Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Patch 5.4.1 - Much darker nights

Did anyone else notice that nights in 5.4.1 are much darker now? At least on Pandaria. It looks really cool.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    The nights in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been darker since 5.4. You just didn't notice until now.
    I'm actually talking about Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds.
    Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-10-30 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really???? I was in a raid all night last night. ::watching the clock::

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait till later when I can check this out.

hmm can't say i can tell a difference tbh ;(

15+ Year Old Account
    The nights in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Orgrimmar and Stormwind have been darker since 5.4. You just didn't notice until now.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Remember guys, mop is the calm before the storm!

No they haven't. In 5.4 there was NO change whatsoever, which led to significant outcry because they promised darker nights in 5.4.

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No they haven't. In 5.4 there was NO change whatsoever, which led to significant outcry because they promised darker nights in 5.4.
    Actually, yes there was a change, it was in the patch notes and I used my eyes to notice the difference. Maybe it's not as much of a change as people were expecting, but saying there is "NO" difference is incorrect. It's been there since 5.4 PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Ah, ok. I was in Jade Forest but didn't notice a change. I'll keep an eye out tonight though, would be cool if they did change it.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Honestly I don't know why they won't just make darker nights a customisable feature.

Surely it can't be THAT difficult to add a slider and give those of us who want a dark game the ability to do it?

Actually, yes there was a change, it was in the patch notes and I used my eyes to notice the difference.
    Your eyes are broken!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Your eyes are broken!
    Nah, it's legit. Blizz made a big deal about it.

Yeah, not much changed. It's still not TRUE darkness, and thank goodness it isn't.

It's more like night shadows are now actually dark, instead of everything having a constant light level.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Actually, yes there was a change, it was in the patch notes and I used my eyes to notice the difference. Maybe it's not as much of a change as people were expecting, but saying there is "NO" difference is incorrect. It's been there since 5.4 PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, ok. I was in Jade Forest but didn't notice a change. I'll keep an eye out tonight though, would be cool if they did change it.
    Now you're just making things up.

If you'd like to cite your sources, go ahead, but the patch notes are publicly available and there's no mention of any kind of darker night or ambient change. I also have a 5.3 screenshot of Org's night time, and I took one of the 5.4 night as well (though I lost it when I uninstalled the PTR). Besides that, I can compare it to the 5.4.1 night in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Now you're just making things up.

If you'd like to cite your sources, go ahead, but the patch notes are publicly available and there's no mention of any kind of darker night or ambient change. I also have a 5.3 screenshot of Org's night time, and I took one of the 5.4 night as well (though I lost it when I uninstalled the PTR). Besides that, I can compare it to the 5.4.1 night in a couple of hours.
    The quote above me is correct, there was no mention of darker nights on the 5.4 notes, they were going to add it and they talked about it during the PTR but it was removed from the notes before the launch, 5.4.1 probably added it if the OP is right, I will check later.

I don't see a difference. Still shadows from an invisible sun.
    Something like on the left would be nice. At least gives you the feeling it's night in the game without having to look at the skybox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want REAL nights. This twilight crap is lame. Takes away the atmosphere of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ectothrix View Post
    I want REAL nights. This twilight crap is lame. Takes away the atmosphere of the game.
    I want to still be able to see the ground, so I disagree with you vehemently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    I want to still be able to see the ground, so I disagree with you vehemently.

You were able to see ground back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    You were able to see ground back in vanilla.
    Being rather disingenuous by using a comparison picture of places with actual light sources. The Hinterlands at night was extremely dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Being rather disingenuous by using a comparison picture of places with actual light sources. The Hinterlands at night was extremely dark.
    I remember that, actually. It was awesome. Real feeling of desolation.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.