Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Yea and they stopped listening to them after going through puberty. I find it funny the ppl defending most likely don't even know the contents of the lyrics. The band was built for teens and prepubescents. How do you expect a mainly adult audience to identify with that. There music isn't timeless like other great bands, because they are singing about nonsensical teenage drama.
    you clearly haven't listened to a lot of their songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    Strike Anywhere are the only band formed since the 1980s with any right to call themselves punk.
    You forgot 'that I've heard of' in that sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    The band was built for teens and prepubescents.
    So you're saying they fit perfectly with most MoP content?

/ducks and runs

I could care less for who's playing! I'm just going to enjoy blizzcon and everything it has to offer.

So sad to see so many people refer to their music as punk.

I just don't get it. Blink 182? they haven't even been relevant since the 90's. I wonder if they just couldn't get anyone else?

Deleted
    They were garbage live when I saw them in their prime, so I doubt they'd be any different over a decade later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I just don't get it. Blink 182? they haven't even been relevant since the 90's. I wonder if they just couldn't get anyone else?
    I think it would cost too much money for someone relevant, I would just be fine listening to Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftain.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of theirs, but I'll watch the concert. I always do. As a general rule, concerts are really pretty fun even if you don't like the band. Besides, the worst part of Blizzcon concerts is typically the audience not the entertainment :P

Also I am mildly amused at the people criticising them as being "for teenagers." The people who were teenagers when the band was popular 15 years ago are old enough to be raising kids of their own now. They're not super young; one of the guys in the band went to high school with my spouse, which means he's probably in or near his 40s.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Also I am mildly amused at the people criticising them as being "for teenagers." The people who were teenagers when the band was popular 15 years ago are old enough to be raising kids of their own now. They're not super young; one of the guys in the band went to high school with my spouse, which means he's probably in or near his 40s.
    Well that's the thing... I'm not so sure if many of those people still listen to the band.

I'm excited to see Blink live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, Blink were okay way back when. Decent song or 2. I'm not sure how well they aged though, or how good any of their material was after their initial pop stardom. It will be middle of the night, I'll likely be going over all the things that happened at Blizzcon on forums, might as well have some tunes going while I chat/discuss.

I have liked Blink since my high school years, and they still put out good music IMO. Them being announced as the closing band kind of tipped the scale for me buying a Virtual Ticket. Also, Mark Hoppus (who plays bass and is one of the lead vocalists) is a huge WoW fan and still plays to this day. Talks about it on Twitter a lot.
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role." ~ WoWHead

Deleted
    I'll watch it on the virtual ticket if I'm awake but I don't like them enough to stay up specially for them (time zones usually make the ending ceremony like 4am in the morning so a bit awkward).

If I had a blizzcon ticket, I would definitely stay to see them. I mean, everyone who is going to blizzcon is there for the gaming stuff - the ending ceremony is just a bonus. There should be a good buzz and I'm not sure it really matters that much who they get to play. I doubt many people hate Blink 182 so much as to leave when they were previously planning on staying for it.

Gotta be hard for blizzard to find a band that are a) willing to play at a gaming convention, a good band will interact with the crowd and you can tell if they're having a good time - it's got to be hard to find a band that knows/cares about world of warcraft, actually wants to be there, and will genuinely have a good time at the gig as well. And b) is actually relevant to a large number of people who attend, bearing in mind the very diverse playerbase when it comes to age/tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will. I like their old stuff, and some of their new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well that's the thing... I'm not so sure if many of those people still listen to the band.
    They might not, but that doesn't mean they won't enjoy the concert, even if just for nostalgia sake.

But if nothing else, it's just amusing to see people acting like the band is something they're too old for, but the reality is its the band that's old

I'm just waiting for the "ugh, but my parents listen to them" counterarguments from the younger players.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Never really got into their music buy I will check it non the less.

Deleted
    I guess many young wow hispters dont know about bands such as blink sadly, il be watching it ofcourse (virtual ticket).

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch it (online), provides that I purchase a virtual ticket. Brings back teenage memories, and I find some of their songs not so bad.

it's not that people are hipsters, it's just blink's time is gone. their material is for young kids back in the 90s. i still appreciate the music that they wrote back then for what it was worth (growing up, being a teenager, sex, etc.).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i love how everyone hates on the last of "meh" Rock/punk at least it isnt Kanye Douchebag West, besides that he would cancel last minute anyways.