Deleted

Timewalker Dungeon Mechanic - Best Xpac Hint So Far?

I know, another xpac thread. But we all the talk about "Warlords of Draenor" and "time-traveling" we forgot about the biggest hint of them all, the character scaling instance mechanic called "Timewalker".

Why call it Timewalker, the name of a time travelers faction that made their first appearance on the Card Game and then on the Timeless Island? Why spread the Timewalker name and concept like this? My honest opinion is that Blizzard was seeding lore for the next expansion.

Being it Warlords of Draenor or not (remember, the name was leaked before the trademark together with the travel-traveling plot, plus the chinese leak), the next xpac will have time traveling in some from as the main theme, or else they wouldn't call "Timewalker" to a scaling mechanic.

Deleted
    what else would they call it then?

i think the name suits the feature, its a sort of time travelling, downscaling back to a time we was lvl 70 etc, which was in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    what else would they call it then?

i think the name suits the feature, its a sort of time travelling, downscaling back to a time we was lvl 70 etc, which was in the past.
    Because it's the first time Blizzard uses lore to justify a dungeon mechanic. And since it's clearly a time-traveling related mechanic, it's not hard to grasp that the theme of the next expansion is indeed, as leaked, time travels.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, it explains the Time Travel that keeps showing up in leaks.

Time Travel being quite likely a mistranslation of Time Walking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because it's the first time Blizzard uses lore to justify a dungeon mechanic. And since it's clearly a time-traveling related mechanic, it's not hard to grasp that the theme of the next expansion is indeed, as leaked, time travels.
    it doesn't at all mean the next expansion has anything to do with time-travelling. maybe they added in those timewalker guys in 5.4 specifically for this new feature and thats it. nothing to do with the next expansion at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Being it Warlords of Draenor or not (remember, the name was leaked before the trademark together with the travel-traveling plot, plus the chinese leak), the next xpac will have time traveling in some from as the main theme, or else they wouldn't call "Timewalker" to a scaling mechanic.
    Personally, I really hope not. I don't find the "time travel" idea remotely compelling, and have zero faith that such an expansion wouldn't end up a muddled mess like Cata did.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)