Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tusks of Mannoroth

http://www.wowhead.com/item=103785/tusks-of-mannoroth

do they exist? never seen someone with them

Deleted
    To answer your question. According to wowhead it has dropped once. So someone must have it.

They have a ridiculously low drop rate because of what they are in terms of the lore.

Imagine everyone running around with these? They are basically a legendary without the higher stats and being orange.

As a warrior, I'm glad these will be rare, I hope to have them one day because them look amazing and the story behind them, but it won't be any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are kinda a new corupted ashbringer.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    do they exist? never seen someone with them
    They definitely exist. Already seen a few warriors wearing them in the Warrior Transmog thread.
    However, the droprate indeed seems to be relatively low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen them drop, they are ridiculously rare.

Deleted
    Apparently they're super rare and only drop on normal/heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 or 8 kills never seen
    /sad

I dont think it's possible to judge how "rare" something may be yet... I've killed Galakras every single week and I've yet to see those damn cloth bracers drop, but that doesn't mean they are rare.

Yea, I have them. Only seen the 1 pair though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I dont think it's possible to judge how "rare" something may be yet... I've killed Galakras every single week and I've yet to see those damn cloth bracers drop, but that doesn't mean they are rare.
    Pretty sure they are damn rare. If you check wowhead you will see that the item has dropped twice out of 687 kills (0,3% drop chance). Obviously Garrosh has not died 687 times on heroic but the way it works is that it adds the normal and heroic kills together, it has dropped once on normal and once on heroic (while people have been running the wowhead addon) where the number of kills total 687.

Deleted
    If it's a design not shared throughout the instance, as well as being one of pretty important lore status, I'd say Blizzard would make it a rare drop. As mentioned, drop rates seem to substantiate that line of thought.

I haven't seen anyone with them yet, but I hope I do - they look amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I've killed Thok almost every week and haven't seen his necklace. It must be 'corrupted ashbringer rare'.

Deleted
    Don't know how reliable Atlasloot can possibly be but it shows as having a tiny fraction of a percent chance of dropping. Looks pretty neat doe.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I've killed Thok almost every week and haven't seen his necklace. It must be 'corrupted ashbringer rare'.
    The difference between your example and the Tusks example is that the wowhead data actually supports the argument that Tusks have a low drop rate. The wowhead data does not show the same for the amulet.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-11-04 at 03:31 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Also if you look at the stats compared to other items, it's also better, making it more likely it's a rare drop. It has three sockets and a higher socket bonus (180 vs 120) compared to other shoulder items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    They are kinda a new corupted ashbringer.
    Not even close :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, is it possible for them to drop via coin ? I know chance is low in normal low table so even lower via coin but i use coin every week since i kill garrosh. It's must have for orc warrior.

Deleted
    Imagine those shoulders War-Forged must be like one in a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Btw, is it possible for them to drop via coin ? I know chance is low in normal low table so even lower via coin but i use coin every week since i kill garrosh. It's must have for orc warrior.
    I was wondering the same thing. I would sure hope so.