Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    LFA - don't have an Arena partner? No need to worry any longer, now you can queue through this new amazing tool and meet friends from all around your realm!
    (it been noted that only something like the top 1% of wows entire population is enjoying the 2200 bracket, this must be fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    (it been noted that only something like the top 1% of wows entire population is enjoying the 2200 bracket, this must be fixed)
    And..why is this a problem? It's not like you're missing out on something, it's the exact same content, just against "better" teams.
    If you make 2200 easier the 1% will just move up to 3800 rating or whatever.

Still, some more rewards for lower ratings would help people get into arena I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    RIDEABLE DRUIDS
    calling it now.

wait, what do you mean it was implemented last expansion?--

fudge....

TAMEABLE DRUIDS! CALLING IT NOW!
    Hunters used to be able to tame druids back in vanilla wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I wouldn't be too surprised if it was either Spectator mode or Skirmishes... more likely the latter.
    This is my thought, though Spectator mode I think might be more likely, they will show it off during to tournament.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would really like pvp scenarios. Think quick 10 min matches with 3-10 players and pvp objectives possibly mixed with some kill the enemy captain pve objectives.

First win of the day +200 honor and 50 conquest.
    Second+ win +75 honor and 20 conquest points.

Plus think of the bags of gold=D.
    Isn't that just random BGs...

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    And..why is this a problem? It's not like you're missing out on something, it's the exact same content, just against "better" teams.
    If you make 2200 easier the 1% will just move up to 3800 rating or whatever.

Still, some more rewards for lower ratings would help people get into arena I guess.
    it was a joke ^^

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Does it have to be pvp related just because hes lead pvp designer?
    That's what i wonder. but hinting things that aren't related to him would probably be frowned apon

I hope it's warrior nerf.. /sarcasm

It is going to be solo matchmaking for PvP. Probably not in arena, but in battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    Isn't that just random BGs...
    No, they would have stages and objectives just like scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    It is going to be solo matchmaking for PvP. Probably not in arena, but in battlegrounds.
    That would be fantastic tbh. Im pretty terrible at pvp, and i would like the chance to get better against people of equal skill, and not people that 4 shot me.

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was either Spectator mode or Skirmishes... more likely the latter.
    Why they removed the latter in the first place still continues to boggle my mind after 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Dungeon scaling probably.

I respectfully disagree. Holinka came into the job when MoP was already in place, meaning he couldn't change any of the major mechanics that were already there. He also joined when BM Hunters were 1shotting with pets and Warriors had 5 stack TfB and gag order.

Since then, he has increased resilience, increased battle fatigue (thus slowing down the pace of PvP), brought in conquest catch-up, brought in cross-realm arenas, pushed for hundreds of PVP related balance tweaks and generally made PVP more enjoyable.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but Holinka is doing a fantastic job at the moment. He is also promoting a lot of PvP tournaments.
    No he's doing terrible, This is why.

On his watch 5.1 warriors stayed overpowered, he made 5.2 rogues happen, he made 5.3 ret hunter and enh and ele happen. He made 5.4 warriors happen.

This guy "doing a fantastic job at the moment" Let all of that happen clearly he's good and know what he's doing....

This bar none has been the worst pvp expansion ever made. And he's been at the helm of it....

The worst part about all this is this them trying to make pvp better......

Sure he's got 1 or 2 things right but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

And before someone tries to point blame somewhere else remember a lot of these problems showed up from pvp only changes. And yes some problems were caused by pve changes but enough of both that all of them are to blame. Which shows their whole team has no idea what to do with pvp and as further proof of this they inv'd all those pvp'ers to blizzard for ideas because all of their are bad.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-11-01 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    And before someone tries to point blame somewhere else remember a lot of these problems showed up from pvp only changes. And yes some problems were caused by pve changes but enough of both that all of them are to blame. Which shows their whole team has no idea what to do with pvp and as further proof of this they inv'd all those pvp'ers to blizzard for ideas because all of their are bad.
    The PvP summit was actually just a meeting where Blizzard showed the PvP players what they have planned and what they have already done with the new expansion/patch to get feedback about it. Nobody is sure yet exactly what was said because there hasn't been a 'press release' yet... but I'll bet you any money you like that they didn't invite them there to get 'good ideas'.

The problem Holinka has is that he can only do so much. Blizzard have openly stated that World of Warcraft 'is a PvE game', and that PvP is secondary to PvE, so I imagine it is extremely hard for him to push changes that might negatively impact peoples fun in PvE... even if it's vastly imbalanced for PvP.

The problem Holinka has is that he can only do so much..
    What he has done for the most part made the game worse...

I'm not saying no positives come out of mop but its about 95% train wreck as far as pvp goes. And blizzard including holinka caused it.

The difference here is blizzard caused every op class that happened in mop. In the past it was normally scaling or pve gear. Look at s11 rogues nothing at all changed with them from s10 to s11 but scaling and pve gear caused that. Same stuff happened in wrath and bc with different classes. Now look at mop every single op class was created by changes of the latest patch nothing just happened to happen like before. And you can't blame pve for it all many many pvp only class changes happened and we know who's in charge of those.

Blizzard and holinka tried to change many things for pvp this expansion 95% was a massive failure. You should be scared to what holinka is going to do with the next expansion after this train wreck. You can blame pve for dmg and healing but the toolkit changes those are pvp based.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-11-01 at 07:39 PM.

What he has done for the most part made the game worse...
    I fail to see what he has done that has made the game worse. Balance wise the game is probably in the best state it's ever been. Last season too. If you ignore S11 Stampede and TfB Warriors, this expansion is by far the most balanced expansion yet.

I fail to see what he has done that has made the game worse. Balance wise the game is probably in the best state it's ever been. Last season too. If you ignore S11 Stampede and TfB Warriors, this expansion is by far the most balanced expansion yet.
    So nothing sticks out in your mind about 5.2 5.3 or 5.4 huh this is where I see you don't really play this game.

Every patch has added some new broken overpowered class caused by the changes they made for pvp. Or for 5.4 the same one as s12....

This has been the worst expansion for balance yet.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-11-01 at 07:48 PM.

I'm guessing it will be a new BG queue where you can be assigned to either faction. This is really the only solution to BG imbalances like AV, IoC, and the horde-dominated ones.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    So nothing sticks out in your mind about 5.2 5.3 or 5.4 huh this is where I see you don't really play this game.

Every patch has added some new broken overpowered class caused by the changes they made for pvp. Or for 5.4 the same one as s12....

This has been the worst expansion for balance yet.

Every patch there will be a 'op' spec, that is no difference. But he has increased the quality of life for pvp. If you mentioned 'The crowd chooses you' buff,you would be correct, but you make bad choice of argument. I do not think any reasonable person would disagree with you that CCY buff was horrible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Every patch there will be a 'op' spec, that is no difference.
    No its pretty big difference there. If you know the history of the pvp seasons and what changes were made or not made you'd see the difference in mop and past expansions on that.

No its pretty big difference there. If you know the history of the pvp seasons and what changes were made or not made you'd see the difference in mop and past expansions on that.
    While no one is happy that takes so long to tone down a class that is obviously too powerful, there have been far more changes that have benefitted PvP. This expansion may be the onle one that I don't feel obligated to do PvE in order to be successful in PvP. That alone is huge. Holinka is also making an effort to make PvP more accessible, increasing the PvP playerbase giving the arena brackets more depth. Hell, maybe if we get enough people PvPing, the rest of the dev team will be more inclined to take PvP balance into consideration when making PvE changes.