Halloween, What are some strange things that happened to you?

With it being Halloween today, I thought a good topic is, What are things that happened to you, or you've seen that you cant explain or scared the crap out of you.

I lived in a House that was 200 years old and would see, hear, and sometimes get shoved and or scratched by something. I grew up in that house, and recently bought a house and moved in and it's been quite peaceful since.

Also one night I saw this bright light in the sky, little bit bigger than a star, but It was moving all around weird. Couldnt explain it.

Anyone have any good stories?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Having random kids that ive never seen in the neighborhood knocking on my door, only to be disappointed cause my neighbors know we dont celebrate halloween.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a coke rather than a candy once. That was more disappointing than scary though . . .
    Putin khuliyo

I had to contend with the onset of a huge fucking blizzard.

does a blow job from a female boba fett count?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    does a blow job from a female boba fett count?
    That is unexplainable, yet epic.

Deleted
    From a couple of years ago.

This is Storthes Hall

http://www.digstortheshall.co.uk/

If you look at that website you'll see it offers (fairly) budget accomodation for students at the University of Huddersfield in the UK. Storthes is your typical student campus, low maintainence, not much quality, bit of a rip off but it'll do for your average student who doesn't mind plastic chairs and a matress made from granite. If you read the FAQ on the site you'll see the typical sort of studenty spiel.

How far am I from my university?
    You are 5 miles away from the University and our bus service takes you door to door!

How far am I away from the train and bus stations?
    Storthes Hall Park is situated 5 miles away from Huddersfield town centre and the local amenities including public transport. We have a regular and dedicated shuttle bus service that runs every 15 - 30 minutes that drops you right outside the University.

How far am I away from the town centre?
    Storthes Hall Park is situated 5 miles away from Huddersfield town centre and the local amenities including public transport.

Where is the nearest shop?
    We have an onsite shop which is right next to reception. All of your essentials can be purchased there and a great range of weekly bargains are on offer to make your money go that little bit further!
    What they neglect to mention however is that Storthes isn't some super trendy, happening new campus at all.

Storthes Hall used to be an insane asylum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storthes_Hall
    http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/...12-9-06-a.html

That is the building of Storthes that wasn't refurbished, the administration centre and (lol) the mortuary. Naturally, this is haunted. Also, naturally, some of the students are pretty keen to make it inside.

Most of the walls are covered with graffiti and by daylight it is not particularly menacing. You can see a lot of the damage here, there is nothing especially threatening aside from the odd gourney (remember, this was the morgue, dead bodies were once probably upon those) and the odd abandoned ouija board, however by night it is a very very different place.

My first visit was during December in my first term at Huddersfield, a friend and I got a bit drunk and went over to the building, and eventually went inside. Of course, getting drunk wasn't a wise choice so I wouldn't swear for the veracity of what happened, but there were some very eerie noises, sounds of footsteps, and a very sobering shadow. We quickly decided that we'd had enough and went off to finish off the beers, telling anybody who'd listen that what we went through was worse than Poltergeist.

In February we were in the flat again when another friend (visiting from a different uni) said he'd like to go this time. I remember five of us going over (without alcohol this time) with a torch. The TV show Most Haunted was pretty popular at the time so we were all taking the piss doing our best Derek Acorah impression. Again, not much happened, until we heard (clearly) the tred of some very heavy footsteps, the slam of a metallic cupboard door, and a strange, screeching almost groan sound. Most disturbingly we found the corpse of a dead rabbit in the corner of one of the rooms, seemingly savaged by an animal. It was a pretty straightforward decision to leave after that.

Oh, and have some Tales From the Crypt.

Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2013-10-31 at 03:10 PM.

Very cool post tommy, interesting.

Halloween is not in the Bible, therefore not real. I would appreciate if people shared their devil stories elsewhere, and not on a website I visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Halloween is not in the Bible, therefore not real. I would appreciate if people shared their devil stories elsewhere, and not on a website I visit.
    theres a lot of things that are not in the bible... lets not make this a religious thread shall we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    I almost had to take my 20 year younger brother out trick or treating. The idea alone is quite frightening, can't believe it almost happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thodrin View Post
    I lived in a House that was 200 years old and would see, hear, and sometimes get shoved and or scratched by something. I grew up in that house, and recently bought a house and moved in and it's been quite peaceful since.
    Did you own a cat, by any chance?

This is a thread about seeing something weird, ghost, sasquatch or whatever. Not just about Halloween and or Religion.

And no I didn't have any pets growing up. I've seen or heard a lot of weird things growing up in that house. Some of it was explainable, but there was about 20 or so instances where it was just plain nuts.

Deleted
    I saw a bunch of Teenagers buying pallets of eggs 10 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    I saw a bunch of Teenagers buying pallets of eggs 10 minutes ago.
    Clearly they are making omelets. A good day starts with a good breakfast.

Deleted
    My younger sister went out dressed as a witch one Halloween. Some black cat was following her around all night and ended up hanging around our house for a few weeks afterwards =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than forcing your opinion on everyone else, why not go to a forum that's more your tastes?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Rather than forcing your opinion on everyone else, why not go to a forum that's more your tastes?
    Stormfront?