Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Illidans behavior has less to do with tyrande and more to do with the fact that he has a huge ass ego and Malfurion keeps unintentionally showing him up. Illidan always felt that he was the better twin, his chosen school of magic was superior to his brothers skill and chosen school of magic. Illidan always thinks he knows better than everyone else and he is willing to do anything to get the result he is looking for no matter how many people tell him that it is morally bankrupt, the ends justify the means. He loves his brother but damn people need to recognize Illidan’s greatness first. Tyrande was just a trophy wife that he lost to Malfurion even though Illidan considered it a sure thing, she should of swooned as soon as illidan told her, “Tyrande, I choose you! Aren’t you lucky?!?”
    To sum up

Illidan is a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    it is actually not too complicated to reintroduce Illidan. He devoured demonic magic to an extent that he eventually became a demon himself.
    as we all know, vanquished demons return to the twisting nether and can only be killed when slain in their home realm

talking about onyxia, she wasn't revived. it was the old onyxia in the old timeline with her old lore. her improved stats and improved loot was merely a birthday present from blizz to us

as people simply do not seem to know, maiev went insane and tried to killed highborne, worgen, and malfurion. in the end, she escaped and is still out there

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    To sum up

Illidan is a dick.
    that saves the world :3
    I like my coffe like my mages.

keal'thas was surely killed in TK, well he looks dead to me, but behold!
    IT was merely a setback!

how many times kelthuzad was ressed?
    and ony

does blizz needs a reason?
    or perhaps they think, hey BT was fun, lets rework that like
    NAX and the long list of reworked dungeons/raids.

we are not prepaired!

Regarding the "fate" of Maiev: she was in the novel Wolfheart. Summary of her role in that novel: http://wowpedia.org/Maiev_Shadowsong#Wolfheart (spoilers)
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    twice, once from human to lich, and once again as a lich
    both times it was explored and explained in lore
    also, his phylactery is still missing. So he's not dead, he's regenerating / chilling / vacation
    RETURN OF THE WRATH OF THE LICH KING

3 times? Half life 3 confirmed.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Regarding the "fate" of Maiev: she was in the novel Wolfheart. Summary of her role in that novel: http://wowpedia.org/Maiev_Shadowsong#Wolfheart (spoilers)
    Ruined like most characters Knaak touches.

I'd say it's a case of what is he going to come back as than if he is going to come back. It would not be the first time the Burning Legion had stopped someone from passing on to move their own objectives forward (Ner'zhul), that is of course under the assumption he did die at the end of Black Temple.

The major downside to the Burning Crusade expansion was that you had next to no face time with the main big bad, after what they had done with Illidan in Warcraft 3 and the frozen throne it was a let down to see how Blizzard handled him in the first expansion pack. I believe Blizzard would miss a golden opportunity if they did not bring him back in some way.

I have no proof to back up my claims, but faith is not based on facts ^^

Well Illidan is classified as a demon on the character bios on the official wow site on battle.net and as a demon/former night elf in the visual guide if I remember correctly.
    There were those quests introduced in Cata. The one in Darkshore was a feat of strength, you had to actually be looking for the quest to know to fall in the whirlpool. The demon hunter was a ghost, and there was a comment by either him or some related NPC who said I wonder how many people have found their way and were trained by him or whatever, and when you give that item quest dropped from him to the night elf quest receiver now the night elves have a way to train demon hunters if ever they needed to. I think she said she'd give it to Tyrande or something.

There's the one in felwood, that basically explains Illidan wasn't bad and he always was trying to do good. And the night elves there decide to leave the demon huger alive/alone when they figure out he's doing good and killing demons, not night elves.

The one in the blasted lands shows how demon hunters can come back, and more quests that end with the demon hunter disappearing somewhere.

The monk in the monk training area, the first trainer (I think Cheng or something), says how he wanted to be a demon hunter first. Blizz teasing us.

Maiev has gone evil/crazy from Illidan not being around, maybe she'll bring him back from the twisting nether or something.

There was the stuff in the warlock questline. Illidan had a well in BT, the demons are still around on Outland that he freed (through this well) for some reason, kanrethad returned from some world through a portal and was all demon and had to be banished so he never returned or whatever, and etc.

Metzen's comments during last Blizzcon. When people asked during the two different q and a's, how he'll likely bring Illidan back, he's a sucker for redemption stories, and etc.

Metzen's tweets on who people want brought back, Metzen's tweets that Illidan is still out there and WoE wasn't it, the random polls Blizz did if I remember correctly had Illidan winning, the constant persistence from people asking for DHs also means Illidan would come back

Wrathion basically saying and repeating how the burning legion is coming soon, he seems like the kind of guy Wrathion would like and want
    Velen's short story mentioned the kind of things Wrathion's saying, BL is coming and we need to fight back with the army light.
    That blank scroll short story mentioned the BL coming (before Azshara basically).
    Metzen's comments and the MoP in game tip that Alleria and Turalyon haven't been seen for a while, and will play a big part in the next expac and we'll really need them for what's coming
    Last edited by Poochy; 2013-11-01 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that he is a demon, and when demons die, they dont really die, their spirit just get sent to the twisting nether for a while to chill.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You really think that?
    The people who make all these claims about Illidan add so much fandom based junk to his story in their heads from the WC3 it's not even funny. He was not some super amazing character that outshined any other you played as in the series. The only difference between him and the "good" characters was he was that gray area where someone like Arthas went from the light to darkness etc. He is overrated simply in the heads of people who are delusional about WC3's actual happenings.

- - - Updated - - -

IT was merely a setback!

and ony

we are not prepaired!
    Kael was explained in the very same quest you get when you kill him. How did you not know he was alive if you ever killed him before MT/SWP? He drops the verdant sphere back before anyone even knew SWP was going to happen and you turn it to A'dal and he revives and you hear him telling you both how KJ is coming. This all happens before BT was even released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Remember that he is a demon, and when demons die, they dont really die, their spirit just get sent to the twisting nether for a while to chill.
    That became a bastardization of the truth somewhere along the line. Only Naztherim, void beings, and pit lords were capable of such and mostly Naztherim. Somewhere along the line players confused that with all demons and the game apparently followed suit except the proof still exists in the in game mechanics. Succubi, imps, felhounds, felguards, gnarg etc all leave a corpse. When they die, they die.

Furthermore Illidan is neither demon nor night elf. That has been flat out stated. So no he is not a demon.

Illidan's character bio on wow battle.net site and visual guide I believe

They flat out say he is a demon and male demon former night elf respectively
    Last edited by Poochy; 2013-11-01 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    twice, once from human to lich, and once again as a lich
    both times it was explored and explained in lore
    also, his phylactery is still missing. So he's not dead, he's regenerating / chilling / vacation
    RETURN OF THE WRATH OF THE LICH KING

3 times? Half life 3 confirmed.
    Did you notice the new toy at Blizzcon is the Lich king? muahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    IT was merely a setback!

and ony

we are not prepaired!
    Ony was only brought back lore wise once, for BWL. The second coming during wotlk was a b day present for blizz to us
    Kelthuzad.... counting his lore transformation to a lich..... twice including naxx 2.0
    kael thas once and if u actually did his quest line after tk... you knew he was alive

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Did you notice the new toy at Blizzcon is the Lich king? muahahahaha!
    for Kels phylatery.... sindragosa did drop one from a nameless lich >.> hes in my chars bank..... damn hes been in an unsubbed chars back for like 4 years now

blizz realized they couldve kept him around alot longer.

Council of The Black Harvest, Illidan Lives? By Nobbel87 (Very good lore source) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMnNZoI-SQ

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Succubi, imps, felhounds, felguards, gnarg etc all leave a corpse. When they die, they die.
    I thought when a Warlock pet dies, the Warlock is resummoning them from the Nether?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.