Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should you still stop dps on Nazgrim during defensive stance in lfr?

I dont know what to tell the raid. I have a macro screaming at people to stop and start dps on Nazgrim, but some people think its okay to dps him during defensive stance now after the nerfs. What do you think?

Deleted
    I don't get the question. In the title you ask whether we should even stop dpsing in defensive stance and then you complain about people who don't stop dpsing in defensive stance.

His rage gets up still very fast, he nukes the tanks harder and I think he also summons ravagers if DPS'ed in Def state.
    Ravagers are not as hard hitting anymore (been nerfed) but they can still kill.

You don't need to stop dps him even on normal mode.

It's kinda risk but funny btw.

I take it you're wiping over and over because of those that can't follow simple instruction.

It's a shame that on LFR he doesn't reflect the spells a player casts during defensive stance right back at that player and no-one else, and said player gets a reduced chance on receiving loot. Because, lets face it, those kind of people will never learn anything by sitting doing mindless DPS.

Other than kicking those that are wiping the raid because they refuse to stop dps during defensive stance, blizz doesn't really give you any other option than to stay and wipe or leave and save yourself wipes/stress. Then again all these bad players probably have kick protection maxed.
    Last edited by Felfurion; 2013-11-01 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    I don't get the question. In the title you ask whether we should even stop dpsing in defensive stance and then you complain about people who don't stop dpsing in defensive stance.
    Before the nerfs i had a macro, and now i dont know whether or not im right or wrong to be spamming it. Some people say in chat that after the nerfs you should stop. IM not sure though. Thats why im asking here to try and get a definitive answer.

Quote Originally Posted by FissionZero View Post
    It's a shame that on LFR he doesn't reflect the spells a player casts during defensive stance right back at that player
    That would have been amazing.

Ravagers are messing the raid plus Nazgrim gains more rage every time someone gets hit by it causing more ravagers to spawn, giving more rage, spawning more ravagers, adds enter the fight, ravagers are everywhere, more ravagers spawn, Nazgrim gains rage faster, ravagers spawn faster and faster, now you can't find a ravager free area to stand.... you get the picture I guess!
    BUT!! If the Boss is at 10% or below and enters a Deffensive stance, then you should keep nuking him. Just off Tank and keep the adds, especially Warshamans away from him!
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2013-11-01 at 11:37 AM.

As I recall, he doesn't get Rage for everyone attacking him, it's as long as he's attacked in Defensive Stance by someone other than the current tank. So technically if even one person is staying on him (frequent in LFR, there's always some dopey Huntard who just tunnels the boss), then there's no drawback to having everyone stay on him (other than not focusing on adds of course), because it's not like he's going to get rage any faster and somebody already mucked it up. I believe the same holds true for Flex and Normal, but it's riskier there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what to do =/

Quote Originally Posted by FissionZero View Post
    I take it you're wiping over and over because of those that can't follow simple instruction.

It's a shame that on LFR he doesn't reflect the spells a player casts during defensive stance right back at that player and no-one else, and said player gets a reduced chance on receiving loot. Because, lets face it, those kind of people will never learn anything by sitting doing mindless DPS.
    You'd have to conditionally only apply it if the attack did generate rage. You can safely attack him with certain spells without him generating rage.

this is the kinda thing that blizz shouldn't have nerfed in lfr

it's like sorting out groups on lei'shen, it's part of the fight and players should have to learn that attacking in defensive stance is a bad idea.

direct spell reflect would've been great, so if you do tunnel vision the boss, you kill yourself and it points it out very clearly to the raid that you failed at reading tactics. this is one of those fights that when first released takes a few weeks for everyone in LFR to "get it" - but then once 90% of the playerbase understand whats going on, there will be a lot less failure at it and thus no need for nerfs.

sometimes i think blizz are too quick off the mark with the nerfbat in LFR
    <insert witty signature here>

In the first two defensive phases you shouldn't attack him. If you get to the third one, however, you have to keep attacking him. At that point it's either attack him and feed him rage to do more damage and maybe wipe you, or watch him berserk and definitely wipe you.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    this is the kinda thing that blizz shouldn't have nerfed in lfr

it's like sorting out groups on lei'shen, it's part of the fight and players should have to learn that attacking in defensive stance is a bad idea.
    There will always be someone in LFR screwing it up, due to ignorance, stupidity, or malice. You cannot expect an LFR group to have only people who get it right or will get it right.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Here is why you should dps the boss during defensive stance in LFR. The boss gains his rage based on getting hit. The boss cannot gain more than one rage person second. So, whether you have 1-2 dps stay on the boss or the whole raid, it will not affect the rate in which the boss gains his rage.

Now, this is under the assumption that there is going to be someone in LFR that stays on the boss the whole time. As you all know, it's probably a pretty safe bet that at least someone will derp it up and not switch. As a result, I say you just keep your whole raid on the boss since someone is bound to be screwing it up from the get go.

Deleted
    Haven't done the fight in LFR myself but I've seen people here on MMO say, that it's actually better to keep dps'ing him during Defensive stance, since the Rage he gains has been nerfed and thus makes it worth the while.

The only issue I see with this, is if nobody swap to the adds, cause then the raid will get overrun.

Dps through defensive on Heroic mode so why not on LFR lol.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Dps through defensive on Heroic mode so why not on LFR lol.
    It probably depends on your LFR group.
    Your heroic kill probably takes 6 mins or so, a LFR group kill might take twice that, in which case burning through all of the def phases might be suicidal. Every time you spawn a ravager (name?) you will probably murder numerous incompetent LFR-goers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I dont know what to tell the raid. I have a macro screaming at people to stop and start dps on Nazgrim, but some people think its okay to dps him during defensive stance now after the nerfs. What do you think?
    Is this for LFR? Because in normal mode we often end up burning him right before defensive starts to he spends 5-15 seconds in defensive getting hit. The 1 ravager it might cause isn't a big deal. In the first defensive nobody touches him though. If you're talking about LFR, good luck with that, just do what you can to minimize the ravagers that come out.

Yes, stop dpsing during defensive stance.
    gallery . twitch . twitter

queue: