Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

World of Warcraft : Paths of Time

I'm here today to give you the news, the slam diggity, the shabushka...on the 5th expansion. Prepare yourselevs, it's a good one.

Story

It's been 1 year since Garrosh's fall. The Horde is rebuilding, the Alliance expanding, Pandaria healing. Each cannot replace everything that's been lost, each a shadow of their strength before the conflict. Few remember, even fewer heed the warnings given by the last Black Dragon. Just as he forsaw...the Legion return.

The skies blacken as fire rains upon the shattered defenders of Azeroth, Warlocks, long in hiding, conjure portals to the Legion's infernal worlds, pouring demons into the hearts of their cities. Heroes rally, defenders gather, but ultimately...

All are overwhelmed. As all hope is lost...The last of the Dragonflights muster, freeing those they can from the Legion and bringing them to the Wyrmrest Temple. The defenders of the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade, led by the new Lich King, Bolvar Fordragon, stage a last stand. All know what the dragons are planning and all know the cost of their failures.

You are one of these heroes. Whisked away from the battlefield and upon you, the future relies.

The Bronze Dragonflight, despite all of their principles and traditions, will violate the timeways and alter Azeroth's future. You will be sent back into the history of Azeroth, prevent conflicts and prepare Azeroth for the ultimate confrontation with the Legion...many years from now.

Features

Travel throughout Azeroth's history and witness the events of the past...and change them.
    Gain strength through 10 more levels, bringing you to the level of 100.
    Prevent races from departing from their parent factions, gaining the Ogres for the Horde and the High Elves for the Alliance.
    Fallen heroes redeem themselves in the final hour...Demon Hunters become a playable class.
    Prove your heroism and gain unique talents in a new progression system, the Path of Heroes.

What is the Path of Heroes?

The Path of Heroes is an extended customization set for your character. By completing difficult challenges and tasks, you will be given cosmetic rewards that will change the appearance of your abilities.

That's where my information ends, I'm afraid! Hopefully you're all just as excited as I am by this! It really does sound like it'll be great, playing through the end of Azeroth then changing the future!

:3

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see Blizz making us go through 10 levels... 5 per means yet another expansion on the horizon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I can't see Blizz making us go through 10 levels... 5 per means yet another expansion on the horizon.
    The game won't stop when we have 100 levels. There can be level 105, 110 etc if needed. Its just an arbitrary number.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    The game won't stop when we have 100 levels. There can be level 105, 110 etc if needed. Its just an arbitrary number.
    Oh silly... I'm not saying they'll stop at 100. I'm saying, 5 levels per expansion guarantee more on the horizon.
    Don't assume. It just makes an ass out of you and a little bit me.

This dead horse has been beaten, but the Garrosh heirlooms go to 100 so it does stand to reason the next expac is 10 levels. It would be odd to give an heirloom that you can use for TWO more expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    There was a quote from Blizzard stating this at some point. There should be a mod whose only job is to link that quote whenever someone suggests that 100 is the final level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    No sources, nothing to back the information up... Next.
    Currently Procrastinating

1 post and banned? either someone who keeps coming back... or they want to silence him!!! <tin foil hat on>
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are we talking about a secret group of warlocks? All warlocks? Are the player Warlocks actually Burning Legion spies? This is pure madness
    There's a cult of warlocks that have been resurfacing. Player warlocks use one of their tomes to begin the green fire quests.

Here we go again.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Interesting back story. Better than the others I have read today.
    Its a terrible back story, its a complete rip off of the Rift story line for the Defiants faction. Being overun and sent back in time to change the future. While it would fit with wow I hope they don't go the copycat route as they will cop so much flak for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was so half-arsed, no chance.

Not a chance.

All these ridiculous posts. What a waste of page space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh silly... I'm not saying they'll stop at 100. I'm saying, 5 levels per expansion guarantee more on the horizon.
    Ghostcrawler recently referred to the next THREE expansions in a Tweet. So there is no need to worry about that.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Why are people so quick to dismiss this idea?

You were heavily implying it. So either stop complaining or express yourself better.

I have no idea what you're talking about. How does 10 levels equal longer time to next expansion? Were you around for Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You were heavily implying it. So either stop complaining or express yourself better.
    Yeah pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Because it's one of the 15 proposed idea in the past 12 hours. Seriously, we've had at least 2 TDB speculation/confirmation threads, Crimson Storm about 2 hours ago, the "What you want to know" thread and about 2 more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Because an expansion based around basically a retcon of current lore is not in blizzards best interest if they want to lure players to the game.

Most of the main events already exists as CoT instances.

And the most important aspect of all, the bronze dragonflight no longer have the power to travel through time, as you are shown on the timeless isles even looking through time takes a tremendous ammount of effort for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    1 post and banned? either someone who keeps coming back... or they want to silence him!!! <tin foil hat on>
    Just another over-hyped theory likely by a single member who can't get over the fact that the latest fake is not really convincing anyone.
    Multiple new "leaks" coming out from first-time posters, with many of them having common components that appear in at least two at a time.
    Time Travel, Draenor, Burning Legion etc.

Get over it, people are sick of this behaviour.

The issue remains with the Path of the Titans format that it would absolutely become another expected and demanded progression.
    Really the Therazane rep grind in another form.
    Comes up regularly, but repeatedly ignores a fundamental flaw with more talents.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-01 at 02:57 AM.