Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you think the plot for the Warcraft film will be?

Obviously this is all speculation, since there's no concrete evidence to suggest what the plot or setting might be.
    All we know is who may or may not be starring in the film:
    Paula Patton (close to a deal)
    Colin Farrell
    Paul Dano
    Travis Fimmel (also close to a deal)
    Anson Mount
    Anton Yelchin

What do you think? Personally, I like to think it should take place around the time of Warcraft, and follow the events of Khadgar and Medivh. Start at the beginning and introduce an audience without the knowledge of the Warcraft mythology with the first details-Sargeras' activites, the First War, the Opening of the Dark Portal.

But I'd like to know what are your ideas for the film's story? Bear in mind confusion for a first-time audience-so Arthas' story, as great as it is, might leave people confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever the plot, it will no doubt be a continuation of the last 9 years of WoW Alliance Favorism...

Orcs, goblins, trolls etc will most likely only exist to be slaughtered, and Varian and Jaina will (somehow) be portrayed as heroes, not the villains they really are..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    we know that the plot will revolve around lore before "world of warcraft", personally i think they will do as a first film, either the war of the ancients, or, they will do a film which shows how both horde and alliance came into being, because alot of the lore doesn't make sense to non fans unless u know what each faction is there for, and how it affects each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    What do you think? Personally, I like to think it should take place around the time of Warcraft, and follow the events of Khadgar and Medivh. Start at the beginning and introduce an audience without the knowledge of the Warcraft mythology with the first details-Sargeras' activites, the First War, the Opening of the Dark Portal.

But I'd like to know what are your ideas for the film's story? Bear in mind confusion for a first-time audience-so Arthas' story, as great as it is, might leave people confused.
    Wasn't it already confirmed to be guardian focused?

I read a summary of the plot from an internal source - it will be surrounding the opening of the Dark Portal (which may be the title)/First War and will have the characters Medivh, Khadgar (Guardian battles), Lothar, King Lllane, Guldan, Durotan, Garona, etc

Was a bit disappointed, was hoping it would cover some new aspect of the story we hadn't seen yet

Not sure what i think.. but i would like it to be the start of the scourge and Arthas turning into the lichking.

A group of young and talented upstarts from well to do backgrounds bend the rules and get wrapped up in a stirring bit of intrigue with disastrous consequences. The group is left splintered with old friendships frayed. In the end a male character who is an alternate love interest for the only important female role breaks completely with the group and goes rogue. He is shocked and upset that none of his friends side with him and that his rival gets the girl, this only serves to strengthen his resolve.

I think it will be focused around Medivh and the Dark Portal as the movie is supposedly guardian focused.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Whatever the plot, it will no doubt be a continuation of the last 9 years of WoW Alliance Favorism...

Orcs, goblins, trolls etc will most likely only exist to be slaughtered, and Varian and Jaina will (somehow) be portrayed as heroes, not the villains they really are..
    I can never tell if this kinds of posts are serious or not. If so, I would have to greatly disagree. I would imagine it will be told from the alliance point of view, however.

If this movie turns out to be a generic action/adventure/fantasy movie with cheesy rock music I'm going to be pissed.

Apparently Guardians all get a special tattoo.

Lothar, Medivh and Khadgar.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the more recent rumors was that it would essentially be an adaptation of The Last Guardian, with a few changes.

If the teaser trailer is any reflection on what the final project will be like, we may see some Outland, lots of humans and orcs fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by cryptic662 View Post
    That's literally just the description from Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. Even if it's a legit casting call, I wouldn't assume it to be an accurate overview of the film's plot.

Especially since the bulk of Arthas' story is restricted to human vs undead, with a tiny bit of Illidan and a handful of blood elves. Like, pretty much no orcs or trolls at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put my money on The Arthas story. It is the BEST story WOW has.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Oh look, a retarded post.

Anyways, if someone hasn't already said it yet: It's 'confirmed' (for now) that it's going to be centered on Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I put my money on The Arthas story. It is the BEST story WOW has.
    Garrosh's story/character > Arthas' story/character.

10+ Year Old Account

Haha, coming from a guy with all horde toons. The Horde (in particular Orcs) are a major part of every xpac, especially this one...stop complaining.

Deleted
    its just gotta be the story of Arthas, mainly because he is a human so the audience can emphasise with him at points

15+ Year Old Account
    If it is the Last Guardian, I swear I will probably scream like a 13-year old Justin Bieber fan.

I've said this before, but the Last Guardian novel is definitely one of the best written WoW novels, if not the best. It would work fantastic on screen. We have mystery, we have comedy, and we have (some) action. It provides something the audience can sympathize with (Khadgar killing his former Master and friend). It also provides the opportunity for direct sequels.

Jesus... just imagining the final scene where the resurrected Medivh returns to Karazhan gives me chills. I would kill to see that scene on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportantLoreInformation View Post
    Oh look, a retarded post.

Anyways, if someone hasn't already said it yet: It's 'confirmed' (for now) that it's going to be centered on Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh's story/character > Arthas' story/character.
    Funny though that he's absolutely correct.