me being told that by our ret in mumble during raid. Next raid night ill get a SS of my recount where i know I can find crit values.

And to answer someone earlier I"m referring to people equally geared.

AVG execute damage on our most recent H jugg kill.
    S Priest-403k
    Warlock-1.1Mil
    Warrior-753k
    Paladin-363k
    Hunter -311K
    A better way of comparing executes would be to figure out how many can be used in a average bosses execute range and how then how much damage is done.

With the free resource cost and the cooldown resetting, we can use ours more often than other classes. Maybe that makes it much closer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to mention that in this discussion of executes, Death Knights haven't been mentioned. Still think hunters are the weakest when people forget to even mention that death knights have an execute? Talk about wet noodle.

Just saying, my ret hammer hits >500k all the time (it also comes with a 400k follow up hand of light) so 900k total. Despite this hunters still do more dmg. Sorry, you get zero empathy here

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Just saying, my ret hammer hits >500k all the time (it also comes with a 400k follow up hand of light) so 900k total. Despite this hunters still do more dmg. Sorry, you get zero empathy here
    Wow, what item level are you rocking. I'm in 545 and since posting my earlier comment I've seen delightful 113k Hammer non crits (with I guess about 60k of Hand of Light follow up).

I can't wait to be doing 4x the damage in a few item levels time
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

At least you actually have an execute.... U should see show fun it is to NOT have one on fights like Horridon where the boss is taking extra damage in the end... :/

Why would you do anything but focus on the total damage for an entire fight? As others have said, it's an overall balancing act and within that framework hunters are doing very well.

From a recent 25-man Heroic Malkorok kill, where we had all of the three raiding hunters in:

Class - total damage - kill shot % - damage position
    Hunter 1 - 109952181 - 3.2% - 1
    Hunter 2 - 109885561 - 5.2% - 2
    Hunter 3 - 107424644 - 6.0% - 3

to find the next person with an execute at all you have to go down to the 11th and 12th and 14th positions (shadow priest, warrior and ret pally, respectively):

Spriest - 92771023 - 4.1% - 11
    Warrior - 91467190 - 7.5% - 12
    Ret pally - 90096840 - 12.6% - 14

So, the ret pally is the only class on that parse that had an execute in the double digit % of their total damage done. I say - so what? Would you rather have kill shot be such a big proportion of your damage and go from spots 1-3 on the damage to 14th? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Kinegos; 2013-10-31 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    While I don't really care if they buff kill shot...

Can we PLEASE have the reset thing removed, and just like a 50% damage increase on it? (so the extra gcd isn't op.)

I'm so sick of how buggy and annoying the reset is, especially with long travel times.
    You cheese in a arcane shot/explosive shot or what ever if the travel time is long,at least thats what i do

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter execute is so weak; now boomies, they have a strong exe....oh... I guess something is better than nothing?
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    It is free tho..
    i guess thats why its the "weakest" one
    A Paladin and Shadow Priest's execute are also free (mana is a non-issue for every DPS spec except Arcane Mages) and add Holy Power/Shadow Orbs. Kill Shot being free isn't a very good excuse. Both abilities are also ranged and instant cast, so it can't be that either. Shadow Word: Death also has a reset mechanic to it, so that's not it either. Hell, Hammer of Wrath can be used at any health percentage when used with a cooldown.

You can't really compare it with Warlock and Warrior (if you can even compare executes), because they actually consume resources when performing executes.

Hey, at least your execute isn't on a 2 min cd so SHUT IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyz View Post
    I have held my tongue for awhile now about how weak Kill shot is compared to other classes executes. Last night on my 568 hunter i was seeing 113k non crits. And the crits are usually only 300-400k. For the abilities available use time I think that should be hitting much harder. Our ret's hammers are hitting for 800K+, same with SWP and shadoburn. It's an execute, it should do nothing but crit, and crit hard.

How does one hold his tonge? Do you stick it out and grab it? or do you choke your self?

Haha, no even cares about us dk's execute!

The fact that its reset time is dependent on the shot's 'projectile speed' is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Haha, no even cares about us dk's execute!
    Soul Reaper is a fairly new ability, I didn't even know about it on my DK until I saw a guide on these forums mention it.

I've always felt they should just buff Kill Shot's damage and take away the 'double firing' of having the cooldown reset if it doesn't kill the target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I wouldn't mind Kill Shot having its travel time removed either, so I didn't have to weave another GCD before it resets (when it lands) and I can fire the 2nd, effectively making the CD 12s.

Double the damage, make it one GCD, 10s CD, no reset. That's my only wish list for this ability.
    I didn't see you had already posted about this. I agree, but I'd be happy if the reset was removed and it was only a 50% increase in it's damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    some of us dont even have execute skills, we remain the same from 100% to 0%
    Good thing your damage is pretty nutty without an execute skill.

Pretty sure soul reaper is the weakest execute in the game, it costs a rune and does crappy damage imo. 250k or 500 k crit

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Pretty sure soul reaper is the weakest execute in the game, it costs a rune and does crappy damage imo. 250k or 500 k crit
    Still more than Kill Shot.

I propose to just remove the "2 charge" Kill Shot system, buff total damage by 40% and leave a DoT that does 50% of the total damage done over 5 seconds. The 2 charge thing is just silly and sometimes you can waste GCDs waiting for the 1st KS to land.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
    Aside from the weird (and semi useless as the ability doesn't hit for all that much in the first place) reset mechanic, I don't think Hunters have issues in the execute department. Sure, it's not huge, but it's a nice boost.

An aspect of my Hunter I find lacking is AoE/cleave.

It's odd seeing Hunters being so decent on single targets, and then be one of the weakest on AoE fights like Galakras, Spoils or Dark Shamans. Not complaining about being strong on single target fights, but being SO weak on AoE that we immediately drop in DPS on any fight with any semblance of more than 1 target is disheartening on a tier like this.

Mazor.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. We're not even remotely close to being bad on AoE.