Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Wasn't it explained what he saw? in Phase 3 starts he says this:
    "The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL... HAVE... MY... WORLD!"

I don't think he was shown anything other than what he really wanted and what the heart of Y'shaarj empowered him to see.
    Could be true! I forgot about that other quote. I don't really have a counter-point to keep this thread of discussion going, but I do think it's really interesting that the old god would show Garrosh a future based on his own desires. Why do some old gods threaten while others lure with the promise of power?
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    Could be true! I forgot about that other quote. I don't really have a counter-point to keep this thread of discussion going, but I do think it's really interesting that the old god would show Garrosh a future based on his own desires. Why do some old gods threaten while others lure with the promise of power?
    But provoking Garrosh more with visions of what he really wants will spur him on even more and cause even more chaos. would be my guess

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Citing the Puzzle Box and saying Azshara is like citing Wrathion and saying the Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Did we ever get the answer to where Pandaria's enchanted waters came from?
    Yes.
    The Titans used those waters to create all sorts of life, these waters were put in test zones such as the Vale in order to study how the water would influence creatures and increase their intelligence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    I think it is because all Old Gods are different and have different motives and tactics.

C'thun is the Old God of Chaos, and as his name implies he just likes to cause as much chaos as possible. It makes sense that the Twilight Hammer are in league with C'thun most of all, since the Twilight Cult likes to stir up the populations of major cities as seen in the pre-Cataclysm event.

Yogg-saron is the Old God of Death, and thus it makes sense he is involved with Northrend and the Lich King. Heck, even his own 'death' is going according to some kind of bigger plan he has.

Then there is Y'shaarj, we don't know his actual title but it certainly has something to do with emotions. All the Sha are based on negative emotions, and Garrosh is shown visions based on his desires. So I think we can say that Y'shaarj plays on that to cause mayhem. Old God of 'insert something about emotions'?

And then there is N'zoth. Now, we don't know a whole lot about him. But apparently both Deathwing and Azshara are/were his puppets. So maybe some kind of Old God of Destruction?

And then there is the last Old God (If I recall correctly there are 5), which we haven't heard anything of so far.

Yeah, that's basically my theory. They all have different motives and tactics to reach their goals. It answers your question why some Old Gods threaten and why some lure with the promise of power. They're all different.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2013-11-01 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Snip
    Great summary! I kind of had an idea like this in my head when I asked the question, but you explained it beautifully.
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Deleted
    I find the "Rebuild Final Titan" thingy very interesting, here's my idea on the matter:

Aggramar is "the most recent" Titan yes, he who replaced Sargeras and is now tasked with doing Sargeras' job: To fight the Legion and it's Demonic taint. Aggramar's sword is actually half the sword Gorshalach, from which Sargeras wields the other half. It appears Aggramar "Desires this weapon greatly, but has not yet had the courage to confront Sargeras" (Wowpedia) It is also said that "Few on Azeroth know of Aggramar. Champions on numerous worlds revere him and cry his name as they charge into battle against the Burning Legion."

But what if, unbeknownst to us, Aggramar has faced Sargeras, but fell in combat, although not without severely injuring Sargeras. This could also refer to Sargeras' failure and Kil'jaeden taking over. In order to defeat the Legion and Sargeras forever, we must rebuild him in order to emerge victorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is because all Old Gods are different and have different motives and tactics.

C'thun is the Old God of Chaos, and as his name implies he just likes to cause as much chaos as possible. It makes sense that the Twilight Hammer are in league with C'thun most of all, since the Twilight Cult likes to stir up the populations of major cities as seen in the pre-Cataclysm event.

Yogg-saron is the Old God of Death, and thus it makes sense he is involved with Northrend and the Lich King. Heck, even his own 'death' is going according to some kind of bigger plan he has.

Then there is Y'shaarj, we don't know his actual title but it certainly has something to do with emotions. All the Sha are based on negative emotions, and Garrosh is shown visions based on his desires. So I think we can say that Y'shaarj plays on that to cause mayhem. Old God of 'insert something about emotions'?

And then there is N'zoth. Now, we don't know a whole lot about him. But apparently both Deathwing and Azshara are/were his puppets. So maybe some kind of Old God of Destruction?

And then there is the last Old God (If I recall correctly there are 5), which we haven't heard anything of so far.

Yeah, that's basically my theory. They all have different motives and tactics to reach their goals. It answers your question why some Old Gods threaten and why some lure with the promise of power. They're all different.
    very well said i agree

Geez, you're a busy bee :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    It is standing right behind you... Do not move... Do not breathe...
    And this sounds just plain scary..

10+ Year Old Account

It's well established that they all are fighting for power in their own way, and have their own ambitions and means to attain them. Like I quoted before, Yogg-Saron and C'thun were actually at war with N'zoth before the arrival of the Titans, fighting for power and for the sake of fighting, one might assume.

The number of Old Gods actually changes quite frequently in WoW lore. I believe originally in the "Shattering.." record there were 5 mentioned, ingame we have only seen 4 with C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'zoth and Y'rsaaj. Some sources actually quote "4" being the number.

Before this comes up: there is no Old God in Darkshore. That turned out to be a Faceless One. There is no Old God under Lordaeron. That turned out to be "something, to be determined at some point when we need it" (loosely paraphrased Dev quote from about 2 months ago).

The only other Old God that might still exist based on current ingame references may be Ny'alotha, however the wording of the puzzlebox hints and Y'rsaaj's whispers seem to hint more at a place. Unless it's as I postulated, a city/place that IS an Old God.

And of course, "Azeroth" might be the 5th and "final" Old God, or Titan. Maybe it also "rests in Ny'alotha"?

So currently known: 4
    Possible number based on evidence so far: 5
    Last edited by miffy23; 2013-11-01 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's well established that they all are fighting for power in their own way, and have their own ambitions and means to attain them. Like I quoted before, Yogg-Saron and C'thun were actually at war with N'zoth before the arrival of the Titans, fighting for power and for the sake of fighting, one might assume.

The number of Old Gods actually changes quite frequently in WoW lore. I believe originally in the "Shattering.." record there were 5 mentioned, ingame we have only seen 4 with C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'zoth and Y'rsaaj. Some sources actually quote "4" being the number.

Before this comes up: there is no Old God in Darkshore. That turned out to be a Faceless One. There is no Old God under Lordaeron. That turned out to be "something, to be determined at some point when we need it" (loosely paraphrased Dev quote from about 2 months ago).

The only other Old God that might still exist based on current ingame references may be Ny'alotha, however the wording of the puzzlebox hints and Y'rsaaj's whispers seem to hint more at a place. Unless it's as I postulated, a city/place that IS an Old God.

And of course, "Azeroth" might be the 5th and "final" Old God, or Titan. Maybe it also "rests in Ny'alotha"?

So currently known: 4
    Possible number based on evidence so far: 5
    Its conclusions like this that make old gods such an interesting part of the story of WoW. There is a whole lot of interest in this topic that people hover and anaylize every ounce of information they can to try and figure out what is going on. Good stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling that N'zoth might not actually be exclusively underwater but rather somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms. I mean with the Twilight Hammer setting up their bastion there with an Orge Magi who served the Old Gods and the Naga claiming a hold on a large part of the coast suggest that as well as carrying out the mission for why they were there, they may be protecting something such as their master from being found. Also I speculate that Ny'alotha is either an Old God citadel at the centre of Azeroth where the final fifth one reins free trapped beneath the surface of Azeroth's Titan matrix or Azeroth is actually a slumbering Old God and Ny'alotha is the centre of the vast creature which the titans couldn't kill otherwise they would destroy the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I have a feeling that N'zoth might not actually be exclusively underwater but rather somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms. I mean with the Twilight Hammer setting up their bastion there with an Orge Magi who served the Old Gods and the Naga claiming a hold on a large part of the coast suggest that as well as carrying out the mission for why they were there, they may be protecting something such as their master from being found. Also I speculate that Ny'alotha is either an Old God citadel at the centre of Azeroth where the final fifth one reins free trapped beneath the surface of Azeroth's Titan matrix or Azeroth is actually a slumbering Old God and Ny'alotha is the centre of the vast creature which the titans couldn't kill otherwise they would destroy the planet.
    The Bastion of Twilight is there because it's Sinestra's roost

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

I'm not sure if it was entirely for power, rather more of the latter that you mentioned. I think the Old Gods were fighting one another's forces just for the heck of it really. Someone on these forums ( I forget who ) compared it to two kids smashing their hot wheels cars together for the fun of it, which I thought was a perfect analogy.

I'm really glad you brought up the thought that Ny'alotha could be a city/place that is an Old God, as that is something I have been considering as well. "In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things." That line has always stuck out to me, suggesting that the city ITSELF sleeps.

As for the whole "we've already had 3 Old God expansions," that's a load of bull in my opinion. The points behind each expansion have already been hashed out in this thread, so I won't restate it. Give me the full forms of each Old God, not just these bits and pieces of them that we've supposedly "killed" (which I don't believe we have), working together with an entire force of faceless ones and aqir at their disposal, THEN I'll call that an "Old God expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyoung638 View Post
    Give me the full forms of each Old God, not just these bits and pieces of them that we've supposedly "killed" (which I don't believe we have), working together with an entire force of faceless ones and aqir at their disposal, THEN I'll call that an "Old God expansion."
    I would love this. I'm done playing whack-a-mole with old gods. Haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Plot twist: There was one old god, titans killed him. Now we have 5 of them.
    /thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyE-9iUise8 ?