Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Everyone saying Goku obviously hasn't played a whole lot of Final Fantasies in my opinion.

Every other Final Fantasy villain is just retardedly powerful. Being able to compress all time lines? A being that killed Death itself?

The real plot contradiction is the fact that these beings get defeated which in this thread would be evidence that they shouldn't be considered, but hear me out. A being that could kill death itself SHOULD be able to face roll 3 or 4 mortals, albeit extremely powerful ones. It's kind of like the Lich King fight where at 10% he's like "LOL I KILLED ALL OF YOU INSTANTLY AND COULD HAVE EASILY DONE IT BEFORE BUT DIDN'T FOR NO REASON LOLOLOL" and then proceeds to STILL LOSE. Like the Lich King, half of the Final Fantasy villains should cackle for 3 seconds and then obliterate the heroes and the entire dimension they live in instantly and then brew some tea because it's just a Tuesday for them.
    I've played every main FF game except for 3, 11 and 13. The problem with FF main villains is they either use some gimmick to achieve their mass destruction and/or reality/time alterations, or despite having that kind of large scale power they lack power in a direct fight.

Example: Necron, if he is to be believed, was going to wipe out all life in the universe. Despite being that powerful, Dagger summoning Bahamut or Steiner hitting him with his sword was still capable of shitting on his face, despite Bahamut not even being able to achieve city wide destruction in one shot. Powerful on a cosmic scale, weak both offensively and defensively in a direct fight.

SS4 end of GT Goku can do all that cosmic reality destroying bullshit that Necron can, but he's ridiculously strong in a direct fight, unlike Necron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Modern Fiction: Superman, Goku being really close to Superman in power level.
    Ancient Fiction: God (Hebrew version being the strongest version of the God mythology.)

---
    I should point out Not Religion Bashing. Just pointing out that the strongest ancient mythos comes from the Hebrew Deity we call God.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2014-02-08 at 03:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eragon was pretty powerful. At the end of the series some people even started treating him like a god. Being able to take life itself and us that power to become stronger is pretty nice.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    One above all

Apparently responsible for the existence of all life in the Multiverse and possibly beyond,[1] the One-Above-All is the master and sole superior of the cosmic overseer and arbitrator known as the Living Tribunal.

When the pregnant Susan Storm feared for her husband's possible death at the hands of the "all-powerful" Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher tells her that there is only one being that is truly "all-powerful", and that "His only weapon...is love!"[2][3] During an encounter with the Sorcerer Supreme Doctor Strange, the cosmic entity Eternity tells Strange: "I and my brother, Death, comprise all of your reality, mystic! Neither he nor I are God, for God rules all realities!"[4] When Thor once compared himself and Odin to various other gods and abstract beings in terms of power, he notes: "...and 'tis said that a being, called the Living Tribunal—the final judge—hath the power to enforce his will 'pon any cosmos he doth judge! And 'tis said his power is supreme in all the Multiverse. Even I, son of one of the mightiest of all gods, find it impossible to conceive of such levels of power! And 'tis a humbling thought to consider how much greater the Creator of all Universes must be than that of all of His creations combined!"[5]
    pretty much the biggest of the big guys in the marvel universe, though hardly talked about, he's even above the living tribunal, eternity and death in terms of power.

This is as near to marvels version of god or allah as can expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    one above all
    Gggggg'dammit beat me to it
    Last edited by Trassk; 2014-02-08 at 05:04 PM.
    #boycottchina

How has nobody mentioned Tom Bombadil?

Srsly, let the cartoons go for a second and pick up a book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bombadil

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Whis from Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

Spoiler:
    Goku could not beat Bills, the God of Destruction, even after having achieved the state of Super Saiyan God, and Whis is revealed to be the master of, and to be stronger than, Bills. According to Akira Toriyama himself, in terms of power, Goku as a Super Saiyan God would be a 6, Bills would be a 10, and Whis would be a 15.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2014-02-08 at 05:13 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Sadly, Goku gets stomped by someone like Superman. But my vote for most powerful character in fiction goes to, Captain Planet. (I also thought of Cthulu, Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster, Rosalina, Bill Cipher, and Broly.) But ultimately a fight between all fictional characters is bound to destroy the entire world, pollution with it, so only fighters who can breath in space are left. Since Captain Planet's only weakness is pollution he can't really die. Besides he has taken a lot of pollution before getting knocked out. And it isn't like he doesn't have the powers to kill every other fictional character. Superman, he is bound to find Kryptonite eventually, Kirby, into the sun he goes, Goku, Hahaahhahahahahah, Mewtwo, It's Super Effective. Maybe the rings would get destroyed when the world ends, but that just releases Captain Planet for good. Hell, he might as well give the rings to the other characters and make them join him. But in the end Captain Planet wins, funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    One above all

pretty much the biggest of the big guys in the marvel universe, though hardly talked about, he's even above the living tribunal, eternity and death in terms of power.

This is as near to marvels version of god or allah as can expect.
    allah and god are the same thing.

but yeah, the one above all, definitely.

7+ Year Old Account
    If no one has said it, Sargeras. He can cut planets in half with his sword, so yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Unar View Post
    If no one has said it, Sargeras. He can cut planets in half with his sword, so yea.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tCyDwuL.jpg
    eh, the one above all can remove him from existence with just a thought.

sargeras is powerful in warcraft, but warcraft isn't as over the top as a lot of other fantasies.

My Question is why is Sargeras a DeathKnight? (that's pretty obviously a runeblade)

One punch man.

Or any universe altering deity from any work of fiction. The one above all, the DC equivalent, etc.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    My Question is why is Sargeras a DeathKnight? (that's pretty obviously a runeblade)

One punch man.

Or any universe altering deity from any work of fiction. The one above all, the DC equivalent, etc.
    that's gorshalach, sargeras' sword that busts planets.

and i'm pretty sure that's either fan art, or sargeras was really scary looking in battle, even before he left the pantheon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's gorshalach, sargeras' sword that busts planets.

and i'm pretty sure that's either fan art, or sargeras was really scary looking in battle, even before he left the pantheon.
    it was shown at Blizzcon I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Goku or Superman. Both are created to become more and more powerful and there is really no limit to their strengt. Superman is supposed to be a "god" figure, he is supposed to be invincible. Even when he dies he is brought back to life. Same is with Goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Btw, where'd this picture come from -- is it real?

Looks cool.
    It was shown during Blizzcon I'm fairly certain. It's Sargeras shattering Mar'duun after falling to disillusionment/ corruption and freeing the demons that were amassed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    It was shown during Blizzcon I'm fairly certain. It's Sargeras shattering Mar'duun after falling to disillusionment/ corruption and freeing the demons that were amassed there.
    whoa.... that's pretty crazy then.

titans are definitely crazy. i'm wondering if they can change size at will, or what's up with this...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Saitama. End of Diskussion.
    he can't do his one punch to someone that's got the same skill set as the abrahamic god. you can't beat something like that, it's just not possible. that's how absolute the one above all is.

Bob.

From the "Andy and Casey" webcomics by Andy Weir.
    His super power? Whenever someone narrates about something, he is there too.

The birth, rise and fall of Bob in three webcomics.
    http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=517
    http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=527
    http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=530
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It's AMAZO. I don't care what anyone else thinks. He absorbed all the knowledge of the universe, and after becoming the most powerful, he got bored, and decided to create super fun universes, outside of the big multiverse, in which he can have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    he can't do his one punch to someone that's got the same skill set as the abrahamic god. you can't beat something like that, it's just not possible. that's how absolute the one above all is.
    He kinda does beat god-level threats though. Saitama puts the OP in OPM