Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    In a 180 second window,

You will cast WG w/ Glyph approximately 18 times
    WG w/o Gylph approximately 22.5 times

The 4.5 extra GCDs could theoretically be used for RJ.
    4.5 gcd's is just below 5 rejuvs (4.9 or so), at 3k haste cap it is 6 rejuvs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    There are two things you need to keep separate here:

- The glyph is a HPS loss for Wild Growth if you cast it on cooldown for most of the fight. Your healing done with WG will go down a bit if you use the glyph.

- The glyph is a HPS gain for you. Using the GCDs you free up to cast Rejuvenation will result in more overall HPS. The exact number will depend on your haste (3k vs 13k) and tier bonuses (4T15 vs 4T16), but the glyph always wins.

As for ten mans, the only fights where the number of targets available is ever an issue is Spoils and normal mode Immerseus. On any other fight, you will have six targets in range unless your raid members are doing something stupid. Keep in mind that any time overhealing is a major issue, HPS is irrelevant anyway.
    Dark shamans hc, I always have 4 targets, though wild growth is not my spell of choice, just keeping rejuv up on everyone and lifebloom on myself, and using the sagemender proc seemed better.
    Also galakras too with the tower, but I would not really say that it is the best just because you only heal 5 people for a small amount of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkiepie1170 View Post
    I dont understand an argument that a longer WG cooldown translates to more rejuvenation casts. (I have my 13163 and use SotF. Those supercharged wild growths are pretty awesome and that only makes me more inclined to ignore the glyph. I find myself using SotF more often for that 41 tick lifebloom than wild growth at times when the extea raid heals just aren't necessary. Then again in flex raiding with a BAD ASS disc priest. Iron sharpens iron though right? I like the higher haste a lot but I still don't like the WG glyph.
    why would sotf make you more inclined to not using the glyph rather than more inclined to use it, also 41 tick lifeblooms? You have to not heal that target with a single target heal like HT or regrowth for 15 sec, then you also don't want to refresh it. Feels more like a restricting thing to do, rather just put up a rejuvenation with haste proc over a lifebloom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    WG has a 30 yd range. You will rarely NOT have enough people in a 10 man setting to make up for the extended CD. Sure, it was true last expansion when WG had a 15 yd range, but now, theres only a very few fights where it will fail to hit 6 people all the time (Thok during the kite phase, maybe Dark Shaman if you arent the most cooridinated team.
    Seems like thok p2 seems like a bad idea to even use it on 5 people, only if you need to extend your range past 40 yds. as wildgrowth has a max range of 60 yds.
    dark shamans hc definitely bad idea to use the glyph, even though it is not the spell of choice either way, as you are doing something wrong if you are casting wg on cd in the first place.

you have more time to cast other spells so it's a gain as long as you're in 25s where you can more reliably say it will actually hit 6 targets w/o overhealing too much due to more time to be doing other shit, but yes technically it lowers WG's individual effects a small amount

fights where it won't hit 6 reliably or if it does have 6 in range, not all of those 6 will be taking dmg this tier in 10man (protectors (sometimes), sha (tanks are miles away), galakras (towers), juggernaut (30yds of the target will usually be kind of upsetting in use, but if you're good at making sure you're casting it on a melee dps who will usually be in range of the tanks and the ranged it should be fine), dark shaman (most the fight, only 4 people are taking dmg at a time), nazgrim if you try to tank him far away from the add spawns, spoils, and kite phase thok

and even in the other fights, I prefer it because I heal w/ a disc priest and can't really guarantee where the divine aegises will be

in 10s, it depends, but w/ the current SotF status being so awesome atm, the better sync'd cd is about as much of a minor hps increase as the alternative extra gcds while being more mana efficient and, many 10m resto druids don't use it, or at the very least don't use it if they have SotF (it's an increase but very small and not even worth the extra mana at that point even in 25s)
    it's pretty funny w/ incarnation in 10s when WG hits 8/10"
    and I cant say much about treants because I'm mastery so I feel anything I say won't be a good opinion of how well they can actually perform

I believe Hamelt from ej did some math on SotF w/ glyphed and unglyphed WG and their HPS in creases alongside the HPS increases of all the talents alongside a commentary on mana costs of each talent in that tier and posted it somewhere, but I can't find on ej, his twitter, or his blog or I'd link it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    I believe Hamelt from ej did some math on SotF w/ glyphed and unglyphed WG and their HPS in creases alongside the HPS increases of all the talents alongside a commentary on mana costs of each talent in that tier and posted it somewhere, but I can't find on ej, his twitter, or his blog or I'd link it.
    Could've been the treecalcs? not sure if it had any numbers on glyphed vs unglyphed wild growth.

Did an analysis of the talents in Beta on EJ if that's what you're referring to, Beta SoTF Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    fights where it won't hit 6 reliably or if it does have 6 in range, not all of those 6 will be taking dmg this tier in 10man (protectors (sometimes), sha (tanks are miles away), galakras (towers), juggernaut (30yds of the target will usually be kind of upsetting in use, but if you're good at making sure you're casting it on a melee dps who will usually be in range of the tanks and the ranged it should be fine), dark shaman (most the fight, only 4 people are taking dmg at a time), nazgrim if you try to tank him far away from the add spawns, spoils, and kite phase thok
    Most of these are really only a problem if you insist on casting Wild Growth on the tanks or if your raid is excessively spread out. There's no need to be that spread out on Protectors, everyone except the tank should be in one place on Sha, you've got the entire raid on the ground for most of Galakras (most notably p2), everyone except the tanks should be in one place on Nazgrim regardless and there's no AoE damage going out during Thok's kite phase anyway. The only fights where having six people in range should be much of an issue are Dark Shaman and Spoils.

From what I remember of more recent SotF calculations, it doesn't really affect anything much. Unglyphed means spending more time casting WG and SM, and overall results in similar HPS at the cost of reduced mana efficiency and reduced burst healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Do people use WG on cd? I always time it with raid wide damage and only use it on cd when there's truly nothing to watch out for. Am i doing it wrong?
    No, you're doing it exactly right. There are fights where you will want to cast WG on cooldown (like Norushen), but on most fights it's either unnecessary or inefficient. If you're not casting Wild Growth on cooldown, the glyph is obviously the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I would think the 4p factors into this heavily as well. It is a small heal sure but it is free and instant.
    It shouldn't make any difference, actually. 4T16 adds a fixed amount of healing for each target and the only thing being compared is how many targets you can cast Wild Growth on in a given time.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Thanks for all the help guys, I definitely see what you mean by it freeing up more gcd's for rejuvenations when I'm using wild growth on cd. I don't usually need to use it on cd anyway so the extra target is nice. With using this glyph and at the same time hitting my 13k haste and using SotF the difference in my hps is huge. I am loving it. Thanks again for the help.