Cobra Strikes during BM AOE

Has anyone done/seen any analysis about whether or not it's worthwhile to use arcane shot during AOE as beast mastery in order to proc cobra strikes? Generally when I'm AOEing as BM I use fervor (for the wild hunt damage basically) and more or less cycle between multishot to keep up beast cleave and cobra shot to get enough focus to keep up beast cleave. But today I found myself wondering if it might be better to use thrill of the hunt and weave in arcane shots in between multishots, keeping beast cleave up but fishing for cobra strikes procs with the extra focus instead of doing more multishots for that damage.

I don't really think a 15% chance would warrant the use of arcane shot over mutli-shot. Sure, you will have 100% crit basic attacks, but I don't really think losing a multi-shot for a chance to proc it would even remotely be worth it and just by going with my intuition, I don't think it would even be worth it even if you got lucky and got a proc.

The amount of targets shouldn't matter either. Multi-shot only gets better with the more mobs you hit.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I don't really think a 15% chance would warrant the use of arcane shot over mutli-shot. Sure, you will have 100% crit basic attacks, but I don't really think losing a multi-shot for a chance to proc it would even remotely be worth it and just by going with my intuition, I don't think it would even be worth it even if you got lucky and got a proc.

The amount of targets shouldn't matter either. Multi-shot only gets better with the more mobs you hit.
    unless you are cleaving 4 targets where you dont spam multishot and just replace 1 arcane shot ever 4 sec for a multishot. under bw on shaman (this fight is prolly the one that fit the most) i dont spam multishot and cobra shot, i do kill command and continue my opener with the replacement of 2 arcane shots per 2 multishots.