Best place to find builds

Wonder if anyone can help me. In GW1 it was very easy to find the best builds that people were using (the PvX site), but I've been having a hard time to do that in GW2. There are websites out there, and tons of Youtube videos, but much of it seems outdated or just a random guy's build he made up (and I don't know if its actually good or not).
    Where do you go to find help with builds? (both PvE and PvP)?

I agree that finding a good build website is hard. And some pple might say that in GW2, there's no right or wrong build, just play the way you like it. It's not as competitive as others (let's say WoW)

But still I agree, it would be good to have a website with some builds : leveling - PVE - sPVP - WvW - FOTM

The problem isn't that sites such as PvX don't exist, the main problem is that people simply don't seem to care.
    There's simply no way to make a guaranteed "bis" teambuild, which makes building your toons a lot harder.

Depending on what your team consists of your builds will change (a lot) for instance having a ranger with spotter means that you don't need any additional precision. A warrior brings lots of vuln/might and two banners. Then the question is can the team uphold the might/vuln/... if not maybe you need to change your spec so you give might yourself.

There's a huge difference in GW and GW2 and wow. In wow having a certain class or not won't change much build wise, it'll just increase or decrease DPS.
    In GW you had heroes who could bring w/e you needed or simply work around the things you need due to howmany skills were available and buffs don't really exist.

So those are the reasons why buildsites don't really work in GW2, however people (I for instance) still theorycraft but you have to go with a scenario like "if all boons/debuffs/banners/..." are present build X does most DPS.

Most "serious" dungeon runners calculate their own builds because of this, there are general outlines as to what is "meta" but most of those builds come from 1-2 people who have proven to not be open for discussion in the past.
    If you want to get a basic idea for builds there's http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...l-academy-pve/ and ofc the prof specific threads on this forum but I'm basically the only poster there oh and reddit ofc has people post builds to although my experience is that 99% of those builds are shite.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    only two sites ive found are gw2 guru forum and the official forum but both are rarely updated

Deleted
    I opened a thread in the official forums a couple weeks ago, which was intended to be a collective effort from the community to have links for all popular builds, of every class, for almost all - shit like builds specified for jumping puzzles were obviously left out - game types.

So far I m the only one who has contributed anything at all despite the thread having 3- 4 hundred+ views, which indicates people don't give much of a shit for teamwork over there, although they do want to enjoy the results.

That's one type of arrogance I can't stand, so I stopped putting up new ones. That being said if you have ele, warrior, mesmer, necro, guardian or thief, there is at least one build for you there, though not necessarily for every Pv- aspect.

Check the link
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post3054068

No, he needs help finding the BEST build in GW2. Learn to read before you write.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Deleted
    And what kind of "the best builds that people were using" other than "the most popular builds" do you recognize as "best"?!

You ve learned to use your eyes. Learn to use your brain.

C'mon folks, play nice. OP asked for help, give help. Don't sit in judgement.

it's answers like some of the above that create a hostile community

anyway, I wish there was a PvX type site for GW2. Probably the best resource unfortunately is gw2guru and the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mpif View Post
    And what kind of "the best builds that people were using" other than "the most popular builds" do you recognize as "best"?!

You ve learned to use your eyes. Learn to use your brain.
    Time for a history lesson it seems, very well I like putting lesser beings in their place.

The best builds are the ones that enable you to deal the most damage as a group, this has been agreed on by any serious dungeon runner in the game.

You may recall a very popular guardian build from back in the day made by Strife and the guild DNT, to jog your memory here's the link to the build. A short summary, it's a selfish and useless build designed to survive. It focuses on high vitality and toughness (and some healing) to stay alive get aggro and deal 0 damage.

This build was the meta for a very long time and tbh most guardians still run this sad excuse some people might call a build today.

Back then I called it shit (more than a year ago) and said that the ultimate guardian build is a far superior option. A little while later I had a discussion with one of the members of DNT on this forum regarding how stupid that build is and I went as far as to predict that they'd step away from it completely and use the ultimate guardian build in the end, which funnily enough happens to be the case now.

Given this brief history it should be clear to even the most dimwitted person walking this earth that the most popular build isn't by definition the best build.

BTW: I wasn't addressing you, I was talking to RAWRF who felt the need to respond mockingly to a genuine question. On top of that he failed basic reading comprehension which I just had to highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I stopped reading your drivel right there.
    I'm surprised you're actually able to read, given your post above.

As for the rest, you're not a serious dungeon runner so I won't bother with that.

Too much hostility here. Closing.