Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you always kiss on first date?

Ok so I just went out with a girl I met, first time.
    I thought it was ok, we had fun, we talked, we touched a bit

but at the end of the day when I lean in for the kiss, she stops me and says something along the lines of "I'm not there yet" or something like that...

Do you always kiss on first date? Do you think that if you don't its a bad sign? Do you think it's a good sign?

Your thoughts

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a bad sign if you think you guys had fun.

I personally wouldn't kiss on the first date but I'm an awkward man.

I don't think you have to kiss on the first date, it depends how intense the date was and where you went. Maybe she was trying to show that she wasn't easy, this isn't bad for you it just shows hopefully if she isn't with you, it means she also doesn't go crazy on first dates with other people so. I don't judge if people even sleep together the first date it depends on the chemistry but personally I would not.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a requirement, it depends on the people and the situation. You can have a great first date and not kiss - you can have a terrible first date during which you have sex. The quality of the date I'd say is unconnected with the degree of physical intimacy with which it is followed.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Kissing on the 1st date is okay, having intercourse can be a problem in long terms though, depends on the personality and emotions present :P

Well we met online so i wanted to take it casual today, we just went for a cup of coffee, had a nice walk, and thats basically it.
    I walked her to her doorstep, and thats when it happened or rather, when it DIDNT happen...

never noticed...have had first date hugs, first date kisses, first date second bases, first date sexy times...I'll say this much though, don't force anything. Usually works out best that way. If she goes in for the kiss (or the D), woohoo.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Well here's what I think

You guys heard the phrase "you never know"? Well its BS. Sometimes you know. imo being rejected a kiss is basically saying she is not interested. Or "isn't sure how she feels" ambivalent, not a good sign...Agree?

Over thinking it, call her for a second date. If she says no, then you know.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

its fine - you have shown your interest/feelings for her. just because she doesn't respond to you right away doesn't mean she's completely not interest, after all you didnt get a slap. all you have to do now is match her "tempo" - if you are serious about the girl I'd say let her control the development of the relationship until you both feel comfortable to move forward.

I only hope you didn't met online, you took her for coffee the next day and tried to kiss her when the day is over. that would be pushing it way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post

I only hope you didn't met online, you took her for coffee the next day and tried to kiss her when the day is over. that would be pushing it way too much.
    I disagree. Either the girl is attracted to the guy, or she isn't. Honestly anything around it is sugarcoating.
    I don't buy into that "i need to know you better" or "its too soon". It's just a kiss, it's no big deal. I know people that met online and 2 hours later they had sex. Why isn't that pushing it too far?

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I honestly think if she was interested then we would have kissed. We didn't kiss because she didn't want to, and not because its too soon or any other excuse like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to try to. For me, the return on the kiss goodnight was kind of my way of knowing if I should bother going out with her again. If I lean in there and she reciprocates, then I knew I had a winner. If not, obviously the sparks weren't there and it was time to move on.

I think you did good not kissing on first date from internet. Most the stress on an internet date is making sure you're not a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I think you did good not kissing on first date from internet. Most the stress on an internet date is making sure you're not a freak.
    It's not because I didn't want to...It's because she turned me down

Some girls fuck on the first date, some girls don't even kiss. Everyone is different.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Some girls fuck on the first date, some girls don't even kiss. Everyone is different.
    BS. No disrespect to your opinion, but if a girl is interested, be it after 5 dates or 5 minutes, she would have kissed u.

no kiss = no interest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    BS. No disrespect to your opinion, but if a girl is interested, be it after 5 dates or 5 minutes, she would have kissed u.

no kiss = no interest
    I tend to agree with you. If she was feeling it, it would have been there. But she wasn't. Big deal, just keep looking and eventually you'll find the right one.

Deleted
    Well here's what I think

You guys heard the phrase "you never know"? Well its BS. Sometimes you know. imo being rejected a kiss is basically saying she is not interested. Or "isn't sure how she feels" ambivalent, not a good sign...Agree?
    It has nothing to do with being rejected. Put aside all expectations and just enjoy yourself with the girl and see where it goes. If she wants to take it slow you should respect that and give her time. She'll reward you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No issues with kissing after the first date. No issues with sex after the first date either.

no kiss = no interest
    You can call BS all you want, but you're wrong.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu