Deleted

[Moonkin] Need help, multi-doting, movement.

Hey all feather brothers!

About 3 months ago I rerolled druid due guild needs. At first I was resto, but reacently I also need to fill DPS role. So I ended up playing resto/moonkin 50-50. I am casual player and raid about 1.5 times per week.

What I am looking for is to get 80 - 90% out of my moonkin DPS stable.
    If there are kind moonkin pros that could help me about I would be very greatful. One timeless coin for you!
    Can't post full links due 1st time posting.

My armory:
    /dentarg/Maali/advanced

My reacent WoL - The Fallen Protectors
    /reports/rt-olqvfgnqyylfwnji/sum/damageDone/?s=10726&e=11337

If anyone would be so kind to answer some of my questions or share experience.

1) The multi-doting:
    I've read many guides, but still don't get when it's DPS increase. Often during fight thinking:
    to DOT or NOT TO DOT ?
    Single eclipse DOT?
    I just put DOTS on all targets and my trinket procs, should I reDOT ??

2) Movement:
    Think this is my major weakeness right now. Before I played hunter and I could easyly go "lol, cobrashot, sig shot, etc.". Not so easy with Moonkin.
    Right now I am trying to adjust as fast as possible and continue nuking. Any tips here?

Thanks you for reading and hope you consider posting!
    Maali

Hello there, Id like to answer your question. I played moonkin since late 5.1 and am currently 8/14Hm in SoO in a 9/14HM guild

one thing people tend to forget is how haste affects dots in the middle of a fight, going for second haste cap is great and all, but thats not all there is to it. I can see you have legendary cloak so I assume you also have the haste meta gem.

Never dot a target without AT LEAST Nature's Grace up (15%haste). Never Overwrite a dot unless its about to expire and you are at 1 cast away from leaving your current eclipse. Other than that, Dont dot a add target that will be dead before the dot falls off, you re better off hardcasting.

For these rules, there is one exception, you always want both dots up at a time. So they apply on add fights only, this become more important as you get crit on your gears and balance 4piece.

On add fights, multi dot when: You dont have a instant starsurge proc, you have Nature's Grace, Bloodlust, Legendary meta proc. You can apply both even if you are not in eclipse, but if you are close from one, definetly get your next eclipse before dotting.

As for movement, druids have shitty dps while moving, our strengh lies in getting wherever you have to go fast. Use the T1 Talent that will benefit you the most, and move fast to resume hardcasting.

Do not redot even if you get trinket procs, as long as your current damage overtime has a decent duration on it and a decent haste value redotting will result in a dps loss.

Also just a quick edit, you should try to keep your eclipse rolling and increase your dot uptime, try to keep them around or higher than 95% at all time, you lose quite a few starsurges because of it.

In put in bold these 2 things cuz they are shuuper important.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by Honnycorns; 2013-10-30 at 02:44 PM.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Do not redot even if you get trinket procs, as long as your current damage overtime has a decent duration on it and a decent haste value redotting will result in a dps loss.
    I main a warlock, and have been trying to learn boomkin the best I can. My dps is pretty bad right now as a boomkin I feel. I get about 163k single target at 547 ilvl.

I feel like refreshing dots is my biggest dps loss as a boomkin. I'm always trying to refresh when i get a trinket proc. So should I just completely forget about refreshing dots before their entire duration? I've also been refreshing both dots (non-eclipsed first) as soon as I enter an eclipse. Should I forget about doing this as well if the dot is still running when I hit an eclipse?

I also get overwhelmed in fights like spoils where there is (at times) a million adds to handle. What is the best way to go about this? Should I just dot (eclipsed) on everything I see and just use SS procs on main target?

EDIT: my bnet profile is here /wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Teeter/advanced

You dont want to refresh your dots on trinket procs if they are not close from the end of their duration and if you are not in eclipse. If you have about 3-4 ticks remaining from your current dot, and that dot is not empowered by eclipse, overwrite it before you leave your eclipse. Same goes with trinket procs, try to mentally keep track of what your current dots are empowered with.

The way trinkets are made atm, on your opener, you should give about 2 Starfire casts before poping CA and dotting your target so you can have trinket procs at the same time.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply Honnycorns.

So as I understand the hasted DoTs is the real value ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeter View Post
    I main a warlock, and have been trying to learn boomkin the best I can. My dps is pretty bad right now as a boomkin I feel. I get about 163k single target at 547 ilvl.

I feel like refreshing dots is my biggest dps loss as a boomkin. I'm always trying to refresh when i get a trinket proc. So should I just completely forget about refreshing dots before their entire duration? I've also been refreshing both dots (non-eclipsed first) as soon as I enter an eclipse. Should I forget about doing this as well if the dot is still running when I hit an eclipse?

I also get overwhelmed in fights like spoils where there is (at times) a million adds to handle. What is the best way to go about this? Should I just dot (eclipsed) on everything I see and just use SS procs on main target?

EDIT: my bnet profile is here /wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Teeter/advanced
    To your question, yes. You should never refresh your dots unless they're about to expire or if you are about to leave eclipse and haven't refresh em yet in that eclipse.
    This means:
    - The probability of your dots expiring during eclipse downtime is basically non-existent unless you are on a heavy multidot fight.
    - You've probably run in several situations where you hit eclipse and a trinket procs after that. For example, you hit eclipse, you have 3 seconds or so left on your dots. In that 3 second window, there is a chance your trinket will proc, so you ideally put off refreshing till the dots are about to expire. IF your trinket procs in that time window, great, extra damage for free, if it doesn't, no biggy, no loss.

Refreshing dots for trinket procs doesn't weigh up to the lost GCDs. By that same methodology, delaying your refreshes till the last possible moment (without losing out on your uptime) will results in less GCDs used on dotting, and more on other spells, therefor, increasing your dps. Also, when you're casting dots, you're not pushing your eclipse meter.
    Also, refreshing dots during movement is also good, if you still have NG or Meta up and have no SS procs to use. You have nothing else to cast for that one or two GCDs you're moving. If you still have your haste buffs up, you might as well use that GCD you wouldn't have used for anything else to ensure your uptime.

I found that if u arent too much stacked with your group on Fallen you are not focused on the mechanics. In Fallen for example, u doesn't have to move too much because of the brew of other people for example. Try to always stay at range 5 of someone and GG less brew to move out (: