Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    No. That's wrong. You see, your statement is true if there is all upside and no downside. If there was all gain and no cost. That makes sense for primordius and Week 1 Heroic Nourshen. All you had to do after all, is just get the boss to 0 before Frenzy. If the Frenzy timer is long enough, there is no downside to ignoring every mechanic on a fight like this.

This is different. The offset of this is a much more complicated tanking and healing job, because by the time you get around to killing him (Russian video had Skeer die after Xaril i think? Or Kaztik?) The Skeer is hitting the tank for almost his life. He has over 100% buffed damage, and is already a hard hitting mob.

The upside is reduced fight complexity by not having Iyyokk / Xaril / Kaztik overlap. The downside is tanking becomes much more complicated, the tank has to do something pretty interesting (catch a short cast with an ability from a boss on a CD), and he has to survive swings of over a million damage every two seconds. That sounds... entirely reasonable. That sounds like trading one set of problems for another set, which is essentially the difference between any two strats for the same fight.

We didn't use this strat necessarily. I do the strats for our guild with several other people. So we're very well informed on all strats. And We also put in Monday + Raid Extended Tuesday and killed it Wednesday. We put in about the number of attempts the fight is expected to take. We just made a decision to rank scale owing to the fact we're ahead or identical on gear to all our peers ranked guilds.
    It's hilarious watching you justify this. More complicated healing and tanking job essentially refers to using more CDs and having more dedicated tank healing. That's barely harder than what people using the conventional strategy have to do.

Early raid wipes are due to people dying to Aim or Rapid Fire, which your raid bypasses. The second barrier to the fight is during the Xaril/Iyyokuk overlap, which your raid once again avoids.

This strat simply allowed you to bypass intended features of the fight, and honestly allowed much quicker progression on it. Like you said, you were well informed on all strats, which means that you clearly chose the easier one (who wouldn't?). It doesn't bother me that you cheesed the fight, what I find amusing is how you refuse to own up to the fact that you gained an advantage over your peers because you did. Heh.
    Last edited by Basmothh; 2013-11-02 at 11:21 AM.

Hey guys has blizzard fixed fall damage on siegecrafter yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Reqlol View Post
    Ok guys I made an account just to make a PSA that DIing Razorgore isn't an exploit, it's just clever use of game mechanics.

Carry on

Edit: Oh and also tanking Gara'jal half in the wall is totally legit too

And uhhhhhhh I think changing a few game files to skip to C'thun is smiled upon by Blizzard too
    Except watcher said it's not an exploit, and it won't be fixed? (Again, hope he doesn't change his mind, if he does FML)

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Except watcher said it's not an exploit, and it won't be fixed? (Again, hope he doesn't change his mind, if he does FML)
    Source????

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Source????
    Sorry not going to reveal that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I do both. Though my 25 man is further than my 10 man at the moment (14/14 hc 25 man and 11/14 hc 10 man). I raid lead my 10 man but not the 25 man, by the way.

This is a post I made about Thok Heroic on 10-14, but I'm sure I anticipated you calling me out on this so I made it in advance to "troll" you.

Honestly I couldn't care less about proving anything to someone as mediocre as you. Nice parses by the way. I'm sure you are kept in your top tier US 15th guild because of your outstanding plays, since your DPS is definitely nothing to write home about. Carry on bitching, it would be silly for me at this point to go back and forth with you.
    Yea, definitely a troll. "Did 9 hours in 2 days with 10 man" while doing another 10+ hours in the same 2 days with your 25 man. Either you are the definition of a no lifer, which based on your previous posts would make you self loathing or you're a troll. While I'd get a kick out of you hating yourself which, lets be honest probably is the case anyway, your lack of comprehension regarding raiding would intricate the later.

I'd defend my parses, but 90th+ percentile on everything you can't pad on really does speak for itself.

Dawnrage @Proven Troll

INFRACTED: Do not insult other posters or call them trolls. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-11-02 at 03:58 PM.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

the fiery edge mechanic is what makes the fight hard tbh, this HoP tac doesnt trivialize the encounter much tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Yea, definitely a troll. "Did 9 hours in 2 days with 10 man" while doing another 10+ hours in the same 2 days with your 25 man. Either you are the definition of a no lifer, which based on your previous posts would make you self loathing or you're a troll. While I'd get a kick out of you hating yourself which, lets be honest probably is the case anyway, your lack of comprehension regarding raiding would intricate the later.

I'd defend my parses, but 90th+ percentile on everything you can't pad on really does speak for itself.

Dawnrage @Proven Troll
    Oh my god. Are you serious? I don't even...why am I bothering to explain this? I'm retarded but here goes.

That was the first week of SoO with my 10 man and they were excited to raid new content. Not to mention my 10 man only raids for 2 days a week on scheduled raids (except for that first week where we tried to do 4 days and fell flat on our faces, and ended up doing 3). My 25 man raids 5 days a week. Yeah, no lifer blah blah, but I have that time slot open at the moment so why not? Keep in mind I stopped raiding in WotLK and Cata due to RL priorities but I definitely have the time to raid now (and actually only started raiding seriously again this tier). 25 man is where I get serious and my 10 man is where I play with most of my RL buddies, which you would know if you have been keeping track of my posting history. There is more to this but really, I can't even believe I'm falling for this crap you are posting.

Yeah though, really hating myself here You caught me good bro! Also lol @ 90th percentile on everything being good. Just as great as your US 15th rank bro.

I'm really done now, 10/10 dude, you made me defend myself.

Deleted
    This thread is the bomb.

I am curious though, what happens if tomorrow they add a bypass immunity flag on Bloodletting
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2013-11-02 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    This thread is the bomb.

I am curious though, what happens if tomorrow they add a bypass immunity flag on Bloodletting
    Nothing, guilds will change their strats and kill it shortly (getting a repeat kill on something you have killed is less intimidating than getting a first kill) and those progressing using this will change their strats around.

Nothing changes. The guilds that have killed it will have no problem killing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Congratulations, you cheesy little bastards found a "creative use of game mechanics" Stole 13th from us by a couple hours and upped yourselves to the front page. While the lowest spots are yours to claim, It'll take more than a cheesy strat you ripped of a Chinese guild to get ahead of us and the other 5 or so guilds you jumped on garrosh despite the simplicity of the boss. Enjoy your progress spike and the inevitable fall back to mediocrity.

Don't pat yourselves on the back for your ingenuity using a strat you stole, don't hide your logs thinking anything you do matters, and don't think for a second your rank is going anywhere but down on hellscream.
    Wycked smush unworthy foes

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the fiery edge mechanic is what makes the fight hard tbh, this HoP tac doesnt trivialize the encounter much tbh.
    I r the confused.

Fight is over after Hisek dies /discuss.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-11-02 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    This thread is the bomb.

At least two guilds extend

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Lol, ok. I could tell you I killed the fight way before you did, but I would be "trolling" eh? Me posting about stuff on the fight is all just based on my assumption though. Just me having a good ol' time posting about a fight I haven't done. Keep being delusional though if it makes you happy, just like thinking US 15th is a big deal when it's really not. Maybe you should type up another rage post about why your guild deserves a medal for fighting paragons the right way, and how evil will not prevail when it comes time to end garrosh's reign of terror.
    I know you are busy blindly lashing out at US guilds, but there are quite a few strong 3 day guilds that play/finish around that level. Killing stuff in very low pull counts, with a focus on efficiency, does hold the respect of some people . Lets me personally still raid while working full time and going to graduate school. Considering you already mocked low hour/day guilds, I am sure you don't care. Anyway, have a nice one!
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-11-02 at 01:26 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    At least two guilds extend

- - - Updated - - -

I know you are busy blindly lashing out at US guilds, but there are quite a few strong 3 day guilds that play/finish around that level. Killing stuff in very low pull counts and efficiently does hold the respect of some people . Considering you already mocked low hour/day guilds, I am sure you don't care. Anyway, have a nice one!
    lol pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    I know you are busy blindly lashing out at US guilds, but there are quite a few strong 3 day guilds that play/finish around that level. Killing stuff in very low pull counts, with a focus on efficiency, does hold the respect of some people . Lets me personally still raid while working full time and going to graduate school. Considering you already mocked low hour/day guilds, I am sure you don't care. Anyway, have a nice one!
    Isn't that what this thread is about? Lashing out at guilds for petty reasons?

Honestly though, I don't have a problem with guilds raiding low hours/days and finishing good. I don't even think US 15th is horrible like I keep saying as it was really just to piss off Wycked :P. I completely understand that time is a huge part of whether a guild does well or not overall. I do think low hours/days guilds underestimate how much information and gear they go into fights with compared to guilds who did it before them raiding a decent chunk of time does, not to mention their burnout and cycle ratio is probably nowhere as high as guilds that raid a lot and in of itself is an advantage of sorts, but that's another topic.

Grats on how well you are doing with the amount you raid, I'm being sincere.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-11-02 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    HAHAHAHAH 70 pulls isnt a lot? You realize that is my guilds whole raid week right? Maybe not for guilds that raid as much as you guys but for us that is a ton.
    If 70 pulls is a ton, how did you endure Lei Shen progress?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Here is what is going to happen,
    Blizz will probably fix bop,
    exploiting guilds will either have to extend or reprogress
    those guilds lose rank because Garrosh is nothing but a gear check and extending for 1-2 weeks is just shooting yourself in the foot.

70 pulls is all they need. That's how good they are.
    Mew!

More like you can't bop yourself to Phase4, in regards to Garrosh

you can outgear it though, p3 with 1 empowered whirling is fun

I am honestly surprised with all that research Tyranny claimed to do, you decide to extend to kill Paragons...good luck on Garrosh with 2+ less weeks of gear.
    Last edited by smile6789; 2013-11-02 at 02:40 PM.