Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A huge rant from a former WoW player.

I thought I'd share this rant from a former WoW player who left the game not too long ago. He had this to say to Blizzard not caring about a forum ban at this point.

"Never going to happen, this game is hell bent on pleasing the dumbass masses, rather then the players who actually learn the game; and its mechanics. So be prepared for classes you don't want to be nerfed, to be nerfed; classes that shouldn't be buffed, get buffed, and pvp to be sent to the back burner.etc. After 6 years of it, I finally let my account go, and I've only been back this once to see how pvp is going; and it is how it has been for the last several years.embarrassing. Good job Blizzard, you sure know how to screw the pooch for $. So after my many years here, and always being a somewhat good citizen, here's my final words to you developers, programmers, game designers.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK you, get your head out your stupid asses thinking you're doing good; when your customer base is crashing left and right, your game has maybe 2-3 years MAX to run its course on the road you've taken, it'll be a laugh to watch you fall to another company who simply does what you will not anymore, which is actually try to make a quality game worth paying a subscription for. Your F2P days are coming soon, and I will smile. I wont redownload, but I'll smile for sure. Now ban my forum posting, don't really give a !@#$ now, account is inactive, and it won't be coming back. But I will be screenshotting it and posting it on the web, for all those who never got to say it, or wont now due to the fact they still play, and are too chicken %^-* to say it themselves.

If you guys want to save your game, better start boycotting this !@#$ asap, or its going to become nothing but the %^-* players you can't stand. My money is wasted, and I'll never get it back, I should have learned sooner, but oh well; better late then never.

P**s off and !@#$ you Blizzard Entertainment."

While this does sound harsh, he isn't wrong about the current state of WoW (but this is my opinion).

And I don't see a problem with it. This style of game is fading, not just WoW but across the board. New people don't really want this and old people are getting tired of it. It's... life.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Preaching to the choir, even I am draggin wow until teso and wildstar are out, then I'm gone. Unless, ofc, both happen to fail major style, that would be a huge bummer. WoW won't be able to go for 2 more expansion without going f2p.

Deleted
    Yeah because thats a mature and original thread full of bright new ideas and concepts....

Deleted
    Oh look one of these again we haven't had one of these in a while

good riddance of someone who is in dire need or a real life tbh. If u get this worked up over a game...

I've been playing since late vanilla and i still love playing. Maybe not as much as a few years ago, but still more than any other game.
    The game has changed, but the players as well. To say it's pure Blizz's fault is the narrowminded and infantile.

Glad to see him leave

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest
    For all those complaining about price... How about you quit wow for the next 8 months and get better jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. Are we just copy-pasting teenage drunk rages from all over in this forum now? This community is volatile enough without us creating "discussions" about idiots that are clearly upset majorly about something other than a GAME, making them childishly explode like that.
    If you don't like the GAME you're playing, maybe...you know, just move on? Play something else? Maybe stop and do something else? Criticism is fine, that's just flaming without any constructive input whatsoever.

I don't see how this warrants a thread in any way?

10+ Year Old Account
    He seems a little upset. Perhaps he should have a snickers. No one should get this worked up over a mini-game. <awesome.gif>

I'm sorry, this lad's head is so far removed from reality that even if he had a good point in there somewhere, its buried under piles and piles of vitriolic bile. And it's simply not worth digging through the acid to get at a golden nugget (which probably ends up being pyrite anyway).

You want people to listen, present your opinions in a mature way that provokes further rational thought.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

What a brave visionary he is to spread his unique message. Those screen shots will be the start of a revolution some day, and I'm happy I got to witness the first post in history speaking out against the tyranical overlords of Blizzard.

I quit recently as well, and I didn't seem to find the need to make a thread about vague generalizations of why I was unhappy with certain aspects of WoW. That post was a joke, and yours is even worse.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of this post someone not being happy about parts of the game has been posted time and again. The original poster (I think it is you) lost an opportunity to share his frustration in a manner that may have been helpful. This language is immature and leads to no one taking his unhappiness into consideration.

This is a rant and has no value.

People talking about F2P when the game has millions of subscriptions are so funny. The game is better than it ever was, that's just the truth

Deleted
    Former player = GTFO

He writes "dumbass masses" yet here he is, whining that he isn't getting his way in a game. Don't like it, quit.

It's ok to disagree with blizzard, to voice you own opinion, but getting personal and telling them "to get their heads out of their asses" and "fuck you"? How immature can you be, as if Blizzard owes something to him. Pretty sure it still says "Blizzard" on the box, it's their creation, they are taking it where they want to go.

Again, don't like it? Quit. The game is going to keep evolving, some for the good, some for the bad. I don't agree with everything, but I'm also not going to fault and berate an entire company because they have moved from what I "expect"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

If it took him six years just to realize that PvP is imbalanced and Blizzard actually wants to make income (what a shocking new business model) then he's not nearly as perceptive or astute as you make him out to be.

Deleted
    I agree and I think we all know that wow will never be anything highly enjoyable and rewarding like vanilla or the burning crusade ever again. over the course of time Blizzard have already listened and implemented so many changes that the masses have asked for which has lead to the current state of being a little bland through trying to please everyone from different walks of life and gaming

If blizzard had a backbone and said no we absolutely don't want to make raiding and obtaining Gear easier a good couple of years ago and stuck to it by now everyone would have adapted and become better players because of it
    Last edited by mmoc43238c78a1; 2013-10-31 at 12:06 PM.

Sounds like the average angry player who claims he stops, then returns to hate on it a bit more because deep down he can't let go of the game. Nothing new to see here?

You just take breaks. I take 2-3 a year. Sometimes to sit in Rift for a little while, sometimes to hit the gym hardcore, sometimes for some groovy coochie, sometimes I keep playing with all of those. Sometimes it's just time to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Well, this is the perfect example of a nerdgasm from a pessimist. 'Ranting' on a game and saying you dont give a shît is a paradox, as you obviously do give a poo, otherwise it wouldnt have made you (your friend) angry. You also know that his whole 'nerfing' is completely subjective. As a player who played lots of years, he should know by now that nerfing and buffing isnt as black and white as it may look. There are lots of things to keep in mind, new abilities, scaling pve/pvp, ilvl scaling etc. etc.

If you want to play a game where everyone is equal and has the same abilities, then go do that, there are enough games out there. WoW has 11 classes, 34 specs, one spec will always be stronger then the other. Some specs will have an advantage over another spec, but again weak against others. Thats the way it is, and always has been.

This is the problem with the internet - even the most moronic, devoid-of-intellect, useless, disgraceful and pathetic diatribe is being given a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this was funny... videoBlog incoming... he he...

"I've wasted my money" - I love that comment.

Ridicule and derisive laughter will be incoming.