Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Way to prove that you are not in fact Based. Someone who is Based or even the Based God himself would never say such nonsense.

I actually take that as an insult to the people who are truly Based and Based God himself. That's really offensive.
    You'll forget about this guy in a few years and feel incredibly silly for idolizing him so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by worsthitmanNa View Post
    base1
    bās/Submit
    verb
    past tense: based; past participle: based
    have as the foundation for (something); use as a point from which (something) can develop.
    "the film is based on a novel by Pat Conroy"
    synonyms: found, build, construct, form, ground, root; More
    situate as the center of operations.
    "a research program based at the University of Arizona"

You can be based it means you are the foundation of something but lil b sounds like he has downs so I have no clue.
    You still have to be based on or out of or the base of something. You cannot just be "based."

"How are you today Jamal?"
    "Hello Jon, I'm currently based."

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    You know I'm not even a FAN of rap music and I can tell you that guys like Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Run D.M.C, L.L. Cool J., The Beastie Boys and so many others could run rings around the morons that pass for artists these days. I mean seriously dude. If I know this stuff it's pretty freaking obvious.
    Lyrically, yes. Biggie could run rings around all but a handful of rappers today. However, he's just as guilty of the "bitches, money, weed" content as most of the rappers out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    You'll forget about this guy in a few years and feel incredibly silly for idolizing him so much.
    I have been a loyal Based fan for YEARS, Based God will never be forgotten. In a few years, you will feel incredibly silly for insulting Based God and will most likely become a loyal Based fan yourself after opening up and understanding and viewing his music for what it really is, an inspiration to us all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    I have been a loyal Based fan for YEARS, Based God will never be forgotten. In a few years, you will feel incredibly silly for insulting Based God and will most likely become a loyal Based fan yourself after opening up and understanding and viewing his music for what it really is, an inspiration to us all.
    Lol, I love your style of trolling, but I think they're on to us now. It's getting too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    Lol, I love your style of trolling, but I think they're on to us now. It's getting too obvious.
    You call it trolling, I call it informing and persuading. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    So let me ask then why is the majority of what he says is on the level of unintelligible or what every other rapper says with the same 7 words? People could honestly care less about his "music", the only thing they care about is the beat that brings out very primitive reactions of people. Flapping your arms around looking like a fool and using the same derogative words rappers use isn't on the same level as intelligence.

If you want to act like a monkey with all the arm flapping rappers do then may I suggest living in the jungle in the nude, becoming one with nature. Because that right there is on the same intelligence level as rappers and the people who worship them.
    You know, as ridiculous as mainstream hip hop is (and I could write an essay on that topic; but I'd rather not. It's actually partially a political issue.)...your assumption that that is a summation of what rap is and can be is equally ridiculous.

(Not one of his better songs, but that's beside the point)

Hip hop did not start out superficial and morally bankrupt, and it isn't for the most part now. The commercial tip of it is, because the commercial tip of any genre tends to be perverse, warped, and completely against itself. Don't dismiss the genre because you've been overexposed to the chaff; you'll never taste wheat that way. That kind of goes for all things in life.

For the record, hip hop started off as a rejection of toxic elements of popular culture. KRS One wasn't writing about shallow self-obsessions. Lots of parallels with punk. Understand the history of something before you assault it with stereotypes. Pick your targets, don't just go in spraying.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2013-11-06 at 07:15 AM.

I'd rather 2chainz perform at Blizzcon

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to listen these crappy junk "artists"?

I'm not going to make any sweeping judgements about 8 million subscribers. I think blink was probably a staff choice. They're innofensive and have a lot of nostalgia value for anyone over the age of 20. It's not a matter of money, i'm sure a lot of thought went into the decision, or an office poll. Either works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    I'm not going to make any sweeping judgements about 8 million subscribers. I think blink was probably a staff choice. They're innofensive and have a lot of nostalgia value for anyone over the age of 20. It's not a matter of money, i'm sure a lot of thought went into the decision, or an office poll. Either works.
    No way. The people at Blizzcon want to hear a guy say "A bi*ch ni*ga. That's the sh*t I don't like." while exposing his tiny malnourished torso to the crowd.

In this thread: People who insult other people's subjective opinion on music for some weird sense of superiority

Reading this is like watching two ten year olds argue about who has the better lunch.

"Mine is better"
    "Nuh uh"
    "Yeah huh"
    "No that's not real food this is real food"
    "You're dumb"
    "Nuh uh you're dumb"

Here's my contribution to this thread

Last edited by Larynx; 2013-11-06 at 07:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should do this on blizzcon.
    That shit is epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol lil'wayne? How about Michael Bolton? Both Horde and Alliance could put aside their differences and listen to love songs while holding hands.

Or alternatively have Lordi, half of the cosplayers will go dressed up as Malthael anyway, so they could go wild in the background.

On a better note: "What's my age again?" will be so much more fitting now...