Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Unexcorcism, Uncrusader Strike, Unguardian of Kings, Unseal of Light(er, what?)...
    Don't be so literal... it was an example, not a dissertation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure...i think it's not possible, but i remember that every Scarlet Crusader in Tyr's Hand has been turned undead and they were still using holy abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Unexcorcism, Uncrusader Strike, Unguardian of Kings, Unseal of Light(er, what?)...
    Hey, it's not a perfect system, but rarely anything is!

Maybe Blizzard could undo some of those spells
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Don't be so literal... it was an example, not a dissertation.
    Hey, i'm not saying it's bad. Just taking things to their illogical conclusion.

I think it would be interesting if Blizzard actually made the various Paladin orders have different names and graphics for their abilities, so a Holy Cow would have more sun themed abilities while a Human or Dwarf would go with the classic Silver Hand symbolry.(there'd still have to be a general name displayed somewhere to avoid confusion)
    Last edited by huth; 2013-11-04 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Light burning the undead? How can undead be priests using holy spells? Not so into lore so please explain for me
    Undead priests actually use shadow magic to bind their allies' wounds together. There's lore on all this but I cba finding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    Undead priests actually use shadow magic to bind their allies' wounds together. There's lore on all this but I cba finding it.
    They use the Light, but it's pretty damn painful and the Forsaken priesthood has a very high suicide rate, seeing as how they can feel themselves rotting (and they can taste and smell it, and also feel various insects and bacteria consuming their dead flesh).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

There are a few undead paladins.

The boss in the naxxramas, he wields holy spells and powers even though he is clearly an undead.

An NPC in eastern plaguelands (argent dawn faction) is also an undead paladin, he even gives you quests and talks about it.

Probably even more examples exist that i can't think of - but undead paladins DO exist... what does not exist is "demonic + Holy light", as shown throughout draenei lore in outland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise not possible.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I'm not sure...i think it's not possible, but i remember that every Scarlet Crusader in Tyr's Hand has been turned undead and they were still using holy abilities.
    I personally wouldn't look at psychopathic, delusional zealots as a viable metric (irony aside), given that most Forsaken aren't sufficiently-deluded or -insane to put themselves through that level of agony (again, CDev has noted that just priests have a high suicide rate; it would likely be through the roof for paladins).

It's also worth noting that so far, the only undead we see using paladin abilities are either psychopaths (the Risen Scarlet Crusaders), or under the Lich King's mental domination (Fallen Crusaders, Sir Zeliek), or Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    Lore wise not possible.
    not saying it would be good lore, but lore wise... blizzard could easily say HAY UNHOLY LIGHT NOW UNDEADPALADINS#DEALWITHIT and no1 would be able to stop them

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise not possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

edit: Wrong thread, clicked on my bookmark for round 3 rather than round 2

Deleted
    It is role freindly and possible but blizz wont make it cause of then class number of alliane/horde would be unbalanced

Undead can use holy power they can be paladins... dont argue ive searched many times and really expirienced and lore-wise pople agree on this

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Undead paladins are deathknights. As palandins paladins tho, no. Light burns the undead.
    Undead priests say hi!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The problem is that it's NOT role friendly. All playable undead are Forsaken, technically, and they are against wielding the Light.
    Until undead priests are removed, that argument is noice
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142

edit: Wrong thread, clicked on my bookmark for round 3 rather than round 2
    I just wanna C&P and two Q&A questions you're referring to, so some people will actually, y'know, read them and not hide behind the "I can't find what you're talking about" wall as an excuse;

Q: When undead use or are healed by the Holy Light, does it cause them any actual damage or harm, or does it only cause them pain (in addition to the intended effects of the spell)?
    A: Channeling the Light in any way, or receiving healing from the Light, only causes pain. Forsaken priests do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light for an extended period of time… though they may wish they would.

Q: Are there long-term effects on an undead who is in regular contact with the Holy Light in a positive way?
    A: It is difficult to say, as there are no known records of undead wielding the Holy Light before the Third War. There are reports, however, that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath. Unfortunately, this may be the cause of the Forsaken priesthood's increased attempts at self-destruction; regaining these senses would force the priests to smell their own rotting flesh, taste the decay in their mouths and throats, and even feel the maggots burrowing within their bodies.
    So yes, it's entirely possible for Forsaken to channel the light, and so is possible to become holy / discipline priests and paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Light burning the undead? How can undead be priests using holy spells? Not so into lore so please explain for me
    I remember my low lvl dorf priest and undead priest starter quests in vanilla. It went something like light and shadow are on the different sides of the same coin, shadow was the primary focus of the undead and thru learning the priestly ways from the shadow side they could manipulate the light, and likewise for the dwarf using the light to learn the evil (shadow) techniques.

EDIT: found some ingame text for undead:

From Dark Cleric Duesten:

There are many lessons that the Forsaken have learned through experience--things that some races can only begin to fathom. And although our path lies in darkness, you will find that a great many things rely on both the light and the dark. Your lessons shall teach you to use both... and with discretion. But heed my words: never forget we were forged in corruption and left to rot like so much carrion. The Darkness is our home.

Seek out Dark Cleric Beryl in Brill when you're ready to learn more.

From Dark Cleric Beryl:

Our power comes from darkness and shadow, <name>, but that is not your only role. You have acknowledged that there is merit in knowing the healing arts. This is wise. But before you can know the dark, you must also know the light. And for this, I have a test for you.

North of the cemetery is a wounded Deathguard--Deathguard Kel. He has protected us from gnolls for some time, and needs healing. But, you must also fortify his body before he can return to duty. Do both with your spells, and then return to me.
    If this wasnt an MMO i doubt the undead could use holy spells at all, but they have twisted the lore enough for it to atleast be acceptable imo

Lore wise not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan
    There are tons of Undead Paladins in Tyr's Hand.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=46092#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9448#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9447#abilities

All former Scarlet Crusade Paladins who retained their holy powers in undeath. So it can be done.
    Look, I don't know what's so hard about this. It has been established in the game that it is possible for an undead to retain their holy paladin abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken Paladin class - Day 1
    "Alright guys, let's attempt an exorcism"
    Forsaken Paladin class, memorial service - Day 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Use of Holy power burns them, but likely would not kill them. Moments like this where Gameplay logic should exceed Lore logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Possible, yes. But as I already stated before:
    "Or at least, that's what many believe". This is assuming that this belief is true, and that 100% of Forsaken have no desire to follow the light.

It's entirely possible that, one day, a Forsaken rises who has not felt that he was forsaken by the light, and that in undeath he has been given a second chance to do the Light's work. Or a Forsaken rises into undeath, begins to hate his own faction leader for her similarities to the Lich King, her politics, or whatever, and goes to join the Argent Crusade, becoming a Paladin.

Unfortunately, so many people are so brain dead here that they would rather let their lore stagnate and not grow.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Did you not read the part where the Light only causes them pain, but doesn't harm them?