Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's really no reason for all the races and class combinations not to exist. I'd love to have a Draenei Warlock or an Orc Paladin, and seeing all the Druid forms would be amazing. Give it to me, yes.

Yeah! Let's just homogenize everything! It'll be so much fun when everything is exactly the same!
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2013-11-12 at 02:34 AM.

undead pallies and draenei warlocks should NEVER BE PLAYABLE. those 2 make no sense at all, lore still matters to alot of people.

Deleted
    Gnome druids would own :

Goldfish form (orca)
    Pony form (stag)
    Critter form (cat)
    Piglet form (bear)
    Mouse form (cheetah)

So much win.

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Draenei Warlock
    heh, that's... corrupt :P

Draenei are like the opposite of warlocks - demonic corruption is the whole reason they are called Draenei and not Eredar.

That said, they could always add an anarchy faction with Eredar as a race I guess x)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, good lore evolves. it doesn't stay the same just to keep your anus from clenching into implosion.

the only thing i can't see happening is draenei warlocks.
    Yeah but undead Paladins? That's like an oxymoron.

Frankly it's only because gameplay >> lore that undead can even be priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    heh, that's... corrupt :P

Draenei are like the opposite of warlocks - demonic corruption is the whole reason they are called Draenei and not Eredar.

That said, they could always add an anarchy faction with Eredar as a race I guess x)
    Night Elves despised arcane magic for similar reasons, but ended up getting the Highborne back.

To be honest, almost every race officially despises and distrusts Warlocks. The old quest chains had them operating as secret societies in Stormwind and Orgrimmar as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Night Elves despised arcane magic for similar reasons, but ended up getting the Highborne back.

To be honest, almost every race officially despises and distrusts Warlocks. The old quest chains had them operating as secret societies in Stormwind and Orgrimmar as I recall.
    This nonsense needs to stop. Night elves and arcane magic is no were even close to draenei and fel magic. It's not a valid comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

- - - Updated - - -

99% of forsaken priests are shadow in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And for that matter...be healed by anything other than necromancy.

The good ol days when you could shackle a forsaken player.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Shadow Paladins......

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmo View Post
    Again, just because it doesnt make sense to you, doesnt mean you can write it off.

You know who teaches the forsaken how to be hunters? Blightcaller. Do you know how he learned to be the ranger he is today? The elves. I didnt call him an Elf, that would contradict everything i had been stating.

I did read the UD Paladins lore, its a perfect contradiction to "forsaken cant be undead...*THE LIGHT*" . Yes, he had the highest degree of faith that kept his own mind intact, even though he was still under control. That doesnt discredit the ability to become a paladin as a forsaken; It does credit his ability to keep from turning into a Death Knight. You are also trying to compare the "extraordinary" of a high level paladin, with a level 1 paladin. A level 1 paladin does not harness the light ( or is enveloped with the light) at the same magnitude as a high level one like Uther. As one grows stronger, more of the light becomes part of the Paladin, its a growth of both faith and character. Its not just an "unlock" that happens as you grow up, while you store the entire 100 levels of paladin in your body at lvl 1 . Nobody would be able to handle that, not even our Paladin champions that we swoon over.
    I can write it off because it doesn;t make sense in general. Just because you want something bad enough, doesn;t mean it will, or should.

No, my point on Paladins was about Faith, not their mastery of the Light. Again, having one UD Paladin doesn't suddenly make snese for all of them to have that ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah! Let's just homogenize everything! It'll be so much fun when everything is exactly the same!
    I agree with this. To be honest, I thought Gnome warriors were a dumb idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Get over your lore holdup. Doesn't matter any longer. Let people play the class/race combo they want. End of story. You want a lore explanation? The player is a determined soul who trains under a master willing to teach them.

Saying a Panda can't be a druid is like saying no caucasian could be a samurai or ninja (or could never be a dancer or jump high ) ... race means nothing. Your personal willingness to adapt, your level of dedication, your effort dictates what you can achieve. In a world where a blood elf can learn to transform into a demon as they increase in skill, having them learn how to transform into animals as a druid doesn't seem far fetched at all.

Do you define yourself on your race? Do you limit what you can achieve based on your race? I sure hope not.

Lore isn't a good excuse, because there is a way around it. With Undead priests, we already have proven that there are some willing to work through the misery to attain the path they wish to take.

The only limitations should revolve around technical ones; and the only ones that would have technical issues would be Panda DKs (or any future initially neutral race). Everything is up for grabs.

Go ahead, get upset and yell at me why you have to be right; but in the end, you don't. The creators of the IP can do whatever they damn well please; and for me, race is not a limiting factor in the game or irl. You control your own destiny through your mindset.
    No, I will not get over it.

Yes, lore still matters.

No, everything isn;t up for grabs.

No, I will not yell at you.

And for that matter...be healed by anything other than necromancy.

The good ol days when you could shackle a forsaken player.......

- - - Updated - - -

Shadow Paladins......
    shadow pallies? really are you that idiotic? shadow pallies are basically death knights

Yeah and I think there was some excuse for Discipline as well... it's pretty silly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

shadow pallies? really are you that idiotic? shadow pallies are basically death knights
    You mean Shadow Priests are not "basically warlocks" ?

"Really are you that idiotic?"

The only Race/Class combos worth adding at this point is Gnome Hunters and Blood elf druids.
    Draenei Warlocks is just...No. Fel and demon magic is the biggest blasphemy in Draenei society.

Imagine if someone in the middle age in real life lore had big satanistic tattoos, and could commune with the devil yet he was loyal to the Pope.
    He'd be exiled or worse. In the same way, Draenei Warlocks would simply not be accepted in Draenei society at all. They'd be hunted down and forcefully exiled.

Trolls become Paladins by worshipping the sand, orcs gain Paladin abilities by getting sunburn

slime

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I have no problem with this, providing each new race/class combo has a good explanation. There are some which don't really fit, but there's no reason they can't exist (e.g Human Druids.). Others are harder to justify due to cultural reasons (e.g Draenei Warlocks) but explanations could still be found (e.g Fight fire with fire in the vein of DHs). So to speculate for the Alliance:

Humans:
    > Druids: We already have Gilnean druids who apparently took up pagan-esque practices after separating from the rest of the Alliance. Human Druids could be non-worgified Gilneans who took up the art.
    > Shaman: A natural result of close contact with the Dwarves, especially the Wildhammer.

Dwarves:
    >Druids: The Wildhammer Dwarves are already close with nature, so Druids aren't a huge stretch.

Gnome:
    >Paladin. We already have Gnome priests worshiping the Holy Light, Paladins aren't a stretch.
    >Druid/Shaman: Initially very weird seeming indeed, but they already have close proximity to Shamans (and with Wildhammer Druids, druids as well). They're also curious and inquisitive, so moving onto nature magic makes some degree of sense.

Night Elf:
    >Paladin: Could be nicely explained as a subset of Priestesses of the Moon, who are in-lore far more martial than the Priest class.
    >Warlock: Should we ever get DHs, Warlocks could also be justified with fight-fire-with-fire methods.
    >Shaman: Not a huge stretch given the Nelf's connection with nature.

Draenei:
    >Warlocks: Same as Nelfs.
    >Rogues: They're big, but that doesn't mean they can't be sneaky. We already have a Draenei SI:7 Agent in Pandaria. They could wrap their hooves in felt.
    > Druid: Close proximity to the Nelfs makes this a logical next step.

Worgen:
    >Monks: The same explanation for all the other races: retcon a Pandaren Monk into Gilneas.
    > Shaman: No real reason, but there's no reason why not either. The explanations used for humans could easily apply.
    >Paladins: Gilneas was cut off from the outside world prior to the formation of the Silver Hand, explaining the lack of Worgen Paladins. But they still worship the Light, so now they've reunited with the Alliance there's no reason why Worgen Paladins can't exist.

Pandaren:
    >DKs: There have supposedly always been the odd Pandaren adventurer wandering around Azeroth like Chen. Some could have been killed and risen as DKs.
    >Warlocks: A hard one. It would be a bit lazy to use the "fight fire with fire" excuse for all new Warlocks, but it could work. Or an extremist group of Panda's who believe that there's too much light, and that to achieve balance there must be a bit more darkness.
    >Druids: Would have made sense to begin with imo.
    Biggest issue I have is Draenei Warlock and Druid. Also, NE Warlock. Warlock makes NO SENSE because of where they come from. They loathe demons in every form. A draenei would never become a warlock. Druid makes no sense because, as a rule, draenei worship the Light/Naaru. Druids worship the Earth. This is different from Shamans because they simply bend the elements to their needs as Shamans, Druids require a deep connection with nature.

I also have an issue with Gnome Druid/Shaman because, in Warcraft, nature and technology haven't mixed.

Also, Night Elf Mage needs to die. It makes no sense. Current NEs hate the arcane. I know, lore standpoint, there have been NE Mages, but there shouldn't be more because of their (a) deep connection with nature and (b) experience with the night elves who did study arcane magic. Same logic for warlocks in all honesty, but even more blatantly wrong.

You mean Shadow Priests are not "basically warlocks" ?

"Really are you that idiotic?"
    Being a Paladin is not really so much a profession as it is a title; As soon as a Paladin died, even if the necromancer was powerful enough to resurrect him/her, they would either lose their connection with the light and no longer be able to call themselves a Paladin. They wouldn't gain any powerful shadow or fel abilities through undeath, they'd just lose their Holy powers and perhaps retrain in another magical discipline, making them a different class all together. (If not warriors)

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    If nearly every race can learn to be monks I don't see why they can't learn to be the other classes. The races have been working together so long now you'd think they'd teach each other their tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Also, Night Elf Mage needs to die. It makes no sense. Current NEs hate the arcane. I know, lore standpoint, there have been NE Mages, but there shouldn't be more because of their (a) deep connection with nature and (b) experience with the night elves who did study arcane magic. Same logic for warlocks in all honesty, but even more blatantly wrong.
    The reason the Elves have such a distrust and hatred for the Arcane is because of the consequences of their misuse of said magic. Remembering that Elves are essentially eternal, the ones that were exiled for being Magi are still knocking about to this day, known to us as the Highborne.

slime

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    More options would be great. I'm the sort of person who would prefer more options for everything if possible.