Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Just /facepalm to the last few posters. If you can't tell the difference in the in someone creating the imbalances and the imbalances just happening to happen there nothing to say. What changes did blizzard make to rogues for s11 from s10? What was the new big op class of s10? Most of the imbalances were caused by pve gear and classes scaling up to much by the end of expansions. End of bc pve gear, end of wrath pve gear, end of cata pve gear hmmmm.

Thats not to say they never directly caused pvp issues before they have but never on this scale. This game has always been unbalanced I just pointed out the difference in the causes and blizzard themselves causing every op thing every patch is very very bad. Because it shows they have no idea what to do with any class in pvp and them trying only makes things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    The amount of bots that will emerge from that idea makes me want to quit.
    IMO, it probably wouldn't matter. Bots would just filter to the bottom under 1200 rating with all the AFKers. More likely though, they will just announce a separate random BG queue for people with all their honor gear.

"Solo queue for things like random battlegrounds puts you with a group of people that feel disposable, as you will never see them again. The other players almost feel like a tool for you to get your reward rather than people you can make connections with. This leads to poor player behavior. That being said, there may be room for a player that is honor capped and wants a higher level of play from a solo queue. This could be something like Heroic Battlegrounds, which would be for players who have the full honor gear set."
    5.4 Developer Interviews, Swifty and Hotted, 8/25/13
    Q: And random BG's is swarmed with bot's. i'm not even start talking about this.
    "I'll just touch on it quickly and say that we are constantly dealing with the issue of bots and are doing everything we can to lower and remove the impact they have on your experience in World of Warcraft. Also; if bots are something that concerns you in random BG's, then creating a queuing system for rated BG's would also feed this across to the conquest grind as well. We understand that there are benefits behind having a queue for rated BG's and that there are people that would like to see this implemented, but we also feel that there are more positives than negatives behind keeping it restricted to premade groups only. This is not to say that the discussion is closed, we greatly appreciate any feedback that you have on the subject."
    Nakatoir, Official Forums, 5/9/13
    Last edited by Golden; 2013-11-04 at 06:26 PM. Reason: grammar

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Leonhardt View Post
    My hopes are pinned on City Sieges, my belief is that it won't be overwhelming, though. :\
    Look how Wintergrasp/isle of conquest has worked out so far..

nooeeeuuu thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Look how Wintergrasp/isle of conquest has worked out so far..

nooeeeuuu thank you!
    WG was awesome if you ask me.

Why do people want a random queue for rated battlegrounds?

So they can get conquest faster?
    So they can get their 1400 title faster?

I don't get it.

Just do a random battleground. It's the same thing you're asking for.

Deleted
    Hope its looting players! (they lose gear if they die) please please please..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    New feature: GC quits. That would be nice.
    GC is a giant troll, if ever he quits before WoW dies - I fully expect him to be reappear a week later and say "Just kidding! TROLOLOLOL"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

I don't get it.

My guess is they want their Conquest faster, which is a valid desire because it's absurd how long it takes to cap ><
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

That "Fake leak" that was spammed all over mmo and sol yesterday mentioned City Sieges, I wouldn't mind that.

I don't get it.

I think it's two reasons.
    1. Random BGs mainly reward Honor and after 2 weeks of casual play you can get all the honor gear. It takes a lot of hours each week to try to cap Conquest from just random BGs. I wonder how many players just quit PvPing after 2 weeks?
    2. Random BGs are like trying to play a sport that has no sports leagues.

I've used oQueue for a long time to form PUG groups for RBGs. The personal rating in RBGs works great to solve a lot of problems:
    1. Bots and AFKers settle to the bottom of the ratings away from players (i.e. sub 1200 rating).
    2. The better you play, the better teams you are allowed on. And, if you don't play well, wouldn't you rather learn on a team that is in the same boat as you...and against a team that isn't way better than you? It's hard to learn when your team is getting graveyard camped.
    3. If I put a PUG team together that averages a 1700 rating and the queuing system puts us up against a 1700 rated pre-made, the game is still going to be very close. Their team got to 1700 rating using voice comm's and calling targets, my team got to 1700 without them. It ends up being fair.
    4. Random BGs are not fair at all. One game, through luck, you will get a good team and 4 cap your opponent. The next game, through luck, you get a crappy team and your opponent 4 caps you. It can be a frustrating roller coaster that's all about luck.

At the very least, it would be nice if they used a hidden personal rating for players in random BGs just to form better PUG groups (i.e. not so random).

I agree with everyone saying pvp is balanced right now. That doesn't mean it's fun. It's balanced because everyone has equally ridiculous cc and burst. But it is not fun. CC and swifty macro and if it fails wait 2-3 minutes and repeat is lame. Also, healing someone to full in 2 seconds is lame.
    To make pvp fun again they need to tone down damage and healing A LOT (i'm talking a base 90% resil at least), remove every instant cast cc in the game, and cut out about half the instant cast spells. In vanilla there were almost no instant cast spells and that was some of the most pvp fun I've ever had (and i played a warlock).
    Side note: This is also why ranged are better in pve atm.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    solo RBG queueing!
    that would be great, but won't come before 6.x

Cause the nerds that got their achievs and titles the common way, need that crap all as a "feat of strenght" by blizz logic.

Blizz never understood what bgs actually made popular, it was quing independently solo or in small groups, they misunderstand that this should be organized. It should only require very small groups or just a ilvl and mmr check.

New feature: PvP balance =) ha, that'll never happen.

I don't get it.

because for the tiles, the mounts, the increased conquest points and for enjoyment. Organized RBG pugs and guilds do not provide that. All RBG guilds that i know at my server quitted for good after a while. No one enjoyed it and it was too much hassle to organize and i never met one who really likes TC. I played it both as a healer and dk and it was pretty relaxing as a healer, maybe you are one of them. I think this only exists for them. The real pvp is still found in arenas(sort of)

I hope it is something like WvW in Gw2. If that was brought into WoW I would never stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    No he's doing terrible, This is why.

On his watch 5.1 warriors stayed overpowered, he made 5.2 rogues happen, he made 5.3 ret hunter and enh and ele happen. He made 5.4 warriors happen.

This guy "doing a fantastic job at the moment" Let all of that happen clearly he's good and know what he's doing....

This bar none has been the worst pvp expansion ever made. And he's been at the helm of it....

The worst part about all this is this them trying to make pvp better......

Sure he's got 1 or 2 things right but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

And before someone tries to point blame somewhere else remember a lot of these problems showed up from pvp only changes. And yes some problems were caused by pve changes but enough of both that all of them are to blame. Which shows their whole team has no idea what to do with pvp and as further proof of this they inv'd all those pvp'ers to blizzard for ideas because all of their are bad.
    I know this is a rather old post by forum standards but...

For the record on the bolded part, nothing ever happened in terms of Elemental Shamans, all those "nerfs" that went into place on PTR never made it to live, and notice how Elemental isn't an issue anymore? I always stress this to my PvP Friends, the reason everyone had such an issue with them is because they were rarely seen in PvP and then out of no where became FotM and no one knew how to counter them, so they kicked butt for a few days.I would imagine its the same with alot of other classes, including current tiers Warriors. This is coming from someone who was surprised to see his class not get hit with a heavy nerf hammer in 5.4. In terms of balance, the current state is bad yes, but not near as bad as in the past. I would say it ranks up there at the moment in terms of best balanced content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would really like pvp scenarios. Think quick 10 min matches with 3-10 players and pvp objectives possibly mixed with some kill the enemy captain pve objectives.

First win of the day +200 honor and 50 conquest.
    Second+ win +75 honor and 20 conquest points.

Plus think of the bags of gold=D.
    How is that different from bg's though?
    AV had and still has to an extent, the possibility to kill captains/commanders.

I can't think of anything interesting pvp related, they would announce. Other than spectator arena. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    I know this is a rather old post by forum standards but...

nothing ever happened in terms of Elemental Shamans, all those "nerfs" that went into place on PTR never made it to live, and notice how Elemental isn't an issue anymore?
    Warriors happened they are keeping every caster but mages down. And technically they are also keeping mages down but they are overpowered enough to stay in top comps.

Also with hybrids when its healing spec is doing good you see less of the dps specs and vice versa. As this game is seeing less and less players everyday which means there are only so many of each class and thats why its like that. Also when a switch happens it makes the other specs look worse than they are because its the same players playing a different spec.

For example look at resto vs ele 5.3 vs 5.4 with as you said no changes to ele.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-11-06 at 06:27 AM.