Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Lucky?
    Weird Al is fucking amazing.

Shit, I'd be getting a loan just to fly to Blizzcon! (not even kidding) He's amazing and a brilliant entertainer.

I had the pleasure/honour of seeing him perform here in The Netherlands, the only non-English country he performed and it was fucking amazing!

Anyway, not a fan of Blink, but considering the crowd and their previous bands, it's pretty much a decent fit. Rap however has no place in the 'con.
    Personally I would've liked RATM or Linkin Park (not a fan either) more but also feels more unrealistic.
    There was once a point in time when you were considered to have "made it" if Weird Al made a parody song of your own...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taheen74 View Post
    Too bad they couldn't get Gorillaz:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxccVAl5A8

I actually love the concept behind this band. Just seems appropriate for a video game convention also (computer animated band for a computer game). I could imagine what they could do for a WoW animated background for a computer animated band (plus the "lead singer" almost looks Forsaken to a point).
    I'd actually kinda love Gorillaz at BlizzCon lol

Give me this any day...

Rarely updated...

Everyone's taste in music differs and while you can use that as an argument against the bands they have had, the bands/singers/whatever the OP suggested, their lyrics are way more over the top than the artists that have performed. In this day and age, if you have some like lil wayne perform at your "business event" (that's what blizzcon is) then people will say you are promoting sex, drugs, and hoodlums.

So you get a band that's slightly or very much past their prime that is not going to peg you with bad media coverage. That is just smart business.

If they had Gorillaz. I would actually go to blizzcon lol

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    They should pay Apocalyptica to make covers of their themes/songs and play it at blizzcon.
    Fuck yeah.

Apocalyptica or even Kamelot. Could you imagine them doing Arthas, My Son. Throw some Simone Simons in there dressed as Alexstraza. Moist. So very moist.

What would it take to get Eminem or Lil Wayne to perform at Blizzcon?
    A complete absence of musical taste on the part of the organizers. *rimshot* Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Now THIS is my idea of good rap. Who knew 50 Cent was so classy?

And just in case you couldn't tell, this is 50 mixed with the Jungle Book

Armin Van Buuren or Tiesto would be more relevant. But Eminem would also be awesome. I'd buy the ticket just for that alone.

They pick the type of bands the majority of players/devs enjoy.

How do acts like Lil Wayne and Drake fit with WoW's fanbase? Riff Raff would be sweet, though.
    Last edited by Hecz; 2013-11-01 at 10:45 PM.

They'd have to be near the bottom.

see: Jay Mohr.

Speaking of Mohr, has Blizz confirmed that he's coming back to MC again?
    Last edited by SinR; 2013-11-01 at 10:54 PM. Reason: I derped on Jay Mohr's name
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: SinR. Safari: Water. Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I has Beta. Woo.

They would never get a rap artist to perform at Blizzcon, it has to be family friendly. Blink-182 is very pop-punk and considering that most gamers are into the more rock side of music than the rap side, I'd they they are perfect.

Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Because you want to have something with a larger appeal and would be something your fanbase would be interested in.

Most WoW players are 16-30 year old white males. Rap might be popular but it's not something that's greatly popular in that particular demographic.
    FC: 3067-6604-6289. Steel Safari - Skarmory - Klefki - Ferrorseed

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post

I'd actually kinda love Gorillaz at BlizzCon lol

Give me this any day...
    *Gorrilaz vid*
    They could play their Demon Days album. Such a great album.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    How do acts like Lil Wayne and Drake fit with WoW's fanbase? Riff Raff would be sweet, though.
    Oh man if Drake was there I'd pay money to see someone beat his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Oh man if Drake was there I'd pay money to see someone beat his ass.
    Slow down there Chris Brown. Oh wait, he's the one that got beaten on... Carry on.

Wtb Daft Punk. Best Blizzcon ever.

I dont like rap, seriusly, it is horrible (IMO) not my favorite music style

Is that the op really calls music?

What would it take?

The entire Blizzcon fanbase to go apeshit. And not a second before that will Lil Wayne be invited.
    I can scream random words too and rhime. Ill do it for 20k.

The Patient
    2pac hologram FTW

They should get Lordi , they dress the part...kind of , and are within the music genre that blizz is going for i think.