Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No vanilla servers, never

"Have you ever thought about adding servers for previous expansions"

"No."

Best news we've had all day

Nope, we're getting vanilla servers on the yak.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

Why would they.

If you want old servers then play on private or something.

this has been known for ages, blizzards stance has always been a solid No on it.
    Too cool for a signature

There are some pretty decent private realms out there.

Confirmed to replace the reforge vendor on the yak.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

I mean they did say that years ago, and have been saying that. Maybe since they said it at Blizzcon people will listen, and not go home and make another thread about it.

Part of me is happy they aren't looking back to it, another part of me would like to see peoples' reactions once they find out the "glory days" weren't as glorious as they remembered them to be.

Okay, it was very good for what it was back then, I was mind blown going into it, but Vanilla had some design elements which would be frowned upon by today's standards, like the intentional spec imbalance, no choices whatsoever, tedious grinding for reputation and resistance gear, etc. It was fun back then, but it's not something that'd be enjoyed by the majority today.

What are you talking about, they just confirmed vanilla servers -.-

Excuse me, are you saying something? Nah, you can't tell me nothing

So your happy that they arent adding something a lot of people would find enjoyable?

What does that make you as a person.

And yeah, they can do whatever, if I want to play it theres a million private servers.

Now we wait for the inevitable butthurt fanboy to cry havoc and opening up a petition.

*fiddlethumbs*
    3DS FC for Pokémon: 4210-3974-8429: Trainer name : Roy, PM me if you have added me
    Friend Safari: Pansage/Ivysaur/Quilladin

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So your happy that they arent adding something a lot of people would find enjoyable?

Pretty content.

And yeah, they can do whatever, if I want to play it theres a million private servers.
    Devoting unneeded time and resources to something a very, very small chunk of people would find enjoyable for more than 2 months.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy they're not doing that.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Good news! Now vanilla servers are as unlikely as neutral races, pve->pvp transfers, and faction changes!

Well about 98% of the people who say they want old servers never actually played back then. Or it's rose tinted glasses.

This, I guess the OPs sad reaction sums up the vanilla haters on these forums quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Pretty content.
    I would be blunt with you, but im trying to limit my infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Devoting unneeded time and resources to something a very, very small chunk of people would find enjoyable for more than 2 months.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy they're not doing that.
    Private servers say otherwise. But hey! If were going down that path of "logic" I guess pet battles and HC raiding should be removed from the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Well about 98% of the people who say they want old servers never actually played back then. Or it's rose tinted glasses.
    And about 87% of posters are pink elephants.

(see I can make up abitrary figures and baseless comparisons too)

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    This, I guess the OPs sad reaction sums up the vanilla haters on these forums quite well.
    Vanilla isn't "hated."

Vanilla IS done and over with.

Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Private servers say otherwise. But hey! If were going down that path of "logic" I guess pet battles and HC raiding should be removed from the game!
    You have any numbers on how many people use private servers?

Didn't think so.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And about 87% of posters are pink elephants.

(see I can make up abitrary figures and baseless comparisons too)

Except your statistics are probably about the same number of people who wouldn't like old servers. Rose tinted glasses son.

I'll be very much impressed if there is a single private server out there that can handle the stress of what EU-Draenor/Stormscale/Lightning's Blade gets thrown at them on a daily basis. But this is not the place to discuss that.
    3DS FC for Pokémon: 4210-3974-8429: Trainer name : Roy, PM me if you have added me
    Friend Safari: Pansage/Ivysaur/Quilladin