Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Will one of the upcoming MMO's take # 1 spot from Blizz eventually?

Yes? No? If so how soon?

List:

1. EverQuest Next

2. The Elder Scrolls Online

3. Monster Hunter Online

4. Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms

5. Tom Clancy's The Division

6. WildStar

7. Pathfinder

8. Phantasy Star Online 2

9. Titan ??

10. Camelot Unchained

Recently Released (getting great reviews):

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it a poll and you'll see better results. I think Elder Scrolls Online will become the biggest MMO to date. Extremely big and loyal RPG fanbase not counting MMO players. Also, it's across 3 platforms. Yep.

I doubt it. People complain about the most minor bugs in WoW so I can't imagine how fired up people will get from a Bethesda persistent world when they can't get their solo games even remotely bug free.

Did the other past MMO's take the #1 spot? It's impossible to know if any MMO will surpass WoW.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love marrowind , it's simply AMAZING, but it will never EVER touch MMO status like WOW, ever.

Age of Wushu already did with 20 mil players.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Yes? No? If so how soon?

List:

3. Monster Hunter Online
    Wait, wut? They're going to finally open the borders and release that outside of asia?!?! Oh god, I think I died and went to heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolo View Post
    I doubt it. People complain about the most minor bugs in WoW so I can't imagine how fired up people will get from a Bethesda persistent world when they can't get their solo games even remotely bug free.
    The reason Skyrim was so bugged was the infinite moddable vastness integrated with the Creation Kit, not to mention they worked out almost all the kinks was just rough at release. Also, it's being made by Zenimax Online, not Bethesda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once WoW has run its course then yes something will take its place. That or WoW will take MMO's down with it

Highly unlikely. I am looking forward to Camelot Unchained though. It's going to be a niche hardcore PvP game, so I'd be shocked if it can even reach 500,000 players. The rest of those, MEH.

Nope. Still a few more years before WoW naturally erodes.

I don't think so. I think what will happen is that Blizzard keeps WoW going for a few more years, then opts to try and replace it with Project Titan (even if they said it was supposed to exist alongside WoW), hoping that the players from WoW carry over, only to find that Titan is not as much of a success as WoW was. I think WoW was just really a streak of luck. A fortunate timing plus good gameplay -- one that they can't recreate with other MMOs threatening to flood the market. So I think Titan will never hit over 6 million -- if even close to that, and WoW no longer being active, and people having moved on (refusing to play Titan or just not liking it -that- much) will be WoW's "death", which leaves the market open for new MMOs to grapple the player base.

1. Lol

2. Maybe

3. Rofl

4. Seriosly doubt it. The video games made after GOT are shit, further enforcing the fact that games made after movies and movies made after games are utter crap.

5. Rofl

6. Very likely actually. This game promises tons of content.

7. Never heard of it.

8. Never heard of it

9. Most definitely but that's so far away that it doesn't even count

10. Never heard of it

Recently Released (getting great reviews):

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It's crap, trust me, I made the mistake of buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Age of Wushu already did with 20 mil players.
    Its free to play. You cannot compare a free to play MMO to a Pay to play. There will naturally be more accounts on a free MMO then one you pay for.

OT: No. I don't think they will. I havent even heard of most of them. I don't think the Elder scrolls online will even do well considering that last I heard, they were still going to do the left click / right click for attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem #1 with this thread, I might add, is you're asking a bunch of Blizzard players and/or fanboys on a WoW fansite. Don't be surprised when most of them respond "no way!"

The only MMO that can take over WoW is one that releases in the state that can fully compete with WoW as it is right now. But WoW has an 8 year head start and MMO creators still think launching an MMO in the state WoW was back in 2004-2005 will get them players.

LFR/Flex/Challenge Modes/Pet Battles/Rbgs/Transmog/Reforge... WoW has so many mechanics that it has added in the course of the years. No other MMO has any of these mechanics on launch. They think as long as your game as an LFG tool it will be good enough :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Some will get impressive Week #1 results then degrade quickly. If it's going to beat WoW it needs to incline steadily from word of mouth rather than "sweet promises".

Guild Wars 2 had their shot by actually putting time (what most miss) into it but, sadly, failed. I don't think any of these will deliver what is expected of them which is, in part, the fault of the MMO community.

I believe that the only one who can kill WoW is Blizzard itself, so... Titan, or they will possibly stop doing new expansions/raids/patches.

Short answer: No
    Long answer: Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Only one of those I'm genuinely looking forward to is Everquest Next, and that's primarily because of the user-generated content aspects of it. ESO lost my interest fast, and Titan isn't going to be out until I'm old and grey anyways.