Thread: Snowy Owl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought it would spawn on 1 Nov instead of 22 Sep?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    I made a ticket about this as well, and the GM told me Azeroth winter started at 1 november.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Just 2 seasons? 20th March and 22th Sep? wtf this retarded GM talking about?

Qiraji Guardling that spawns during SUMMER but did NOT spawn until late june says Hi!

Blossoming Ancient that changes appearance 4 times/year says Hi! also

/facepalm
    Blossoming Ancient likely changes color according to real life seasons, not the seasons in game.

Who knows.... maybe the Guardling and Owl "can" start spawning as early as March and Sept but it is rare and they spawn much more often in the middle of the season.

Deleted
    I made a ticket about this and GM said start of Azeroth winter is from november 1st.

It doesn't surprise me they're not up. The respawn rate is low. There are not many spawns either. Even on a low pop realm chances are someone phased themselves before you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    Who knows.... maybe the Guardling and Owl "can" start spawning as early as March and Sept but it is rare and they spawn much more often in the middle of the season.
    No. There were no guardlings prior to late June. None. I know there were quite a bit of messages on GC's twitter back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I merged the two threads about the Snowy Owl because we really don't need two threads about Snowy Owls.

Thank you for providing proof, it's much appreciated!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't exactly say if the GM was right or wrong. But for the guardling, a GM said it would spawn on the first day of the Summer solstice. which turned out to be 100% correct. So you might want to check for them on the first day of the autumnal equinox, which in 2013 according to google is Sept 22 in the northern hemisphere (USA).

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I made a ticket about this as well, and the GM told me Azeroth winter started at 1 november.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    thats from 28 august 2013.

stuff.
    alot of things can change in one month.

This ticket doesn't prove anything.Did anyone actually found any spawns after November 1 st? Because i don't see anyone replying to this thread saying "Dudes i don't know what are you talking about got that pet an hour ago".....

Deleted
    alot of things can change in one month.
    I don't know from when your ticket response was.

I don't know from when your ticket response was.
    20 minutes before posting it here
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-11-03 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    20 minutes before posting it here
    thank you. Lets hope its accurate!

At this point, I don't care what any GM says. I just want proof from SOMEONE that they have caught the Snowy Owl since Nov. 1 has come around. All I see in this forum is "This GM said this" or "The winter solstice starts on this date," etc. If no one has caught it yet (I have been camping it on and off since the 1st and have yet to see it or evidence that it spawns), then that's all I care about, and will stop wasting my time, flying around Winterspring, looking for a pet that isn't available yet.

Snowy owl

Are these pets spawn yet or am i so unlucky or blind that i can't find one even if i'm flying all over Winterspring for many many hours?

It's not winter yet, I don't think. They only spawn during the winter months.

Deleted
    Last year they spawned 1st November, 12 am. This year Blizzard apparently changed it to December (don't know a date). I was farming it as well, didn't see even one. They're only 1st pets, so don't bother killing others - they also don't share spawns.

I'd watch on either 1st December or 21st December.

Quote Originally Posted by tioz View Post
    Last year they spawned 1st November, 12 am. This year Blizzard apparently changed it to December (don't know a date). I was farming it as well, didn't see even one. They're only 1st pets, so don't bother killing others - they also don't share spawns.

I'd watch on either 1st December or 21st December.
    This is from the wowhead snowy owl's page (is the GM's reply to a support ticket):

"Hey there!

Thanks for your patience! The Kor'kron have been rampaging all over the office the last few days and I'm pretty sure they got into the coffee.

Good question about the Snowy Owl! This year, with patch 5.3, it and the Qiraji Guardling spawns changed so that they match up with the real-life calendar days for Winter and Summer, respectively.

Thus, the Snowy Owl has not begun spawning on any server, and will not until Winter officially begins in the real world (Northern Hemisphere, to be precise). From that, you should be able to see approximately when this will begin (hint: December 21st for 2013). Then you'll know when to go out and catch that feathery little guy!

Hope you have an awesome day! Thanks again for contacting me. "

So we must wait until december... =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevize View Post
    Thus, the Snowy Owl has not begun spawning on any server, and will not until Winter officially begins in the real world (Northern Hemisphere, to be precise). From that, you should be able to see approximately when this will begin (hint: December 21st for 2013).
    In the REAL world, winter starts 1/12, NOT 21/12....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/