Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    We could call them dread knights or something. Like the old Vanguard tank, heavy plate class that wore down foes with stacks of dread.

    yes yes i believe it could work,

    get numbskull (GC) on twitter now and let him know we want it.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    NOW you are thinking outside the box. It is nice to see people say "HOW CAN WE MAKE IT HAPPEN" rather than "NO".
    We've been saying it could work as Shadow Paladins this whole time. As a matter of fact, I agreed that if the spells were made to be shadow spells, only dealing Holy damage to make sure balance wasn't affected, it would make no difference and I'd wholy accept them.

    Your idea that they bend the lore to make Undead Holy Paladins, however, was not good.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    We've been saying it could work as Shadow Paladins this whole time. As a matter of fact, I agreed that if the spells were made to be shadow spells, only dealing Holy damage to make sure balance wasn't affected, it would make no difference and I'd wholy accept them.

    Your idea that they bend the lore to make Undead Holy Paladins, however, was not good.
    This.

    With the current lore we have, Undead wielding the Light need an incredible amount of faith, morality, willpower, whatever, to do it without going insane from the pain. It's even worse for Paladins because they're literal beacons, vessel for the Light. As much as it'd hurt Priests (who barely use it as is) or those healed by it (very rare as well), it'd be ten times worse for an Undead Paladin, since instead of channeling it, it's with them all the time.

    Spontaneously having a ton of dead paladins brought back to life and wielding the Light isn't plausible. If it could have been done, why hasn't it been done before now? The player character I could maybe see. But a ton of NPCs and everything? Where have they been all this time?

    Making them "Shadow Paladins" would fit better, especially with the thematic we have with the Forsaken Priests (and Tauren "Sun Druids," as well, among others). It makes them different from the mind controlled/insane Scarlets and everyone, and still fits. The problem then is making them fit with the gameplay.

    The problem with the idea that was proposed prior is that it's gone against the prior lore and information we have. I'd even say it'd be difficult for Tirion and Uther, maybe even Turalyon, to retain their Light-given powers after death and reanimation. And they're the most powerful Paladins WoW has to offer. Having a ton of NPCs and PCs pop up with the willpower to defy everything breaks the lore. "Shadow" Paladins fits a bit better, if done correctly, instead of the lore-bending idea, proposed earlier.

  4. #204
    Well if a forsaken can be a death knight, meaning that it has been undead twice, then I guess an undead paladin is possible

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    We've been saying it could work as Shadow Paladins this whole time. As a matter of fact, I agreed that if the spells were made to be shadow spells, only dealing Holy damage to make sure balance wasn't affected, it would make no difference and I'd wholy accept them.

    Your idea that they bend the lore to make Undead Holy Paladins, however, was not good.
    I never said to make them undead Holy paladins... or really to bend the light. My point was, call them whatever you want to call them to make yourselves feel better about allowing them lore-wise, but for the purpose of gameplay mechanics, for all intents and purposes, they would be just as much holy as holy undead priest. Lore? No. Mechanics? Yes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Making them "Shadow Paladins" would fit better, especially with the thematic we have with the Forsaken Priests (and Tauren "Sun Druids," as well, among others). It makes them different from the mind controlled/insane Scarlets and everyone, and still fits. The problem then is making them fit with the gameplay.
    This is all I've been saying Find a way to write the lore to make them plausible. I don't care if you wrap them in foil and call them a burrito, I know they are not a real burrito, but the foil and the writing on the foil makes it convincing.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I never said to make them undead Holy paladins... or really to bend the light. My point was, call them whatever you want to call them to make yourselves feel better about allowing them lore-wise, but for the purpose of gameplay mechanics, for all intents and purposes, they would be just as much holy as holy undead priest. Lore? No. Mechanics? Yes.
    Then I don't see why you didn't say that before, instead of bringing up raising previously-devoted Paladins, or insisting 'lore knights' were against you when we were only disproving your suggestion of raising previously-devouted Paladins. Shadow Paladins can just be Forsaken devoted to the Shadow, nothing more to it.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Yes, it's possible.

    There are several examples in game of undead retaining their ability to wield the light.
    A few undead Paladin's exist in Kara, and most notably Lord Zelik in Naxx.

    Ghosts, which are undead have been often seen wielding the light.

    When Forsaken wield the light, it causes them pain, but that's bad ass.
    If a Paladin had such strong constitution to retain it's faith in undeath, and still choose to wield it under extreme pain, that's a truly dedicated Paladin.

    Self mutilation kinda reminds me of some religions that imprint scars on their body with symbols after sinning, it fits perfectly with the Forsaken. That darker, more taboo part of religion/ light.

    The Light causing pain or harm to the wielder, isn't a reason for them not to exist or not to be playable, but simply awesome lore to go along with the race/ class combo, sorta how Belfs have Blood Knights.
    not to mention all those revived paladins in scourgeholme(ice crown glacier)
    besides, there are plenty forsaken priests wielding the light

    it is funny how most people are so confident that it is impossible, although they were present in WotLK
    Last edited by ArcaneFrostFire; 2013-11-04 at 10:48 PM.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Then I don't see why you didn't say that before, instead of bringing up raising previously-devoted Paladins, or insisting 'lore knights' were against you when we were only disproving your suggestion of raising previously-devouted Paladins. Shadow Paladins can just be Forsaken devoted to the Shadow, nothing more to it.
    I've been saying all along that ANYTHING is possible if the lore is written for it. Lore Knights get hung up on the idea that Paladin (gameplay) = Holy (Lore). The two are not mutually exclusive. I was merely demonstrating there are ways to make a Race/Class combo possible without breaking lore. Like Gnome Druids. Gameplay = Mechanical suit which simulates the animal and the spells/attacks. Lore = A small group of curious naturalist engineers on expedition in Anvilmar to study the Druids and their movements. Anything is possible. If you don't like how someone phrases it, tell them how it SHOULD be phrased, and not that it is impossible

  9. #209
    Paladins are immune to the plague. The undead that are priests lore wise are only able to use shadow spec. Like others have said they only reason they have holy and disc spec are due to game play reasons.

  10. #210
    fine, let's just have all classes for all races and say hell to the lore

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    fine, let's just have all classes for all races and say hell to the lore
    Now yer talking!

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    fine, let's just have all classes for all races and say hell to the lore
    Lore can be created.

    It just has to be done well.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  13. #213
    here you can find undead paladins

    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30202#abilities

    Avenger's Shield
    Holy

    Hammer of Injustice
    Rank 4
    Holy

    Unholy Light
    Rank 13
    Holy

  14. #214
    Field Marshal Bloodbaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    52
    EPL is full of them post cata actually.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I feel they should rid of class restrictions altogether. Who cares, if gameplay is good? Leave the lore to the story and not mechanics. It would make the game a hell of a lot easier to balance. If we can justify jumping timelines and revisiting story from ten + years ago, we can justify every race playing every class. Fantasy is fantasy. The game is still standing and we have cow paladins. Some bitched about that, most people didn't give a rat's ass.

  15. #215
    The Patient Kowloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Walled City
    Posts
    296
    I hope so because horde paladins only having to choose blood elf or tauren is pretty meh when you have no DPS increasing racials from either race.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

  16. #216
    When they added Troll Warlocks and Druids I honestly thought Forsaken Paladins would have been added as well. You can't use the Holy magic burns undead theory because Forsaken priests exist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Paladins are immune to the plague. The undead that are priests lore wise are only able to use shadow spec. Like others have said they only reason they have holy and disc spec are due to game play reasons.
    Please look up the Crusader Bridenbrad questline in Icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Paladins are immune to the plague.
    This has only ever been true in Warcraft 3 and primarily to explain Death Knights being former Paladins. The Lich King's plague got better since then considering we've seen examples of infected Paladins and undead Paladins.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    This has only ever been true in Warcraft 3 and primarily to explain Death Knights being former Paladins. The Lich King's plague got better since then considering we've seen examples of infected Paladins and undead Paladins.
    The Plague of Undeath from WC3 is also not the only way to die, and the Lich King is also not the only thing to reanimate corpses. /MINDBLOWN
    "What do you consider your greatest fault?"
    "Honesty."
    "I don't think honesty is a fault."
    "I don't care what you think."

  19. #219
    Field Marshal Bloodbaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The Plague of Undeath from WC3 is also not the only way to die, and the Lich King is also not the only thing to reanimate corpses. /MINDBLOWN
    Could see this being added with the sylvanas hype going on right now.

  20. #220
    Undead creatures using holy power exist in warcraft lore, people are giving examples in this thread all the time (sir zeliek, undead scarlet crusaders in tyrs hand, reanimated crusaders in icecrown and more). Even if lore states it hurts undead to use it, it still doesnt mean its impossible. Saying that after Lich Kings death (or sylvanas, since she died like 3 times already) forsakens ties with the undeath has loosen and more and more forsaken members found they new path in light wouldn't be a bigger lore bend than giving taurens sunwalkers that were created out of nothing. Were there any tauren paladins before sunwalkers? Does it make any sense that a sunwalker has spells like crusder strike (lol what? shouldnt they have a spell called Sunwalkers strike instead? O.o). Allowing forsaken paladins would require less lore butchering (or let's call it nicely - inventing) than allowing tauren paladins.

    TLR - in current state of wow undead paladins are unlikely. With a tiny bit of lore twisting/creating - they would make more sense than sunwalkers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •