Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Bloodsail Admiral Luminoth4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,124
    Priorities are Alliance.
    Orcs models make me cry. Tauren couldn't fit through doors when I played one in TBC. Undead have those bloody bones. I don't like Trolls. I despise Goblins. Don't mind Blood Elves. My Horde was originally to try out something different after spending a lot of time as Alliance. However the Server I'm on makes half of them seem like they're about 10.

    I'm currently considering Faction/Server Changing my Rogue and Warlock to Alliance (or back to Alliance for my Lock). However I need to see the effects of Connected Realms before that, because I currently rely on Oqueue for my weekly Alliance Ordos kills. I want a Night Elf and I miss my Worgen Lock :/

    Whilst the Horde are better at PVP, my allegiances lie with the Alliance.
    Alliance - Shadowsong

    Horde - Tarren-Mill
    Culmination - Nulo - Amissio - Dreadnought

  2. #102
    Blademaster Ragewulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    37
    I left the Horde when Thrall did. True Story.

  3. #103
    horde are enemy

  4. #104
    I used to be an Alliance man. But truly, once you go Horde, you don't ever go back...

  5. #105
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stormwind Trade District
    Posts
    84
    In vanilla, which is when I started and joined the Alliance, the orc's disgusting victim complex built around the "noble savage" façade always made me detest the Horde. There's nothing "noble" about breaking out of prison because you do not feel like paying for your crimes, which involve attempted genocide against multiple races. That remorseless behavior their "New" Horde was built upon, the glorification of murderers like Doomhammer and Grom, is what made me despise them from the very start. Even Grom admitted he was a screw up, he constantly reminded Thrall he had no redeeming qualities, after he kills Mannoroth the first thing he thinks about is HIMSELF, not his people. Yet Thrall ignores all the lessons he could have taken from him, ignores the examples of a life that no one should ever strive to live, and instead decides to build a Horde with it as a foundation.

    Thrall who claims to look for peace with the Alliance while at the same time allying with Sylvanas' scourge, the Forsaken, who had not long ago made an alliance with the few humans remaining in Capital City only to betray and slaughter them then shamelessly claim they, just like the unrepentant orcs do, are poor poor victims. The Forsaken who constantly lament their condition and curse it but at the same time force it upon others, spreading the blight they so much supposedly loathe.

    It is a shame the trolls and tauren were dragged into that filthy hypocritical faction, they do fit the honorable savage archetype, they are proud and noble and their loyalty to the horde, while misguided, is testament to their honor in fulfilling their oaths. The blood-elves though fit right in with the orc's hypocrisy, however they were not an original playable race and were not part of my original decision to never play Horde but are definitely a major reason now. The Bilgewater goblins are just generally dislikable due to their flexible morals but still acceptable since they are not so far close to evil like the bulk of orcs and undead.

    Lately though Garrosh was a breathe of fresh air and I am saddened he is gone. He was the embodiment of what the Horde truly is, ruthless and vile. Willing to do anything to achieve their goals no matter who is harmed in the way. Seeing the Horde finally embrace what they really are without hiding under the false pretense of "noble savage" they had for so many years was very refreshing. The revolution is hardly a display of nobility though, we have to keep in mind the catalyst of the revolution, and that is simply fear of Garrosh. The leaders of the revolution defected not because it was the right thing to do (except for Baine), but because it was the safest thing to do.

    Lastly, while all of that is regarding lore, the majority of their playerbase is really not much different. Hypocritical, vile towards the other faction even with no provocation and generally unashamed.

    inb4 B-BUT MUH NOBLE SAVAGES. MUH MISUNDERSTOOD UNDEAD. THE ALLIANCE IS EVIL IMPRISONING CRIMINALS IS WRONG.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    This 2 being the most important for me. If you want to know what i mean, visit a place like the subreddit for WoW.
    Halloween for this year, a guy uploads a poor version of a horde symbol carved into a pumpkin. Upvoted to the sky. Another guy posts an amazingly well done carving of an alliance symbol. Downvoted and lots of comments like "/spit", "FOR THE HORDE! ALLIANCE SCUM"

    Last year people were upvoting a guy that destroyed an alliance pumpkin carved by some kid,the thread contained highly upvoted comments like "Lok'tar ogar!", "For the Horde", "He deserved it, he became flagged for pvp irl"

    Also, tons of horror stories about people with alliance decals on their cars.

    I know you cant judge the whole population for some bad apples, but man, the horde has a lot more bad apples than the alliance
    Yeah their fanboy culture doesn't do them any favors.

  7. #107
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragewulf View Post
    I left the Horde when Thrall did. True Story.
    Pretty much this. And it's not that I'm a Thrall fangirl... but I hate Garrosh and always have. I love Horde RP... but I could not play any of my characters in good conscience being part of a Horde run by Garrosh. Just couldn't do it. Now that he's gone? I might just come back. Maybe dust off my old orc shaman, I always loved her. Or roll a troll.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  8. #108
    Brewmaster Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,396
    I was forced to roll Horde initially by my friends at launch because they didn't want to "be the good guys" and have to "play with kids". I was under the impression that the Alliance was filled to the brim with obnoxious children who wanted to be Lord of the Rings characters. When I finally ended up rolling an Alliance toon right after AQ hit I found that the stereotypes of Alliance players were not true at all. You had good numbers of idiots and children on both factions back then, but one thing that stood out to me was how out of the way many Alliance players would go out of their way to help others. When I was playing Horde during Vanilla Barrens chat was basically a trash-talking festival of douchebaggery. Hell, any general chat Horde side was just filled to the brim with "Your mom LOL" and "Chuck Norris" garbage. If some unsuspecting newbie made the mistake of asking for help in chat he was sure to be met with a chatbox filled with "NOOB" "Idiot" "Your mom's house" etc. It wasn't nearly as bad Alliance side. Sure, you had the occasional moron talking about how said noob should learn to use thottbot, but you could count on 10-15 people explaining things out calmly and politely in chat.

    I ended up sticking to Alliance until tier 5 in Burning Crusade when I was unable to find a progression guild for my faction that raided at a time I was able to make. I slowly moved back to Horde eventually ending up in a great guild on Illidan(Horde capital of the world) and finishing out BC progression there and staying until ICC. I did get to witness the Horde community become even more toxic during that period. The rampant fanboyism of the people you'd meet in real life shouting "FOR THE HORDE!!!!". Idiots at Blizzcon booing the Alliance fans and threatening to fight them because they are beyond batshit crazy. Horde players these days typically have this "We're Horde and if you're not Horde too you're a piece of shit" mentality and it's really rather annoying. That's not to say that there aren't some real nice people playing the Horde faction it's just that they are drowning in a sea of morons.

    This is why I no longer play my 10+ Horde toons when I come back from my long breaks from the game.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2013-11-02 at 05:29 PM.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  9. #109
    Because my Realms population leans towards Alliance, and going horde would mean leaving my raiding guild.

  10. #110
    I'm not of those guys who identify with their faction. It's really weird to me. Still, I definitely prefer Alliance.

    a) Worgen
    b) The Horde is a bit too tribal and primitive for my tastes. Not a fan of all the grunting and bleating and the lok'tar and whatnot. Just not my thing. Also, most Horde models are really ugly, especially the Orcs and Trolls, and BEs are way to metrosexual or bimbo-ish .

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The rampant fanboyism of the people you'd meet in real life shouting "FOR THE HORDE!!!!"
    Every Horde player I've ever met IRL has to say this out loud at some point, and none of them ever seem to realize what toolboxes they sound like.

  12. #112
    Funny and true fact.

    As horde you get to kill alot of alliance npcs.
    As alliance you get to kill alot of horde orcs (jk, dragonmaw clan), belfs (jk, Kael'Thas' goons), trolls (jk, many non-horde affiliated tribes), goblins (jk, many non-horde affiliated groups).

    In fact, as alliance you don't get to kill alot of actual horde forces npcs, if any at all. Ok, there is the thing with the undead in Gilneas that you get to kill actual horde forces.

  13. #113
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,479
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    So we have The "why don't you play alliance" thread. Here is the question to those who don't play horde...why not?

    To me they are mere pixels and I have no faction royalty whatsoever.50-50. Trust me if you played for that long its going to be 50-50. I have toons on both sides most races and combos full Boa and enchanted alts so yea...

    Now the question still stands...why don't some of the alliance guys play horde? Its a good thing to have characters on both sides, you can sell recipes cross faction, rage your friends from other side bla bla and as they say you gotta be with your enemy to really know them...so, true loyal "alliancers" here is a good way to exploit an enemy weakness if you guys don't like the horde so much...I will say it again I honestly don't care its all the same in my eyes
    Because leveling my one horde alt for the double agent achievement was such a hair pulling kiddie fest that I have no interest in playing with those same players at raiding.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  14. #114
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    It is a shame the trolls and tauren were dragged into that filthy hypocritical faction, they do fit the honorable savage archetype, they are proud and noble and their loyalty to the horde, while misguided, is testament to their honor in fulfilling their oaths. The blood-elves though fit right in with the orc's hypocrisy, however they were not an original playable race and were not part of my original decision to never play Horde but are definitely a major reason now. The Bilgewater goblins are just generally dislikable due to their flexible morals but still acceptable since they are not so far close to evil like the bulk of orcs and undead.

    Lately though Garrosh was a breathe of fresh air and I am saddened he is gone. He was the embodiment of what the Horde truly is, ruthless and vile. Willing to do anything to achieve their goals no matter who is harmed in the way. Seeing the Horde finally embrace what they really are without hiding under the false pretense of "noble savage" they had for so many years was very refreshing. The revolution is hardly a display of nobility though, we have to keep in mind the catalyst of the revolution, and that is simply fear of Garrosh. The leaders of the revolution defected not because it was the right thing to do (except for Baine), but because it was the safest thing to do.
    Oh Vol'jin did have a problem with Garrosh's way of doing things though, for sure. In the Dagger In The Dark scenario, Vol'jin's rejection of Garrosh's methods ("This ain't what the Horde be about") is what led to Garrosh's attempted assassination of him, which had, in turn, been gradually building up to that point by the tension between the respective orc and troll leaders. Sure, Vol'jin wasn't particularly moved by the victimization of the Alliance at Hellscream's hand, but he has always had a strong sense of what he believes the principles of the Horde should be founded upon (Shadows of the Horde demonstrates this well). At the least, you can definitely say that he is honourable.

    But as you say (as have many others in this thread), the Orcs have seriously by and large failed in recent times on a moral level. I think very little of them these days (with the odd exception in the form of decent lore characters, e.g. Saurfang). The Darkspear and Tauren be where its at for me.

  15. #115
    I played mostly Horde in Vanilla and BC.

    I switched to mostly Alliance in Wrath, and have been there since.

    It was 25% the horrible way the Horde began acting in Wrath (cowardly murdering Alliance troops trying to assault a gate in ICC), and the pathetic dying orcs asking not for help, but to go and murder the injured Alliance troops because their calls for help were an "insult" to them.

    The other 75% was the rad dudebro meat heads that seem to infest the Horde. The raging hormonal teenager/20s male attitude of how badass they are because of the pixels they play. You see quite a bit of it on the forums and at Blizzcon too.

    Newsflash: playing an Orc or emo zombie doesn't make you a badass in real life.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I hate the way that the Horde under Thrall always tries to blame other people for their problems and to scapegoat their own enormities on "splinter factions" that they helping five minutes ago.
    Also this. The standard course of action seems to be...

    1) Players help some major Horde NPC kill five hundred kittens.

    2) When they start killing puppies instead, they get turned into a raid boss and killed.

    3) Horde goes "You can't blame us, we turned on that evil puppy-slaying villain! You guys had Arthas!" and pretend the kittens never existed.

  17. #117
    Stood in the Fire Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    454
    I'm Alliance at the heart...I have played Horde, but I've always felt "off" while doing so. Besides I have a great emotional attachment to my first character, a human Paladin.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Essentially, it's because the Horde's factions are mostly butt-ugly. In addition of most of them having hunched back for no reason, Orcs frankly look like they are literally retarded, Blood Elves are super scrawny, trolls are scrawny and SUPER hunched backs and have pretty ugly and tiny faces, pandas are pandas and goblins are just meh overall. Tauren and undead are the best looking and they still have issues.
    This, and I really don't like any of their cities.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    The other 75% was the rad dudebro meat heads that seem to infest the Horde. The raging hormonal teenager/20s male attitude of how badass they are because of the pixels they play. You see quite a bit of it on the forums and at Blizzcon too.

    Newsflash: playing an Orc or emo zombie doesn't make you a badass in real life.
    x1000

    The worst thing about Horde is Horde players. I can't wait to see what sort of stupid spectacle they make of themselves at Blizzcon next week. Some woman will come with a baby wrapped in an Alliance blanket and some neckbeard will spike it like a football while screaming "For the Horde!" or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •