Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't always hate alter time but when I do, it's on siegecrafter heroic...

Seriously FUCK using that ability on that fight...

Everytime its like "LOL SAWBLADE ON JOO" "LOL LAZOR BEAM ON JOO"

God damn...

Deleted
    well.... sometimes AT is nice.... sometime it just kills you.... but whatever.... with RPPM trinkets and blizzard's own way to interprete the way it workst... e.g when Hero/Bloodlust is used during AT and it goes off, you'll keep the debuff, but not the buff of Hero... or the rifts in the Sha HC encounter.... you can't get rid of the debuff...

AT IS a DPS improvement but the downsidest just suck so hard I really, REALLY hate this ability.... hope it will be removed....

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    I generally parse in the 95th percentile as either spec so what I do obviously works. Rather than complain that the spell operates inconveniently, improve your play.
    Given the person who started this thread, the attitude is warranted, this is about the 20th or 30th thread he's started complaining about various mage talents, spells, etc.
    And on pretty much every Normal fight (couple exceptions like Blackfuse because fuck the conveyer...), I do as well. There's absolutely no need for the hostility, especially when many others agree.

Also, bringing up past threads that I've made? Why? That's completely irrelevant and just rude.

Not sure what the problem is. Don't AT until PBoI procs, the end.

Losing 6 seconds on lightweave / jade spirit / totem / meta is still less of a DPS loss than losing almost the entire PBoI proc, since it's not RPPM and won't occur again for quite some time.
    My PBoI is actually Flex and my TT is Normal WF, so no, there's no way losing most of Flex PBoI is worse than losing 6s of Heroism, ENG Gloves, IV, Potion, Jade Spirit, Toxic Totem, and Meta, at least in my situation. If PBoI is better than your other trinket, MAYBE? I'd still argue that it wouldn't be, but that's just me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - I give up waiting for PBoI to proc and pop AT, only to have it proc and be completely wasted in the Alter Time
    THIS. Again and again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrazyl View Post
    THIS. Again and again and again.
    It actually used to be the meta that did this bullshit last tier, but now it usually (99%+) procs on pulls

Seriously though, fuck AT and/or PBoI >_>;
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    My PBoI is actually Flex and my TT is Normal WF, so no, there's no way losing most of Flex PBoI is worse than losing 6s of Heroism, ENG Gloves, IV, Potion, Jade Spirit, Toxic Totem, and Meta, at least in my situation.
    its still 20k int at 10 stacks or whatever. which is massive. But yeh, bloodlust and meta gem are the things that make all your other procs the winner.

Perhaps AT could work better if it 'instantly' takes you BACK in time 6 seconds when you activate it. So you can cast it immediately after a burst phase or after you take a bunch of damage eg. Jump off a cliff. eg sometimes your not sure what will happen in 6 seconds when you cast it atm. At least you know what procs and buffs and debuffs you will be getting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Perhaps AT could work better if it 'instantly' takes you BACK in time 6 seconds when you activate it. So you can cast it immediately after a burst phase or after you take a bunch of damage eg. Jump off a cliff. eg sometimes your not sure what will happen in 6 seconds when you cast it atm. At least you know what procs and buffs and debuffs you will be getting again.
    Or a minor glyph that accomplishes that.

Would be pretty neat actually! I'm all for that idea.

Alter Time is 100% my favourite dps cooldown in the game, of any class

Guess that's unlikely to happen but here's probable solution:
    ***When you AT back - you also get back your internal cooldowns and RPPM*** (not sure Buff or QoL issue though)
    and yes...... cancelaura AT if PBoI procs in duration >_< still i kind of like the randomness of AT, cause when RNG smiles - you just feel the boss melting =)

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Alter Time is 100% my favourite dps cooldown in the game, of any class
    TBH I love the utility of it, how it can be both offensive and defensive, but it's just so awkward to me that I dislike it for an offensive one.

Deleted
    Had my fair situiations of "oopses" with AT, having to run from a stormbolt at Jin'rock while on the electrified waters - standing still outside it to wait for impact and poof back on the water again going boom in the raid XD (couldn't say my fellow raiders appreciated that haha) "Blizzard doesn't have to make hardmodes, invite me and I'll be tha mage standing on water as we all die...".

Also last night I had a pleasant AT, was jailed on Sha for 1 sec and got ported back to the stackspot after AT ran out and could maintain rotation like nothing happened

I AT when all my procs are up at the start, regardless if we use BL then or not. Your burst is out of control the 1st minute anyway. I use the 2nd when I feel like it is the right time, depending more on the situattion of the fight at that point then procs tbh.

For Frost AT is an awckward spell, it makes you decide running more often with FB then any other bomb because it's predictable when you get a FFB proc that you can copy with AT. But then again, in my case I shouldn't be too picky and a numbercruncher since we are 13/14 on normal 10's. I think there are more fun things to explore with AT other then "maximizing dps" as Blizzard itended it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    Also last night I had a pleasant AT, was jailed on Sha for 1 sec and got ported back to the stackspot after AT ran out and could maintain rotation like nothing happened
    Ooh, thanks for sharing that! I might have to start using AT ~5s prior to Imprison I think you can also get out of the Banishment this way on Heroic (I recall doing it, but I don't remember 100% >_>)

Quote Originally Posted by Neonore View Post
    I AT when all my procs are up at the start, regardless if we use BL then or not. Your burst is out of control the 1st minute anyway. I use the 2nd when I feel like it is the right time, depending more on the situattion of the fight at that point then procs tbh.

For Frost AT is an awckward spell, it makes you decide running more often with FB then any other bomb because it's predictable when you get a FFB proc that you can copy with AT. But then again, in my case I shouldn't be too picky and a numbercruncher since we are 13/14 on normal 10's. I think there are more fun things to explore with AT other then "maximizing dps" as Blizzard itended it to be.
    Yeah you're inded to AT out of the gate once your procs go up. If you don't AT on pull, you lose a significant amount of burst pull deeps.

I don't use AT enough to warrant using FB, plus it'd drive me insane regardless if it's a DPS increase or not. Frost is average in terms of mobility DPS; I don't need anything making that worse and making me regret not playing Fire D:

can someone tell me how to setup TMW to show the internal coold down of immersus trinket? so I know for how much time it CANT proc! thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    In the MOBA Smite, Chronos' Ultimate ability is like this. He is teleported instantly back 6 or 8 seconds regaining all of his hp and such he had. It sounds great in theory, but honestly trying to keep track of buffs and "remember" what things were at 6 seconds ago is a pain in the ass and more trouble than it is worth.

There is nothing more annoying than not having all of your trinkets proc on pull, and being forced to AT (due to durations on pot and other trinkets and such) because the second you alter time... that annoying trinket that you've waited for ALWAYS procs, ALWAYS. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd boom you do 50% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ989 View Post
    can someone tell me how to setup TMW to show the internal coold down of immersus trinket? so I know for how much time it CANT proc! thank you
    Add an Internal Cooldown button of the spell. Use :115 behind the proc name, it doesn't know the duration yet. At least, mine doesn't.

On the topic of Alter time.. I think it's great. Sure, it sucks a bit sometimes, because a trinket procs inside of it and whatsoever. The sheer fact that it isn't a standaard 'press this button and do 30% more dps during 20 seconds and gives you wings' makes it a lovely skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're stressing too much. If you don't want to worry, just use it with icy veins + 2nd potion and try to wait for another proc of some kind to be up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    You're stressing too much. If you don't want to worry, just use it with icy veins + 2nd potion and try to wait for another proc of some kind to be up.
    Yeah the last one should always be used this way. Know about how long the fight lasts - unless it's barely longer than 3, 6, or 9 minutes (and you have to use it on CD) you'll have a nice little window to use it in where you can wait for a trinket proc, especially if you have PBoI and know it'll be off CD soon.

The most annoying thing is when you pop it at the start of a fight, and some fuckwitt casts heroism when your inside your alter time. Other than that, I dont have any big issues with it.