Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    because the CEO's of Blizzard dont like rap music

10+ Year Old Account
    lol "artists" lol
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

15+ Year Old Account
    Not going to happen they would need a new fan base lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who has no idea who 'Chief Keef', 'Riff Raff', and 'Lil Debbie' are?

Wayne or Drake would be fine, but hip-hop really isn't all that popular among gamers, from my experiences.

They should pay Apocalyptica to make covers of their themes/songs and play it at blizzcon.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hip hop/rap/whatever the fuck it's called doesn't really say "Warcraft" to me.

... But you want Eminem?

I'd make a similar comment about Lil' Wayne but to this day I have no clue who he is.
    Are you serious? Eminem, washed up? You don't know who Lil Wayne is? ehm... i don't know what to say here, steve..
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    We are talking about a game... for nerds. We're lucky it isn't Weird Al.
    Lucky?
    Weird Al is fucking amazing.

Shit, I'd be getting a loan just to fly to Blizzcon! (not even kidding) He's amazing and a brilliant entertainer.

I had the pleasure/honour of seeing him perform here in The Netherlands, the only non-English country he performed and it was fucking amazing!

Anyway, not a fan of Blink, but considering the crowd and their previous bands, it's pretty much a decent fit. Rap however has no place in the 'con.
    Personally I would've liked RATM or Linkin Park (not a fan either) more but also feels more unrealistic.

I don't think Blizzard would hire one of those "artists" since they can't even figure out how a fucking belt works.

Deleted
    Are you frickin serious? You call untalented dicks rappong about hoes and bitches A-Artists? Guess you don't know what real music is brah.

That, and Rap is the absolute opposite of all Blizzard games stand for.

Deleted
    Nah.. it's not a coincidence most people who play wow likes depressing metal or whatever, and most of these are virgins and losers too

tell me im wrong stupid white trash

Real ni***s listen to lil wayne and chief kieef

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-11-01 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Wow .. ok lets just take Heavy Metal genre of Rock n Roll that you seem to have some delusions about Rap out lasting.

Most people will say Heavy Metal was born in 1969 w/Stephen Wolf using the phrase in the song Born to be Wild, that is also the year Black Sabbath and Alice Cooper formed.

That is 44 years in case you needed help with the math.

Punk, Grunge, Ska, Metal, Glam all that is just a off shoot of rock n roll.

Just like rap has several off shoots none of them really lasting more then 5 years or so.

Managed a CD store for 5 years and my best friend is now one of the owners.. so although I am old. I am not out of the loop.
    Nailed it buddy :P

The reason why those (in my opinion terrible) artists isn't gonna be at blizzcon for a very long time to forever, is that out of the seven million odd people who play WoW and other Blizzard games, OP and people who also like Lil' Wayne (outside of people like me who love how much drugs he does and how incomprehensible he is while talking, that is I love how stupid I think he is) are the minority, sure in the mainstream world rap and all it's deformed offspring are popular. However in our secluded international culture of Blizzard fans it isn't as popular.

Also I can't say for sure, but since Blizzard loses money on Blizzcon (that being why it's once every two years now) would also be a factor in Blizzard getting as OP calls them "washed up has beens" over some guy who charges money to swear for thirty minutes... Also want to say that Blizzcon is about the convention not the half hour performance or whatever it is.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2013-11-01 at 08:02 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's funny that all these crackers/wannabe blacks listen to this stupidity.

Rap used to be about real shit. It was heavily influenced by politics and the lying and deceit of our government and the rich fucks that control it. All these people you hear today are sellouts. They're getting paid by the same people who lie to you, distracting you from seeing what's really going on.

Wayne crushes Gaga in record sales almost 3:1
    This doesn't surprise or impress anyone. Their music is equally terrible. I would be embarrassed to be caught listening to any of that garbage.

If they got Keef to perform, the place would go INSANE.
    Have you seen the audience at Blizzcon? You want to see a bunch of nerds attempting to bounce to some poor excuse for a hip-hop track?

I'm from the Bay Area born and raised, none of that shit is going to pass for quality.

Too bad they couldn't get Gorillaz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxccVAl5A8

I actually love the concept behind this band. Just seems appropriate for a video game convention also (computer animated band for a computer game). I could imagine what they could do for a WoW animated background for a computer animated band (plus the "lead singer" almost looks Forsaken to a point).
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-11-01 at 08:22 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's taste in music differs and while you can use that as an argument against the bands they have had, the bands/singers/whatever the OP suggested, their lyrics are way more over the top than the artists that have performed. In this day and age, if you have some like lil wayne perform at your "business event" (that's what blizzcon is) then people will say you are promoting sex, drugs, and hoodlums.

So you get a band that's slightly or very much past their prime that is not going to peg you with bad media coverage. That is just smart business.

If they had Gorillaz. I would actually go to blizzcon lol

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    They should pay Apocalyptica to make covers of their themes/songs and play it at blizzcon.
    Fuck yeah.

Apocalyptica or even Kamelot. Could you imagine them doing Arthas, My Son. Throw some Simone Simons in there dressed as Alexstraza. Moist. So very moist.

What would it take to get Eminem or Lil Wayne to perform at Blizzcon?
    A complete absence of musical taste on the part of the organizers. *rimshot* Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Now THIS is my idea of good rap. Who knew 50 Cent was so classy?

And just in case you couldn't tell, this is 50 mixed with the Jungle Book

Armin Van Buuren or Tiesto would be more relevant. But Eminem would also be awesome. I'd buy the ticket just for that alone.

They pick the type of bands the majority of players/devs enjoy.

How do acts like Lil Wayne and Drake fit with WoW's fanbase? Riff Raff would be sweet, though.
    Last edited by Hecz; 2013-11-01 at 10:45 PM.