Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

SoCal Punk Legends Blink-182 to Close Out Blizzcon 2013

Blizzcon Ticket Giveaway

SoCal Punk Legends Blink-182 to Close Out Blizzcon 2013
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Thousands of gamers are about to come to a party and celebrate all the big things (and all the small things too) . . . and maybe even fall in love with a gnome at a rock show when legendary Southern California punk rock trio Blink-182 headlines the closing concert at Blizzard Entertainment’s sold-out BlizzCon® gaming convention, taking place November 8–9 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Acclaimed worldwide for their influential and groundbreaking pop-punk sound, Blink-182 has achieved massive critical and commercial success, with over 35 million albums sold. Their third album, Enema of the State, went quintuple platinum and catapulted the band into superstardom.

Unfortunately for fans of Blink-182’s “What’s My Age Again?” video, Anaheim city ordinances strictly forbid the band from running naked through the streets around the convention center. BlizzCon attendees are kindly asked to adhere to the same policy.

“After two days of hard work watching games and playing games and talking about games, we can’t think of a better way to kick back and relax than to have your face melted by Blink-182,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re thrilled to have such an awesome band helping us bring BlizzCon to an epic conclusion.”

“Nothing beats touring and playing in front of a live crowd,” said Tom DeLonge, Blink-182 guitarist and vocalist. “Our roots are in Southern California, so playing at BlizzCon will be like having a show in our own backyard—only with a couple thousand more orcs and elves in loincloths and bikini armor.”

BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft®, Diablo®, and StarCraft® game universes. The show will have an array of activities, including discussion panels, competitive and casual tournaments, contests, hands-on playtime with current and upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games, and more.

While tickets to the convention are no longer available, viewers at home can join the excitement by ordering a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, which offers comprehensive live coverage of both days of the event, including Blink-182’s performance, via multi-channel HD Internet stream for $39.99 USD (pricing and availability may vary by region).

DIRECTV customers in the United States can order the BlizzCon 2013 Pay Per View event, priced at $49.99 USD, which includes access to the Virtual Ticket online stream. Visit www.directv.com/blizzcon for more details.

With multiple games in development, Blizzard Entertainment has numerous positions currently available—visit http://jobs.blizzard.com for more information and to learn how to apply. As BlizzCon draws closer, further details about the show will be announced at www.blizzcon.com.

WHAAAAT

I love Blink!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Ass. I'm glad im going to Blizzcon!

Ugh, I remember these guys were big 12 years ago when I was only 14. Do these guys match the general audience? They're probably different now than they were.
    I can't believe they're even a band now, or that anyone likes them.

Cool selection, but I can't help but feel wanting!

So lets grasp at straws.

The closing ceremony for Cataclysm was Ozzy Osborne with Bark at the Moon, a nod to Worgen

For Mists, it was Foo Fighters, a nod to Monks and Kung-fu?

So for the next expac to be closed off by Blink-182...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    Ugh, I remember these guys were big 12 years ago when I was only 14. Do these guys match the general audience? They're probably different now than they were.
    I can't believe they're even a band now, or that anyone likes them.
    The same can be said about AC/DC and Nirvana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    So lets grasp at straws.

The closing ceremony for Cataclysm was Ozzy Osborne with Bark at the Moon, a nod to Worgen

- - - Updated - - -

“What’s My Age Again? - time... Time wardens, time trawel and all that stuff?

edit: Also blizz call then Punk group.. SO maybe SteamPunk expansion? ^^
    Last edited by TZM; 2013-10-31 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets grasp at straws.

Cool so it will be an expansion about sophomoric behavior and masturbation jokes!

Omg im so jealous! They were one of my favorites growing up!!! Go blink!

LoL I always thought that they were Pop. No clue they were Punk.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Cool so it will be an expansion about sophomoric behavior and masturbation jokes!
    Well, we do know how much Blizzard loves it's poop-jokes and poop-themed quests....
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Sounds like Trade chat to me!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Doesn't matter who plays at BlizzCon I'd imagine. I saw Ozzy playing, I saw Tenacious D playing and I saw Foo Fighters playing, and each concert had the WORST crowd I'd ever seen. I mean honestly, Blizzard could ressurect John Lennon, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix and have them all perfrom together, the crowd would still just look at them with blank faces and a pulse rate around 0...

Deleted
    woot! they are really good live, so glad i bought v-ticket even though i cant be there,

Is this a joke? Please tell me this is a joke. I mean, I didn't hit my head.....it is 2013 and not 1994 right?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaramas View Post
    Well, being a 90's punk bank, they've always been punk-pop.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaramas View Post
    Pop-Punk, I believe is what they are commonly labeled.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets grasp at straws.

- - - Updated - - -

time travel and mage tanks

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doritotaco View Post
    Is this a joke? Please tell me this is a joke. I mean, I didn't hit my head.....it is 2013 and not 1994 right?
    What was your reaction when Ozzy played?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to this, they were great when I was growing up.